Player Discussion Rasmus Ristolainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
The McEichel obsessed crew would.
And they'd have reason to. Adding Eichel > Adding Hanifan -- when you look at our D without Hanifian, it's already excellent. Ristolainin, Bogosian, Pysyk, Zadorov, Gorges, Weber, McCabe, Ruhwedel.

Looking at our centers without Eichel, it's not excellent.

Orvald

Feb 24, 2015
Belgium
And they'd have reason to. Adding Eichel > Adding Hanifan -- when you look at our D without Hanifian, it's already excellent. Ristolainin, Bogosian, Pysyk, Zadorov, Gorges, Weber, McCabe, Ruhwedel.

Looking at our centers without Eichel, it's not excellent.

Yeah but if we draft #3, you might have to choose between strome and hanifin. Also in my view Zadorov becomes expendeable for a top 6 forward if hanifin is drafted.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Bogosian returns to play 29 minutes in the OTL to Arizona.

Ristolainen?

23:59 (24 minutes)

!!!!

I get so amped when I watch

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
2 points, +3 in a 5-3 loss

I have reached man-crush level with Rasmus

This guy is 20 years old?!? What's he gonna look like when he's in his prime in EIGHT YEARS?!?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Had to dip out before the 3rd period started tonight, but in the first 2 he was so good. No panic when he feels the forecheck coming, clean smart breakout passes, jumping into the offense at the right times... I really can't wait to see what type of player he is ~3 years from now. He has so many tools in his toolbox and his development to date has been excellent.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
I'm surprised how quick he found this dynamic aspect to his game in NHL. Now he is playing exactly how he played in the WJC the last games. His goal last night was a great evidence of that.

Last year we saw his game elevating at the end of the season. Now it's the same thing.

I have no reason not to believe that we might see his breakout next season, when the team gets better around him. And we likely have Bogosian who will carry the load with ease, when the slumps come to Risto.

He has scored 7 goals this season already, which is really good considering how bad this team is. Annual 15-20 goals shouldn't be impossible outcome when he is on his prime and the team is a contender.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
He had an awesome third period, as well. That one breakout in the early third where he was pressured from behind on one side and went around the net and took it out himself without losing speed or hesitating. Picturesque.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm surprised how quick he found this dynamic aspect to his game in NHL. Now he is playing exactly how he played in the WJC the last games. His goal last night was a great evidence of that.

Last year we saw his game elevating at the end of the season. Now it's the same thing.

I have no reason not to believe that we might see his breakout next season, when the team gets better around him. And we likely have Bogosian who will carry the load with ease, when the slumps come to Risto.

He has scored 7 goals this season already, which is really good considering how bad this team is. Annual 15-20 goals shouldn't be impossible outcome when he is on his prime and the team is a contender.

Good post. I like how he shakes off his mistakes when they happen. The mental toughness is there. It's clear how much improvement has and will happen with experience.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm astonished by his development over the course of two years. Last season in the 'A' he showed potential, but still looked raw. I didn't expect him to hit this level of play so quickly. Hopefully he finds more consistency next year. Bogo and Risto will hold the right side down for years to come.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
A lot of defensemen develop and grow into a role, but it's rare to see it happen on a game-over-game basis.

If this is what Devine saw in RR that he was that worried when Nashville sent their Finn scout up to the podium, then he's a helluva scout.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
A lot of defensemen develop and grow into a role, but it's rare to see it happen on a game-over-game basis.

If this is what Devine saw in RR that he was that worried when Nashville sent their Finn scout up to the podium, then he's a helluva scout.

Last year Devine was as a guest at WGR. He said that you always have a bit higher risk when drafting from Europe. But when he saw how fast Risto adapted to the smaller rink, he immediately knew, that they had hit the jackpot there.

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011

I'm sure Murray kept him in a key role because he thinks he's a good scout... but yeah, between that pick and the Girgensons pick, he is looking pretty great.

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh

Risto, over a potential #1 overall Jones.. Devine really loves Rasmus

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Risto, over a potential #1 overall Jones.. Devine really loves Rasmus

I don't think that's what as in his mind. I think it's more likely he was worried that if Nashville took Rasmus, Seth Jones, Monahan, and Lindholm would all go before us, leaving us without someone they had ranked very highly. Risto stood a good chance of being available where we were picking, unlike other guys they probably had ranked above him.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
I don't think that's what as in his mind. I think it's more likely he was worried that if Nashville took Rasmus, Seth Jones, Monahan, and Lindholm would all go before us, leaving us without someone they had ranked very highly. Risto stood a good chance of being available where we were picking, unlike other guys they probably had ranked above him.

This. I don't think that Risto was ahead of Jones on his list. But it tells a lot how high Devine was on Risto, when he legitimately believed that Nashville might take him ahead of Jones.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
This. I don't think that Risto was ahead of Jones on his list. But it tells a lot how high Devine was on Risto, when he legitimately believed that Nashville might take him ahead of Jones.

"****. They're bringing up their Finnish scout!" One of my favorite reactions ever caught on camera.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY

Spot on. What he was really worried about was that if Nasvhille picked Risto there was very little chance of Jones making it to 8. Whereas if they went Jones there was a pretty good chance of Risto making it to 8. But it speaks volumes that Devine thought that Nashville picking Risto was plausible at all. We definitely lucked out that Edmonton picked Nurse.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Spot on. What he was really worried about was that if Nasvhille picked Risto there was very little chance of Jones making it to 8. Whereas if they went Jones there was a pretty good chance of Risto making it to 8. But it speaks volumes that Devine thought that Nashville picking Risto was plausible at all. We definitely lucked out that Edmonton picked Nurse.

Nurse and Edmonton were a match pre draft. Fully expected that. I agree that the good thing here was they the fact that Devine thought it was even a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad