Confirmed with Link: Rasmus Kupari 2 years 1 million aav

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Stanley pick wouldn't be a huge deal if we didn't package two picks for him... just to move up four spots - I'd say it was the first time the Jets moved away from drafting BPA
People still upset about this 5 years later. He was bpa to them. That's why they made the trade. Trading a 36th for a 78th to get a player you like is nothing. Its definitely not a huge deal. Besides they only drafted 1 2nd rounder in over a decade that is an everyday nhl player. Samberg.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
People still upset about this 5 years later. He was bpa to them. That's why they made the trade. Trading a 36th for a 78th to get a player you like is nothing. Its definitely not a huge deal. Besides they only drafted 1 2nd rounder in over a decade that is an everyday nhl player. Samberg.
It was the beginning of the Hillier era... not a good start... and the lack of finding an NHLer after the first round is not a great stat to cite...

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
For me he’s like a Finnish Matty P before his back problems. Speed, skill and pestiness and has the nous to skate calmly away after every edgy play, which is guaranteed to drive opponents crazy.

His angles are so much better than AJFs.
Agree..in retrospect -> this is all correct. Excellent summary.

1544_Poirot_getty_main.jpg

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Fastest player in the NHL this year according to the new NHL edge stats that were released to the public this morning

That's fab. Knew he was fast but not that fast. Have noticed that his speed and edgework allows him to lose players when he's cutting to the outside or inside, even if they know where's likely going. We've seen that curl out of the corners a few times and it's still working. Also helps him draw penalties that someday our PP may be able to convert on.

Really happy with the player and he's got plenty of upside still to show. Def a payer worth hanging onto. Haven't had that kind of excitement and versatility for a long time now. I'd bet he and Gruffalo are quickly becoming fan faves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad