Confirmed with Link: Rasmus Kupari 2 years 1 million aav

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Chevy does grind out his contracts, especially with his RFAs.

Yeah, the cost controlled depth guys he really grinds every cent out of. I think it's the way to go in a cap league. Need to keep depth as cheap as you can while you can.

He does pay fair market value with his impact RFA's.

My guess is Chisholm won't be long now. I'm very curious with Stanley. Does he hold out to try to force a move or does he sign soon as well.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah, the cost controlled depth guys he really grinds every cent out of. I think it's the way to go in a cap league. Need to keep depth as cheap as you can while you can.

My guess is Chisholm won't be long now. I'm very curious with Stanley. Does he hold out to try to force a move or does he sign soon as well.
It will be interesting to see what happens with Chisholm and Stanley. I'm curious if Chisholm gets a 1 way or a 2 way contract, also how tight does Chevy keep a wrap on Stanley's salary? Without any vets being moved out (which seem unlikely at this point) there isn't room on the roster for all of them.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
It will be interesting to see what happens with Chisholm and Stanley. I'm curious if Chisholm gets a 1 way or a 2 way contract, also how tight does Chevy keep a wrap on Stanley's salary? Without any vets being moved out (which seem unlikely at this point) there isn't room on the roster for all of them.

Looking forward to seeing Kup take this opportunity and run with it. Interesting player type who might Yoel Armia his way into an important niche on the team.

I know we need to sign Big Stan in order to be able to trade him, but honestly I’d do him a solid (and us too) and set him free to spread his wide, wide wings elsewhere.

He’s had a long, long look and has done little with it. Had he not been that guy that Chevy traded up for, I expect he’s gone years ago.

But, of course, Chara…

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Stanley has no bartering power whatsoever and if he tries to hold out, Chevy will just let him sit.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Looking forward to seeing Kup take this opportunity and run with it. Interesting player type who might Yoel Armia his way into an important niche on the team.

I know we need to sign Big Stan in order to be able to trade him, but honestly I’d do him a solid (and us too) and set him free to spread his wide, wide wings elsewhere.

He’s had a long, long look and has done little with it. Had he not been that guy that Chevy traded up for, I expect he’s gone years ago.

But, of course, Chara…
He doesn't have to be signed to trade him.

Reactions: hn777

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Stanley and Schmidt need to go
Schmidt isn't going anywhere at this point unless Chevy is willing to eat as much shit coming back, or he pays a big price in futures for someone to take on the contract. All teams trying to compete have their backs against the cap. Teams that aren't in win now will want significant futures to take on close to $6 M over each of the next 2 seasons.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

But, of course, Chara…
Unless Stanley signs for league minimum to help grease a trade, it doesn't really matter if he is signed or not. 2/3 players we got for PLD weren't signed when we made the trade.

Reactions: MelikeJets

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Schmidt isn't going anywhere at this point unless Chevy is willing to eat as much shit coming back, or he pays a big price in futures for someone to take on the contract. All teams trying to compete have their backs against the cap. Teams that aren't in win now will want significant futures to take on close to $6 M over each of the next 2 seasons.

Yup. We are stuck with him and Pionk as well.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Really interested to see what he can do with some more ice time...

Happy Jet Birthday Kup' cake...

giphy.gif

Reactions: SUX2BU

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Yup. We are stuck with him and Pionk as well.
Having to keep Pionk and Schmidt really blocks Heinola, as does Dillon to Chisholm. I’d want to move either Pionk or Schmidt, preferably both, and replace them with a legit top pairing RHD to play with JMo.

Moving Dillon and Stan might be the only moves Chevy has that won’t cost him futures. Though I’d rather have a Dillon/Heinola 3rd pairing for one year to get Ville comfortable in NHL.

And good signing of Kupari. I think he can develop into a solid 3C.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Having to keep Pionk and Schmidt really blocks Heinola, as does Dillon to Chisholm. I’d want to move either Pionk or Schmidt, preferably both, and replace them with a legit top pairing RHD to play with JMo.

Moving Dillon and Stan might be the only moves Chevy has that won’t cost him futures. Though I’d rather have a Dillon/Heinola 3rd pairing for one year to get Ville comfortable in NHL.

We have both DeMelo and Dillion up in a year. My guess is they plan on transitioning to their prospects then. Which means Chisholm gets the PB spot to start and gets in for injuries. I still think Stanley is moved at some point before the season starts.

I'd like to keep DeMelo, but I feel of the Jets were interested he'd have been extended by now.

Reactions: Stumbledore

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
We have both DeMelo and Dillion up in a year. My guess is they plan on transitioning to their prospects then. Which means Chisholm gets the PB spot to start and gets in for injuries. I still think Stanley is moved at some point before the season starts.

I'd like to keep DeMelo, but I feel of the Jets were interested he'd have been extended by now.
I think DD is extended (2 years) before TC.

Though I’d rather have a Dillon/Heinola 3rd pairing for one year to get Ville comfortable in NHL.

Who's playing the right side?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad