Prospect Info: Rasmus Kumpulainen, C, 53rd Overall, 2023 NHL Draft

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If can ragdoll half the league, he would’ve scored more. I’m not a fan of the CHL either but he didn’t exactly light it on fire. One more year there where he scores well above PPG won’t kill his development.

PPG is all that's needed.

Everyone is drooling over Heidt because he's was flirting with 2 PPG all season. Kumpulainen was around half of that point total, but he scored 6 less goals in 8 less games.

I just don't see how some padded points total due to being older/bigger does much of anything for development other than give the fans something to swoon over.

Reactions: Wonderful Tacos

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Everyone is drooling over Heidt because he's was flirting with 2 PPG all season. Kumpulainen was around half of that point total, but he scored 6 less goals in 8 less games.

I just don't see how some padded points total due to being older/bigger does much of anything for development other than give the fans something to swoon over.
I don’t see the problem sending him back to juniors. He won’t make the NHL team and I’m not sure Iowa is the best place for development…

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I don’t see the problem sending him back to juniors. He won’t make the NHL team and I’m not sure Iowa is the best place for development…

Maybe Iowa hasn't been the best place for development because we only have had like 2 forwards drafted in the top 3 rounds since like 2018 there.

Getting guys with legit chances to play in the NHL there will help everyone. Rising tides raise all boats.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023

Co-sign this. If they decide to hold him back another year bc he was young for his draft or whatever fine but this is like the prototype of a guy who can handle the AHL at a young age.

He's big, he's demonstrated dominance in his role at the CHL level for a full season, he's a finnish center which typically comes with a certain approach to the game, he enjoys playing physically, seems like a reasonably bright kid in interviews, understands/speaks english fluently, and he showed really well in training camp playing against AHLers & fringe NHL guys already. I'm all about not rushing guys but I dont know what other boxes there are for him to check off really.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Maybe Iowa hasn't been the best place for development because we only have had like 2 forwards drafted in the top 3 rounds since like 2018 there.

Getting guys with legit chances to play in the NHL there will help everyone. Rising tides raise all boats.
Dewar
McBain (traded)
Khovanov (bust)
Boldy (right to NHL basically)
Firstov (bailed)
Beckman
Rossi
Khusnutdinov (right to NHL)
Bankier

2022-2023 probably too early for them to be in the AHL. If I were to bet, I would say that Haight, Lorenz, Heidt, Stramel, and Kumpulainen will all be AHL regulars in a year or two.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

This is wrong, a submarine is a boat.

Iowa could have some decent FWD talent next year if they keep their players.
1st rounder: Ohgren
2nd rounder: Firstov, Haight, Kump
3rd rounder: Bankier, Beckman, Milne

Toporowski has started out well after they acquired him, no clue if it's a fluke or not though.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Toporowski has started out well after they acquired him, no clue if it's a fluke or not though.
From the EliteProspects scouting reports, he's coming as advertised. Not sure if the production will be sustainable but he's doing exactly what's been expected of him skill-wise.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia

Toporowski has played well - not saying hes a legit top prospect but hes got a chance to play games in the NHL. Not a fluke - above average shot, better hands than anticipated, goes to the net, processes game well, and isn't a defensive liability. He and Bankier look good together - will be good to see them with additional talent.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Submarine's stay underwater based on the equilibrium of how full the ballast tanks are with water, that is dependent on the sub's relationship with the surface.

Without human intervention, a rising tide would indeed raise a submarine's distance from the seafloor.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Submarine's stay underwater based on the equilibrium of how full the ballast tanks are with water, that is dependent on the sub's relationship with the surface.

Without human intervention, a rising tide would indeed raise a submarine's distance from the seafloor.

But would the rising tide make the submarine wet?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Are people inside a submarine called sea men (heh) or submariners?

Bubbleheads and they are strange.

The majority of E3 in the Navy have the Seaman designation. So you get some unintended hilarity with people having unfortunate last names (Stane is still my favorite).

• Haha
Reactions: Digitalbooya

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Sea men when they dive deep.
Now hold your (sea) horses...

Aquaman-2.jpg

I was torn with options I kept it clean. Aquaman (not the sexy live action version), Jerry Springer, or Maury Povich was my first thought...

• Haha
Reactions: Arturia Pendragon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad