Rasmus Dahlin

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Doesn’t even matter, look at the talk Pettersson is getting around the league. His hot start really put him ahead, since the first 10 games or so Dahlin is absolutely neck and neck with him.

I think if Dahlin keeps improving his pace, as he has since the first 10-15 games, he could win over Pettersson. Gonna take high 50s to do it.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Yeah it's definitely not impossible, depending on what level he's playing at come the end of the season.

It will come down to a few simple things:

1) Which team makes the playoffs

2) If neither team makes the playoffs, then Pettersson probably wins it

3) UNLESS Pettersson gets injured again and Dahlin ends the seasons with like 50+ points, which would be spectacular and would give him a chance

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

There was a graph last week that showed he creates the third most 5 on 5 shots of any Dman in the league. At 18.

It's crazy because his shot volume is really low. But he does things with the puck that no other defenseman can, not even Karlsson.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's crazy because his shot volume is really low. But he does things with the puck that no other defenseman can, not even Karlsson.

Like what things?

His offensive style right now reminds me of Klingberg but a little less fancy and less risky for obvious reasons

Reactions: Mr Hat

snu22fint

Jun 19, 2016
8 points and +8 rating in 9 games in Jan. Should be enough for rookie of the months right? :)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Still find it funny people were giving him flack for a slowish start.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I haven't watched him but is his season anymore impressive then ekblads rc season
Yes. Ekblad played very sheltered minutes his rookie year and played alongside transition god Brian Campbell. Dahlin is the one driving things when he is on the ice, full stop. He's also on pace for more points than Ekblad had, while playing less sheltered minutes and not being even close to as physically developed as Ekblad was at 18.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Like what things?

His offensive style right now reminds me of Klingberg but a little less fancy and less risky for obvious reasons

The things he does to get a puck out of his own end are things I’ve never seen done with the consistency he does it. Back passes to himself off the wall around a guy, yesterday he turned and flung a puck off the wall up ive to a man in stride that I will never know how he saw him. The way he moves a puck in his own end when guys converge on him and the little tap plays he makes to get it up ice are quietly ridiculous. He does a few a game where you have to ask if he meant to do it...but he’s done it so many times that the answer has to be yes.

His passing in the offensive zone is terrific...but it’s the little creative plays he makes to move the puck up ice in the first place that separate him from what I’ve seen any young D do.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
After watching the highlights in the second post, I think Buffalo may secretly have my favorite jersey in the league.

Happy Dahlin is doing well - wish I saw more of him this year.
I def see a Dahlin jersey in my future. I already have #26 Vanek, too. He's finally playing comfortable and relaxed, so you can start watching him now, w/o having to see those early hiccups.

C4R105

Nov 9, 2014
Do you think he is the best rookie defenseman since 2000 ? not just 18 years old .... what do you think if you compare his season and Phaneuf 05-06 ?

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Sabres fans are obsessed with Housley's handling of rookie D Lawrence Pilut, I'm not, 90% of NHL coaches would do the same. My problem with Housley is not making Dahlin the quarterback of PP1, he's already clearly eclipsed Ristolainen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad