Rasmus Dahlin

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Can we have a single thread about Dahlin without a bunch of kids screeching about Heiskanen?
He's on pace to be the second highest scoring 18 year old defenseman behind some guy named Bobby Orr in the 100+ year history of the league.
But how many games has he played for the Stars? Exactly, so it doesn't count.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Might have something do with the fact that Dallas is one of the least scoring teams in the NHL and Miro plays a lot. Posting +- without any context is plain silly.
Buffalo 145 GF 149GA -4 DIF. Dallas 127GF 128GA -1 DIF. Dahlin plays all situations and is a +9 on a -4 dif team. I don't claim to know Heiskanens usage but he's -8 on a -1 dif team. There's no way his usage is harder than Dahlins.

Reactions: Mortiz

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Nothing about Dahlin’s rookie season has been historic.

He’s a great player. Heiskanen is a great player. But to say that Dahlin’s rookie season has been historic is hilarious.

Please do not try to claim Dahlin (or Miro, Stars fans) has been “objectively” better. Dahlin has more points, but Miro has exhibited a better defensive game. It’s pretty much exactly what most predicted.

A simple google search would have saved you from posting this crap. Yes, pacing for the 2nd highest point total as an 18 yo D is historic.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
You literally just did.
Fine, I looked it up, Dahlin gets 3.2% more oZS%. That's a difference of about 1 face off per game. Dahlin at 53.8% and Heiskanen 50.6%. Niether player is being sheltered like Ekblad during his rookie year at 61.2%. My point which i expressed very poorly was that Dahlin vs Heiskanens usage does not account for the 17 goal differential between them.

Interestingly they both have the highest oZS% for a D on their respective team that has appeared in all 50 games. Honka and Kilngberg have higher % but have missed significant time.

Reactions: crossbownerf

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Fine, I looked it up, Dahlin gets 3.2% more oZS%. That's a difference of about 1 face off per game. Dahlin at 53.8% and Heiskanen 50.6%. Niether player is being sheltered like Ekblad during his rookie year at 61.2%. My point which i expressed very poorly was that Dahlin vs Heiskanens usage does not account for the 17 goal differential between them.

Interestingly they both have the highest oZS% for a D on their respective team that has appeared in all 50 games. Honka and Kilngberg have higher % but have missed significant time.

I mean for Dallas only Heiskanen , Lindell , Polak didn't miss significant time .

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Can we have a single thread about Dahlin without a bunch of kids screeching about Heiskanen?

But how many games has he played for the Stars? Exactly, so it doesn't count.

Seems like the same happens in any thread about Heiskanen......Sabres fans get rattled (lol) at any lofty praise thrown Heiskanen's way, or any hint that he's the best teenage d-man in the league.

Which is debatable, certainly.

I'm just happy one of 'em happens to play for Dallas, that's all. Heiskanen's going to do great things.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Seems like the same happens in any thread about Heiskanen......Sabres fans get rattled (lol) at any lofty praise thrown Heiskanen's way, or any hint that he's the best teenage d-man in the league.

I'm just happy one of 'em happens to play for Dallas, that's all. Heiskanen's going to do great things.
By Sabres fans you mean like two people though.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Buffalo 145 GF 149GA -4 DIF. Dallas 127GF 128GA -1 DIF. Dahlin plays all situations and is a +9 on a -4 dif team. I don't claim to know Heiskanens usage but he's -8 on a -1 dif team. There's no way his usage is harder than Dahlins.
Heiskanen plays more minutes than Dahlin. He was playing on the top pair against top matchups while Klingberg was out

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Heiskanen plays more minutes than Dahlin. He was playing on the top pair against top matchups while Klingberg was out

Hell, he plays more minutes than damn near everyone. Leads all rookies - over two minutes per game ahead of second place which just happens to be Dahlin.

NHL.com - Stats

It looks like Miro gets more even-strength and shorthanded minutes, while Dahlin gets the boost on the power play. That doesn't explain the +/-, but I credit that to Miro's usage with Klingberg on the shelf earlier combined with Dallas's sometimes-anemic offense. One goal or less in 5 of their last 6 games. :help:

Dahlin's obviously had a standout season in Buffalo, no doubt. I expect both to be Calder trophy finalists. I'm guessing Pettersson's still going to walk away with that one, though.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

Literally none of this was happening for Heiskanen until some Dallas fans and Finns completely invaded the Dahlin prospect thread to talk about Heiskanen. I made several posts in that thread highlighting how the Heiskanen thread was pristine and the Dahlin thread was littered with garbage about how Heiskanen was better. Any action taken in Heiskanen threads lately is a direct result of the actions of those specific Dallas fans and Finns who couldn't help themselves.

hellvetet

Oct 2, 2015
As a Finn, I find the past few pages quite insufferable to read. Why would you ever feel the urge to argue which of these two wonderful prospects is having the inside lane right now or in the future? No glaring flaws and both guys are relied upon on a nightly basis by their respective teams. Top5 dman rookie seasons for both of them in the past 10 years should be pretty much a given.

Ps. I'd rather have Dahlin but it's like 9,75 vs 9,50 type of a situation.

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
Literally none of this was happening for Heiskanen until some Dallas fans and Finns completely invaded the Dahlin prospect thread to talk about Heiskanen. I made several posts in that thread highlighting how the Heiskanen thread was pristine and the Dahlin thread was littered with garbage about how Heiskanen was better. Any action taken in Heiskanen threads lately is a direct result of the actions of those specific Dallas fans and Finns who couldn't help themselves.

The Heiskanen Finns are everywhere. Also on youtube and Instagram and probably on Twitter. It started before the season even started. Seen that kind of behaviour from them on Swedish forums as well about other sports as racing. Not saying they all are like that tho!

About Dahlin: Only watched first two periods against the Stars, but his performance with the puck was awful. Anyone know if he was sick or something? Didn't recognize him at all.

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019

The Heiskanen Finns are everywhere. Also on youtube and Instagram as soon as Dahlin comes up basically. It started before the season even started. Seen that kind of behaviour from them on Swedish forums as well about other sports as racing. Not saying they all are like that tho!

About Dahlin: Only watched first two periods against the Stars, but his performance with the puck was awful. Anyone know if he was sick or something? Didn't recognize him at all.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
The Heiskanen Finns are everywhere. Also on youtube and Instagram as soon as Dahlin comes up basically. It started before the season even started. Seen that kind of behaviour from them on Swedish forums as well about other sports as racing. Not saying they all are like that tho!

Sabres D definately had a rough time against the Stars.. the amount of major give aways was next level, Dahlin was first out just seconds in to the game. Unless they all were sick which I doubt it was just one of those games where they sucked. Dahlin included.

Reactions: Mortiz

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Sabres D definately had a rough time against the Stars.. the amount of major give aways was next level, Dahlin was first out just seconds in to the game. Unless they all were sick which I doubt it was just one of those games where they sucked. Dahlin included.

I am willing to give him a pass. Team was a little rusty. Just came back from their week and a bit off and this was the 2nd of a back to back with travel.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Let's not get carried away. Ray Bourque is a Top-20 player in NHL history who has a handful of Norris trophies and insane points. Nobody's "floor" is Raymond Bourque lol.

Correction! There is one.... Ray Bourque! He has exactly a Ray Bourque floor!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad