Value of: Rasmus Dahlin, 1 for 1

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Probably just 1.

I know if that player was hypothetically offered you 'have' to take it, but it's such a non issue for Buffali that I wouldn't be surprised if their prefer a different package.

Eichel
Ror
Reinhart

Is plenty deep, even if Reinhart moves wing.

Meanwhile..

Risto
Scandella

..and who else?

Sure they could move one of the other centers but.. meh.

Last edited:
Reactions: go4hockey

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
McDavid and that's probably it.

Stupid question. I know Dahlin is projected to be a generational talent and one or the most sought after prospects but would Oiler fans be open to taking that risk or keep McDavid? This is coming from someone who knows next to nothing about the Oilers and the state of their franchise.

Dakinjor

Nov 13, 2014

Stupid question. I know Dahlin is projected to be a generational talent and one or the most sought after prospects but would Oiler fans be open to taking that risk or keep McDavid? This is coming from someone who knows next to nothing about the Oilers and the state of their franchise.

I don’t think any sane Oiler fan would trade McDavid for Dahlin. And if they would they either aren’t a Oiler fan or need to go to the loony bin.

You don’t trade the back to back Art Ross winner and the captain of your team for a rookie no matter how amazing he could be.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
McDavid maybe

Any longer list is understating Dahlin's talent. The book on this kid is he attacks and skates like Karlsson, defends like Lidstrom, while being bigger and more physical than either of those guys. There has not been a D prospect of Dahlin's caliber in a very long time.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
This question has too many moving parts. In a vacuum there aren't many. In the real world Winnipeg doesn't give up Sheif, Tampa doesn't give up Kucherov or Hedman, Nashville doesn't give up Josi or Subban, Pit doesn't give up Crosby or Malkin

20% chance at a cup windows don't come along often so the teams in that echelon don't make the trade

I'll throw in a caveat under the example that say Winnipeg would trade Sheif for him if they can then take the 5m in savings plus Myers 5.5m and turn Sheif and Myers into Dahlen and Tavares. Anyways my point is it's a complicated question

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Can someone fill me in on what makes Dahlin generational? Like McDavid was the best skater in the world at 16, probably the best skater of all time now, I get that, but what's Dahlin's thing that everyone's guaranteeing he's a generational prospect? I don't see what he does significantly better than a guy like Hedman.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Dahlin is just what the Sabres needed. You really cant trade him for fair value because of the contracts involved and him being cost controlled. The Center position is actually one of the Sabres positions of strengths. Also McDavid is in a class all of his own...so you would be foolish to trade him. Of the younger players in the league....I think MacKinnon arguably is the next best player after McDavid...but I am sure I will get some debate on that...just my opinion.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Can someone fill me in on what makes Dahlin generational? Like McDavid was the best skater in the world at 16, probably the best skater of all time now, I get that, but what's Dahlin's thing that everyone's guaranteeing he's a generational prospect? I don't see what he does significantly better than a guy like Hedman.

Asking that tells me you've read about Dahlin but not actually watched him. A little YouTube research will answer that question for you

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Even if you know Dahlin would meet all the hype (I think he will) if you have McJesus you don’t trade him unless he walks into the GM’s office and yell “trade me right f-ing now” and refuses to play for your club.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012

From what I've heard from people that coached him and insiders that have talked on Buffalo radio, they say he has the whole package. Incredible gap control, incredible hockey IQ, passes incredible, incredible skater, very affective on the boards in spite of needing to add a little weight, and shoots a rocket from the blue line and soft hands when close to the net. Excellent QB on the PP and attacks the net like Karlsson. His coach said he doesn't hit a ton, but hits more now then he did and thinks the more he plays and more weight he gains, will start making more open ice hits more regularly. They said he plays defence like Lindstrom and attacks the net like Karlsson.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Asking that tells me you've read about Dahlin but not actually watched him. A little YouTube research will answer that question for you

I've watched enough, smaller softer Hedman that's much more aggressive at attacking the net in close. I don't see a huge gap in their defensive game/hockey IQ, although some of that is just Hedman abusing his reach I'm sure.

I get thinking the guy is going to be somewhere from a good #1 to a consistent Norris contender, but generational is still a tier or two up from that.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Dahlin is legit a Mcdavid’s caliber prospect.

Only difference is the position.

Who he reach his potential? Maybe not, but same was said for Mcjesus

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
WHAT IF...
I've been drinking, but what the f*** if...
EDM needs help on the blueline. You can win the Art Ross two years in a row, that's great, but EDM had a second round exit followed by missing the playoffs...what good are those Art Ross Trophies doing for EDM or McDavid.
EDM needs help on the blueline.
EDM has Draisaitl locked up.

A 1 for 1 between EDM and BUF could actually make some sense...
BUF could trade one of Eichel or ROR since they'd immediately be deep as all hell at C and help their blueline.

Wait no. I didn't just type all of that. No, I didn't. I didn't.
No, you don't trade the #1OA pick, or the dude you pick in their draft year. No.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

Up until last week if you googled "Dahlin generational" you got about 8 articles using that word 2 of which were Sportsnet and 2 which were tsn, 1 referencing him as the best Swede as his generation, 1 is NHL.com etc. and most of them say he could be generational. So this is not like McDavid, it's more like Matthews/Eichel where a few people are using it to sensationalize him.

He's being pretty overhyped IMO here on HF with one guy comparing him to Lindros in value and others calling him the McDavid of defensemen.

I'm not an expert but from what I can tell he might be a shade better than Hedman was at that age. The expectations some people are having for him in his rookie season are ridiculous and I think it is in part because rookies, usually forwards, are stepping right in and doing amazing things.

Generational is being used so much it now has become meaningless. You want to talk about Generational players we can talk about Crosby and Ovechkin, everyone else is just hoping and praying, though in fairness McDavid is the best bet to be the next one.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
WHAT IF...
I've been drinking, but what the **** if...
EDM needs help on the blueline. You can win the Art Ross two years in a row, that's great, but EDM had a second round exit followed by missing the playoffs...what good are those Art Ross Trophies doing for EDM or McDavid.
EDM needs help on the blueline.
EDM has Draisaitl locked up.

A 1 for 1 between EDM and BUF could actually make some sense...
BUF could trade one of Eichel or ROR since they'd immediately be deep as all hell at C and help their blueline.

Wait no. I didn't just type all of that. No, I didn't. I didn't.
No, you don't trade the #1OA pick, or the dude you pick in their draft year. No.
Why the f*** would you trade mcdavid for a guy that has played 0 games in the NHL? I get it he is an amazing prospect... but it’s f***ing mcdavid.....

I hate the oilers but come in...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes