Prospect Info: Rasmus Asplund (2016, 33rd) –- Loaned to Vasteras (HockeyAllsvenskan)

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
The org doesn't need him to become a 1/2C. That's great for us, as we can focus on making sure he becomes a league top 3C instead.

Trading him for defense should be entirely off the table unless the holes after this season are gaping. Give the overhauled defense and new system time to prove itself first. Kindly, shut up about it already, this season is set.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The org doesn't need him to become a 1/2C. That's great for us, as we can focus on making sure he becomes a league top 3C instead.

Trading him for defense should be entirely off the table unless the holes after this season are gaping. Give the overhauled defense and new system time to prove itself first. Kindly, shut up about it already, this season is set.

Ok guy. Are you the topic police? There's a Lehrer thread which needs a bit more work than my couple posts.

Telling someone to "shut up" on a topic they disagree with. :shakehead:laugh:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Ok guy. Are you the topic police? There's a Lehrer thread which needs a bit more work than my couple posts.

No we were clearly wrong. Eichel/ror/reinhart/girgensons/larsson among others wasn't enough center depth for us to broach the topic of addressing our bottom of the league defense....

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005

Prospect thread is the best place to discuss the merits of trading the prospect for your perceived notion of a great need for a defenseman.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Heard from a Rochester Americans player that he thinks Asplund is gonna be unreal, he said he's the hardest working player around.

Also told me that he thinks Nylander is a super skilled guy, but his lack of physical play might hold him back in the NHL.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Asplund is an ideal Winger for Mr. Eichel imo.

Agree. I think he'd be great at RW for Eichel. Eichel needs wingers who are willing to do some of the dirty work. Asplund fits that description.

Absolutely, Eichel just needs guys who will do the dirty work, are good offensively, and will let his talent shine

Agree.

Mittelstadt is a horrible fit with Eichel. Playing together will hold one of them back, big time.

Also agree, for the reason Aladyyn states below. Mittelstadt likes to have the puck. He's a bad fit with Eichel, because both players want the puck. Mittelstadt is basically perfect with Reinhart. Reinhart is great without the puck, is a willing passer, and has a great track record working with forwards who are fast and skilled.

There's only 1 puck. Look at how Eichel has done with Gaudreau internationally.

Agree.

Future lines, assuming everyone develops and no major trades:

Girgensons - Eichel - Asplund
Fasching - Reinhart - Mittelstadt
Nylander - O'Reilly - Okposo
Davidsson - Larsson - Baptiste

That's ridiculous depth.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Also these are ridiculous lines that will not happen in real life.

?? At first blush they seem entirely plausible from the following perspectives:

1. Player age and role in the year they eventually transpire.
2. Total potential cap co$t, and balance between high-dollar and ELC contracts.
3. Balance between "higher-end" and "worker bee" talent on each line.

It's one thing to dismiss future speculation (which generally is even more tenuous than arguing hypothetical revisionist histories of shoulda-coulda-woulda). It's quite another to dimiss a speculative future scenario with the only rebutal being the inference "if you're not smart enough to see it, I'm not gonna show it to you".

Who is the emperor sans vetements?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Precisely!

Feel free to remind me how wrong I was when we see Nylander - O'Reilly - Okposo on the third line for more than 3 games in a row.

Its completely realistic.

We all know Nylander, Baptiste, Mittelstadt, Asplund, Fasching, and Davidsson are locks for the NHL, and that Asplund and Girgs will be first liners, Fasching in the top 6.

Also that these players will conveniently be good enough to make the team and contribute on ELCs but not good enough to price themselves out of buffalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad