Boston Globe Rask or Khudobin: Who gets the nod for Bruins against Tampa Bay?

Rask or Khudobin: Who gets the nod for Bruins against Tampa Bay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
One goalie is 7-0-2 and the other is 3-8-2. I don't care who has had bad luck. I don't care who is regarded as the "number one." To be 7-0-2 on a team riddled with a ridiculous number of injuries is fairly incredible. I don't give two craps if a bubble will burst at some point. The bubble hasn't burst since last February for Khudobin. He should be the starter until he cools off. Why is this even a debate?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Buckley: The fight is real for Bruins’ No. 1 goaltending job

There is no goaltending controversy with the Bruins.
Tuukka Rask is No. 1.

Journeyman Anton Khudobin, he of the playing “really well,” is the backup.
The coach says so.

And that’s fine, except Cassidy, as he was closing down the Goaltending Controversy Hotline during his post-practice media session yesterday at Warrior Ice Arena, was unwilling to reveal who’ll be in the nets tonight when the Bruins host the en fuego Tampa Bay Lightning at the Garden.
“We’ll announce that tomorrow morning,” Cassidy told reporters. “It’s still under discussion.”

Hmmm.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
One goalie is 7-0-2 and the other is 3-8-2. I don't care who has had bad luck. I don't care who is regarded as the "number one." To be 7-0-2 on a team riddled with a ridiculous number of injuries is fairly incredible. I don't give two craps if a bubble will burst at some point. The bubble hasn't burst since last February for Khudobin. He should be the starter until he cools off. Why is this even a debate?

I think the Bruins are fanning the flames with all their sound bites and benching Dobby when he's hot on a streak. Now I'm reading tonights goalie is a game time decision, it's still under discussion? That really helps the starter prepare.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think the Bruins are fanning the flames with all their sound bites and benching Dobby when he's hot on a streak. Now I'm reading tonights goalie is a game time decision, it's still under discussion? That really helps the starter prepare.

these guys are paid to be ready and truthfully, I wouldn`t be one bit surprised if the starter for tonight`s game has already been told they are starting despite Butch saying they`ll announce it this morning

Reactions: BBB24

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Buckley: The fight is real for Bruins’ No. 1 goaltending job

There is no goaltending controversy with the Bruins.
Tuukka Rask is No. 1.

Journeyman Anton Khudobin, he of the playing “really well,” is the backup.
The coach says so.

And that’s fine, except Cassidy, as he was closing down the Goaltending Controversy Hotline during his post-practice media session yesterday at Warrior Ice Arena, was unwilling to reveal who’ll be in the nets tonight when the Bruins host the en fuego Tampa Bay Lightning at the Garden.
“We’ll announce that tomorrow morning,” Cassidy told reporters. “It’s still under discussion.”

Hmmm.

Buckley should stick to old time baseball.

Can’t stand it when reporters who don’t normally cover a team feel the need to chime in on a “controversial” topic.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016

^^^ This. You have to ride Khubobins hot streak out. You have to do what is best for the team at this moment in time. Right now, that means Khudobin starts. It's as simple as that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad