Boston Globe Rask or Khudobin: Who gets the nod for Bruins against Tampa Bay?

Rask or Khudobin: Who gets the nod for Bruins against Tampa Bay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
I hope Rask is re-doubling his efforts, and re-doubling his focus, getting himself ready to be either a 1a, 1b, or #2 goalie as his coach sees fit! I hope the experience lights a fire under his tuckus and the Bruins go the rest of the season with the best goalie duo in the league!

:thumbu:

Reactions: Strafer

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Who cares? Get two points is all that matters. I’m comfortable with either goalie at this point.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I don't think it matters.. either one is going to get blown out.. sadly.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

What is weird is that the team (this seemed true last season too) doesn't get rolled by the powerhouse teams- they seem to give good accounts of themselves, but when they play the mediocre or crap teams they fall apart. They might get smashed by TB and it wouldn't shock me, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they play a strong game, maybe even scratch out a win.

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
What is weird is that the team (this seemed true last season too) doesn't get rolled by the powerhouse teams- they seem to give good accounts of themselves, but when they play the mediocre or crap teams they fall apart. They might get smashed by TB and it wouldn't shock me, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they play a strong game, maybe even scratch out a win.

Agreed, Trying some reverse psychology.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
They let him cool off by sitting him since Friday afternoon. Hope he's sharp for the high powered lightning
He has played really well all season and the end of last playing periodically. He hasn't played more than 3 games in a row and has managed to stay at the top of his game doing that. I wouldn't want to just dump full time in net on him and burn him out. Assuming Doby continues his ridiculous streak and Rask continues getting median results I would shift more and more games onto Khudobin, as it is I would ensure Rask gets in there every 3rd or 4th game.

Of course if Rask starts playing lights out he will start seeing the lions share of the games again.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

This would be a good reason to start Dobby then. If he steals that game, great. If not, it was a scheduled loss and you go right back with the proven better G on Saturday against a much winnable opponent in Phily.

If you start Rask on Wednesday and he has a bad game, then Dobby would likely get the start on Saturday which means a greater chance to end with 2 losses.

CamTheMan

Apr 7, 2008
I doubt Rask's feelings are hurting into his pile of 7 million annually. Bruins need wins and Dobby is producing. Team first!

Reactions: Strafer

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
That was merely me speculating and using this board for what it is here for, discussion. That said no need to be a dick in your response. "Keyboard psychologist" really? I can tell you this, I was involved in policing at very intense levels for over 25 years, including tours of duty in combat zones. With that, I have been highly trained in non verbal behaviour and I've interrogated some hard characters so I would suggest I'm not just throwing **** against a wall.
Easy there Tazz de Torquemada. You're wound up a smidge too tightly over this.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
For whatever reason, it's obvious this team plays better with Dobby in net so far this season.

...so I say start Dobby!

upload_2017-11-28_15-31-27.png

Feb 25, 2016
No matter what the team or management say's about Rask the team plays better without him. He's trade bait and that's that.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The odds are overwhelming the Dobby bubble will pop sooner than later, but if they try to force Rask back in before that happens they could end up in a very bad situation.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I guess that picture was taken during Dobbys brief stint as a member of the 2012 Sox pitching staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad