OT: Raptors/NBA Return to Play

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So Raptors talking about boycotting games because NBA's message of black lives matter isn't enough.

I sure hope these guys that are frustrated are actually doing something about it and not just saying things for the sake of saying them.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
So Raptors talking about boycotting games because NBA's message of black lives matter isn't enough.

I sure hope these guys that are frustrated are actually doing something about it and not just saying things for the sake of saying them.

Bucks refusing to play right now and Orlando refusing to accept a forfeit. Rockets and Thunder have said they are boycotting and the Lakers too. Likely Raps and Celts will boycott their game too now.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bucks refusing to play right now and Orlando refusing to accept a forfeit. Rockets and Thunder have said they are boycotting and the Lakers too. Likely Raps and Celts will boycott their game too now.
Might as well shut the whole thing down for two days, but make these guys do something meaningful. Have them do interviews all day or something.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
The NBA does not care about racism. What they are concerned about is image and politicizing incidents for their own agenda. When a star player is called a "bitch-ass white boy" by a black player and the latter is not punished by the league of crucified by the media, it makes their whole protest look like one hypocritical, hivemind delusion.

Hypocrisy is not only evident in relation to the NBA, but it is clear across all platforms. After a 5-year-old was murdered while riding his bike by a neighbor of the family, the boy's mother had to make a statement claiming her son was not racist.

The unraveling of America is happening before our eyes if the mother of a murdered child has to confirm her son was not racially insensitive. Not only did the MSM play down the story, they omitted the race of both the victim and suspect.

Here we are today, shortly after man with a horrendous rap sheet was shot by police, race is once again an issue. If you want to choose someone to be a martyr for your agenda, make sure the guy is not a POS.

All of this violence occurring weeks before an election. Must be a coincidence.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
One has to wonder if the NHL will follow the NBA once again and cancel games ?

I highly doubt it , but you never know .

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
The NBA does not care about racism. What they are concerned about is image and politicizing incidents for their own agenda. When a star player is called a "bitch-ass white boy" by a black player and the latter is not punished by the league of crucified by the media, it makes their whole protest look like one hypocritical, hivemind delusion.

Hypocrisy is not only evident in relation to the NBA, but it is clear across all platforms. After a 5-year-old was murdered while riding his bike by a neighbor of the family, the boy's mother had to make a statement claiming her son was not racist.

The unraveling of America is happening before our eyes if the mother of a murdered child has to confirm her son was not racially insensitive. Not only did the MSM play down the story, they omitted the race of both the victim and suspect.

Here we are today, shortly after man with a horrendous rap sheet was shot by police, race is once again an issue. If you want to choose someone to be a martyr for your agenda, make sure the guy is not a POS.

while I don't disagree with a lot of what you said...all you have to do is look at the most divisive leader in the history of the U.S to figure out where it started unraveling

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So these guys are taking a stand by not playing. What are they actually accomplishing? Them just not playing doesn't exactly send that big of a message.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
while I don't disagree with a lot of what you said...all you have to do is look at the most divisive leader in the history of the U.S to figure out where it started unraveling
Race has been an issue long before he arrived. This is how that nation has been controlled for decades.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So these guys are taking a stand by not playing. What are they actually accomplishing? Them just not playing doesn't exactly send that big of a message.

Everyone’s talking about it. That’s already one goal accomplished.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Yeah, to me the biggest question is what are they expecting to happen by walking out on these games. I can understand it giving a lot more conversation to the issue, but what concrete action are they expecting from someone to play games tomorrow?

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

These issues have been bubbling over for decades and while the media definitely sensationalizes the current situation, there’s been a powered keg building for decades and the current administration has only made the situation much worse.

While systemic racism does exist this is more a matter of poorly recruited and trained police forces. White, black, purple, rich, poor, criminal, priest, what unfolded shouldn’t happen, and especially how often it’s been happening.

Setting aside the mans race and past criminal history (which they likely had no clue of in that moment) you’re telling me 3 police officers can’t detain one man without shooting him in the back 7 times? Shitty cops if that’s the case. They knew what they were doing when they let him get up off the ground, walk around the vehicle and open that door. Now I can’t say what was going through their heads but at the very least it’s gross negligence by shit cops doing a shit job.

Like I said, I’m pro gun and pro law enforcement but when I watch that video it pisses me off beyond belief. Their actions are making life harder for a lot of good police officers doing good work.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
These issues have been bubbling over for decades and while the media definitely sensationalizes the current situation, there’s been a powered keg building for decades and the current administration has only made the situation much worse.

While systemic racism does exist this is more a matter of poorly recruited and trained police forces. White, black, purple, rich, poor, criminal, priest, what unfolded shouldn’t happen, and especially how often it’s been happening.

Setting aside the mans race and past criminal history (which they likely had no clue of in that moment) you’re telling me 3 police officers can’t detain one man without shooting him in the back 7 times? Shitty cops if that’s the case. They knew what they were doing when they let him get up off the ground, walk around the vehicle and open that door. Now I can’t say what was going through their heads but at the very least it’s gross negligence by shit cops doing a shit job.

Like I said, I’m pro gun and pro law enforcement but when I watch that video it pisses me off beyond belief. Their actions are making life harder for a lot of good police officers doing good work.

To blame one side for this is not only ignorant, but you are also playing right into the hands of those orchestrating moves behind the scene. The prison industrial complex is a significant reason for systemic racism. Yet, their stranglehold over D.C. never weakens-- regardless of who's the president.

Of course no one should be murdered/injured by the police; however, the amount of attention each case receives should not be determined by race, and that is exactly what is happening.

I am not absolving the police for their actions, so I can't speak to that.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not everything is about Trump, lol. I think African Americans have simply reached a point where they've had enough. The George Floyd incident was so blatant, a man basically killed in broad daylight on camera, and nothing was initially done that it set off bottled up frustration that's been building for many years.

Also everyone have a cell phone camera these days means a lot more of these situations get brought to light.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Not everything is about Trump, lol. I think African Americans have simply reached a point where they've had enough. The George Floyd incident was so blatant and nothing was initially done that it set off bottled up frustration that's been building for many years.
It's a combination of that, going stir crazy at home, and yes, some of it has to do with the President. It's a perfect firestorm.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's a combination of that, going stir crazy at home, and yes, some of it has to do with the President. It's a perfect firestorm.

While other people may have forgotten about cases like Trayvon Martin (killed while out buying candy), Tamir Rice (12 year old killed for having a toy gun), Eric Garner (killed for allegedly selling homemade cigarettes) and may other cases, these cases are not forgotten by the African American community, people are pissed off.

What happened to George Floyd was basically the last straw for a lot of people I think.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
While other people may have forgotten about cases like Trayvon Martin (killed while out buying candy), Tamir Rice (12 year old killed for having a toy gun), Eric Garner (killed for allegedly selling homemade cigarettes) these cases are not forgotten by the African American community, people are pissed off.

What happened to George Floyd was basically the last straw for a lot of people I think.
I don't think you're wrong but it's still a combination of things.

There's way too much extremism in these kinds of things too. Either you're with us or against us.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think you're wrong but it's still a combination of things.

There's way too much extremism in these kinds of things too. Either you're with us or against us.

There needs to be major police reform I think. If you or I can't accidentally kill someone on our job without accountability, that needs to be the standard for police.

You can't just kneel on someone's neck for 8 straight minutes, have them die, and the only recourse for people to have some justice is to burn down the city because otherwise you'd get off with a slap on the wrist.

Reactions: bone

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3