Ranking Jet's past first rounders

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Tough to rank guys like Connor, Morrissey and Roslovic because they aren't even in the NHL.

Last edited:

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Connor
Ehlers
Scheifele
Trouba
Morrissey
Roslovic

You never know about the last two though. They could trade places in a years time, but Jmo has been looking quite good recently.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Connor
Morrisey
Roslovic
Ehlers
Scheifele
Trouba

I took a different approach in my ranking. Trouba is at the bottom because Forsberg was available, so it's debatable whether they made the right choice. Scheif could have been Couturier, which would have also worked out. Ehlers could have been Larkin. It's far too early to tell if Roslovic was indeed the best available. Morrisey looks like a fantastic pick, given the assortment left over at that point. Connor was obviously a no-brainer.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Lanky:

Watching Couturier, I'm glad we got Fefe. He has potential to be a 70+ point producer when with decent line mates. Point totals this team show that, and Scheifele has been on a bad team for the most part. While you can go to the top of the list and say Pulock should of been taken over Morrissey. He has been great with the Isles so far.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I can't really rank guys that haven't proven anything at the NHL level, so I end up going:

Ehlers
Scheifele
Trouba
Connor
Morrissey
Roslovic

But I do think it is more likely than not that Connor ends up at 1-2 on this list

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Using pre-draft information only (combo of what I thought of them at the time and numbers):
Ehlers
Connor
Trouba
Scheifele
Roslovic
Morrissey

What I'd say now:
Ehlers
Scheifele
Trouba
Connor
Morrissey
Roslovic

Connor falls only because Scheifele has been growing far beyond expectations. Trouba I think is being underrated as he hasn't been scoring.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I still hesitate to put acheif above trouba. I'll know for sure next year but it's easy waaay closer then I thought it would be.

Scheifele looks like he's going to hit what I thought his ceiling would be (a 1b)

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I still hesitate to put acheif above trouba. I'll know for sure next year but it's easy waaay closer then I thought it would be.

Scheifele looks like he's going to hit what I thought his ceiling would be (a 1b)

and hopefully smash through it

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Scheifele has the real potential of becoming one of the best overall players in the league, ala Kopitar.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
If he was gonna be like Kopitar he would have shown ALOT more by now. Not saying he wont be good, but hell never get close to a current kopitar level.

Scheifele seems to be a bit of a slower developer. Not saying it'll happen for sure, but I believe you are incorrect in saying it won't happen.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Scheifele seems to be a bit of a slower developer. Not saying it'll happen for sure, but I believe you are incorrect in saying it won't happen.

Scheifele is not gonna be a top 5 center in the nhl, best twoway forward in nhl. I really really like scheifele but that is just completely unrealistic.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Scheifele is not gonna be a top 5 center in the nhl, best twoway forward in nhl. I really really like scheifele but that is just completely unrealistic.

I agree with this, but I think his ceiling is higher than I had expected. His last month or two have been fantastic. He was one of the best players on the ice today, again.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It just shows our great drafting skill in that Trouba, as good as he is, is only ranked roughly 4th out of 6 :amazed:
I would pretty much agree, Ehlers Connor Scheif/Trouba Morrissey Roslovic

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Ehlers (still think he will be our most elite draft pick, which is saying something cause they're all fantastic players)
Trouba
Scheif (this year is why I have him above Connor...if he keeps developing who knows how high the kid can go)
Connor (bump him up if he tears it up in the NHL)
Morrissey
Roslovic (dark horse?)

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
If he was gonna be like Kopitar he would have shown ALOT more by now. Not saying he wont be good, but hell never get close to a current kopitar level.

Closest 5v5 statistical cohorts to Scheifele's 2014-2016 seasons:
Untitled.png

Not saying he is Kopitar, or will be as good as Kopitar, but...

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Closest 5v5 statistical cohorts to Scheifele's 2014-2016 seasons:
Untitled.png

Not saying he is Kopitar, or will be as good as Kopitar, but...

:amazed: Those are some pretty good cohorts

Maybe we'll end up with another Little :laugh:

Also, just pointing out that Scheifele is more similar to Kopitar than he is to himself ;) :sarcasm:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
:amazed: Those are some pretty good cohorts

Maybe we'll end up with another Little :laugh:

Also, just pointing out that Scheifele is more similar to Kopitar than he is to himself ;) :sarcasm:

Ironically, the closest cohort to Scheifele's career (2011-16) performance is Little's career performance.

This doesn't account for trajectory or projection, but just overall career point production, Corsi, etc. for 5v5 situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad