2.57143/5,
  1. Maukkis EZ4ENCE

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. nothingbeatshockey Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Quite the exhaustive post .... well done. Enjoyed reading it.

3. ConnorMcMullet #12 Colby Cave

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Maukkis likes this.
  4. Lshap Hardline Moderate

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    @Maukkis - HF Brownie Points for a well-reasoned and well-researched article.

5. Plural Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Cool story bro.

Seriously though, nice read. I can't comment too much since I don't have the in-depth knowledge you do.

6. Trizz617 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Administrative
    Home Page:
    Fantastic! Precise and detailed. I enjoyed the read.

7. Cor I am a bot

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    AEF
    Great Read.

As a Leafs Fan, I give Dubas an A- at minimum simply because we didn’t trade a 2nd rounder for a rental 4th line Center. Instead he traded a depth player for depth player

Muzzin has looked great. Fits in well. Babcock needs to play him more minutes down the stretch

Paris in Flames likes this.
  8. Paris in Flames Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Tremendous read overall. Very well thought out and presented.

I'm fairly happy with what Dubas and the Leafs did. Muzzin for essentially nothing off the roster is a terrific move considering he still has a year left and once Marleau etc are off the books we will hopefully be able to re-sign Muzzin.

And sometimes the best move you make is the one you don't make and Dubas didn't panic and sell the farm for a bandaid.

9. LightningStrikes Elite Fan

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    TL;DR?

No seriously, great writeup!

10. GoldenBearHockey Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Good writeup, but in all seriousness, I lost interest when you described Hagelin as a life long King player, despite being traded for in November....

11. Maukkis EZ4ENCE

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Sarcasm much?

Johannes de Silentio and gtrower like this.
  12. Machinehead Increased and Improved

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Professor
    [​IMG]

MasterMatt25, Sandisfan and COHawk like this.
  13. gtrower Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    The state of that franchise if columbus doesn’t make the playoffs after these moves will be a spectacle to behold.

Agree with the Tampa assessment. You’ve got a good thing going, don’t risk chemistry with a panicky rental.

14. GoldenBearHockey Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Dude, it's way too early in the morning to detect sarcasm....at least put it in italics, or something to indicate you aren't like 90% of fans and have no idea what they spout, but go home team go?

Too much to ask?

MasterMatt25 and Maukkis like this.
  15. RedWingzz Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    The return on Nyquist was a bit low due to the NTC Holland gave him. The inability to move Vanek was due to the, you guessed it, NTC Holland gave him.

Yes, Holland put himself in this mess to begin with, but giving the Wings a C- is way too harsh. I'm pumped about the Jensen return, at the start of the year he was a spare part, so to get a 2nd and a potential defenceman for him was great return.

16. saska sault Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I'd give Detroit a B but that's my homer opinion. A spare part, healthy scratch last year defensemen who doesn't put up much for points and a 40 point on average winger and you returned two 2nds (potentially 3) and a 23 year project dman. I think that's a very good return.

Howard stays since there was nothing of value worth moving him for. Need to keep the team competitive in games or it just kills any chance of development for the young guys. Losing 5-3 is alot better than 6-1 when the minutes are meaningless.

Mister Bungle likes this.
  17. WannabeFinn Duuuuuub?

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Home Page:
    Amazing how little the average poster cares to know about Columbus before trying to throw dirt on the team.

Sstroh84 likes this.
  18. gtrower Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    By all means, educate me on the solid surface the BJs are skating on right now.

19. nbwingsfan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I stopped reading when you said Columbus didn’t really improve their chances at a Cup.

They added a PPG #1C, a top 6 F, a #6D and a backup goalie while removing nothing from their lineup.

They really don’t have a single weakness in their roster anymore. They have as good of a chance as anyone else to win except Tampa.

20. WannabeFinn Duuuuuub?

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Home Page:
    Pierre-Luc Dubois
    Cam Atkinson
    Seth Jones
    Zach Werenski
    Ryan Murray
    Markus Nutivaara
    Josh Anderson
    Boone Jenner

That’s the tip of the iceberg.

MasterMatt25 and Pay Carl like this.
  21. Sypher04 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Columbus is an interesting situation. I'm not 100% convinced they even make the playoffs, though I think they will. I don't think I'd move them into the upper echelon of cup contenders, but they have improved an already competitive team, no doubt.

22. wahsnairb Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I'll respond to the two teams I follow:

Chicago - awesome take.. I agree completely they did what was right if they couldn't move AA for what they thought was decent and they could sneak in if the West keeps struggling

Columbus - BRUTAL take.. didn't improve their cup chances? traded away 2 of their best prospects?
    "that is about as unnecessary a risk as it gets. If Panarin and Bobrovsky are going to walk, the Jackets would be worse off in every way" - you kill your argument in the same sentence you make it. The Jackets would definitely be way worse upon losing Panarin and/or Bobrovsky.

They traded away good (none of their best 5 or so) prospects and coin flip draft picks for a legitimate run at the cup before that may not have been an option (upon losing FA's). IF Duchene and Dzingel walk (I don't know that they will..especially Dzingel who played for OSU), the Jackets are going to be in the same exact situation next year that they would have been. No Panarin, No Bob, No Duchene, No Dzingel, but a solid young core who IS NOT capable of winning a cup.

Awesome deadline for Columbus. I'm pumped for their fans and pumped to live here and watch this team.

23. Spilot23 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Great post @Maukkis ! Enjoyed reading that. That being said Brassard scored his first as an Avs yesterday can we up the grade to B+ :sarcasm: I'm kidding I'm actually happy that my team didn't do that much in the TDL after seeing what Nashville (boy they basically got a 2nd line while not giving much) and Winnipeg (would've liked Hayes though) did. This isn't the year that Avs will compete in the playoffs against those two powerhouse team add on top of that Vegas who snagged Stone.

24. Maukkis EZ4ENCE

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    They are risking their ability to contend with the young core mentioned by WannabeFinn to take their shot now.

Obviously, everything hangs on the balance of what the Russians do. I doubt they are interested in staying, so in that sense, they are going to be in some kind of in-between state next year. They could have recouped some assets now for them, at least for Panarin.

Instead, Kekäläinen doubled down and sacrificed a bunch of futures (from what I've heard, Abramov and Davidsson were ranked their 3rd and 6th best prospects respectively) for this one last attempt. But they did that with a team that wasn't particularly good to begin with.

Also, there is the issue of singular players not having much impact on a team's chances of winning. You added two of them, but given that the team wasn't strong before, they aren't some top candidate even with Duchene and Dzingel. And even if they were, they are far more likely to not win than to hoist the Cup. It's the nature of hockey and small sample sizes.

The risk is insane. The expected return is bad. You have to hope you luck out now, because the next chance might be years away.

25. Tweed Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Even if he puts in the actual universally-accepted /s mark to indicate that he's being sarcastic... people still aren't going to read it as sarcasm. So either they will get the sarcasm, or they won't. Trust me.