Rank These Goalies

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I don't think you can put into the same group guys like Mentoya and Price, they are what? 3 years appart? Goalies are not a factor before Mentoya's age.

Price would have been the 2nd selection last year at the world junior but he got a bit of attitude(That didnt fitted with Mr. Sutter uber-strict rules, I'm so glad hes gone.), something that will be good for him in Montreal, where you need more of that than talent to break the lineup.

Rask seems ok, wasnt very impressed of what I saw but he's still young. Before saying x got a good or bad season you gotta look at the team first. lol@khabibulin in Chicago.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Price looks awesome in warmups and over long periods of the game. Seems to have size, quickness and real athleticism. But somehow he is always letting the puck in. Saw him in the WJT practise games and in the regular season and he just doesn't stop the puck enough. Just seems to sag at times and let's in a couple of quick goals. Montreal made a horrible move taking him over Brule. Price is no lock for WJ team unless he can get some consistency. I wouldn't trust him.

Schwartz played in Vancouver the year after he was drafted and I saw him on many occasions. Showed little form and flopped around his crease all year. Guy had a way of turning easy shots into spectacular stops. He let in some goals that were just ridiculous. Seemed like every stop was an adventure. Look far too excitable and tries to do way too much.

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
jepjepjoo said:
Rask
Pavelec
Price
Montoya
Schneider
Schwarz
Pogge
Harding
Howard

Man why is Harding so underrated here? I know this is the list with his lowest position but there are enough lists where he´s not in the top 3-4.
Typical for this board that one not so great AHL playoff performance of 8 games lets a guy drop like that...

Bryzga lol*

Price - Displays amazing athletism, great positioning and butterfly. I could easily see this kid in the NHL as starter.

Pavelec - Not very familiar with him enough to comment

Montoya - NY's future number 1 goalie with the ways things are going. Seems to be doing well in the AHL

Rask - Possible number 1 goalie in the NHL but has proven to be inconsistant. Toronto should trade him before his stock gets lower because Pogge seems to be the go-to guy for the future.

Schneider - I've only seen him in the WJC and he didn't impress me like Montoya did before him. I could still see him in the NHL, but with limited success.

Pogge - Could be a dominating goalie if this year wasn't just a fluke for him. Rated as the top player in the CHL (followed by Marc Staal and Luc Bourdon), he could really turn things around for the Leafs.

Howard - Not familiar with him enough to comment. ''Jimmy Howard could break records and challenge Patrick Roy for the world's best goalie of all-time.'' That sorta made me laugh when I found that on Wikipedia.

Harding - The Wild's future number 1 goalie. I already like him better than Fernandez. Great positioning and he proved that he could handle the NHL at the end of the year.

Schwarz - St Louis' only goaltending prospect that interests me (I don't have high hopes for Sandford and Baschiua(sp?)). His play in the WJC went from decent to great, but from what I hear he's not doing so great in the Czech League, but it's not the easiest league to play in when you're at the junior level. Hope to see him around once the Blues are ready to compete again in a few years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Riel said:
Montoya - NY's future number 1 goalie with the ways things are going. Seems to be doing well in the AHL

It's going to be an interesting situation if Montoya shows he can be a #1 in the NHL. Assuming Lundqvist proves he can continue putting up seasons like he did last year, then Montoya will likely be trade bait and might be able to nab the Rangers something good.

He can still be inconsistant and needs some time to work on that, but when he's on he's amazing. He did well in the AHL last year but had to fight through some injuries (random broken finger from practice, got sick and lost a bunch of weight and was out of the lineup for awhile, etc). hopefully next year he stays healthier and plays more consistant.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Riel said:
Price - Displays amazing athletism, great positioning and butterfly. I could easily see this kid in the NHL as starter.

Pavelec - Not very familiar with him enough to comment

Rask - Possible number 1 goalie in the NHL but has proven to be inconsistant. Toronto should trade him before his stock gets lower because Pogge seems to be the go-to guy for the future.

Schneider - I've only seen him in the WJC and he didn't impress me like Montoya did before him. I could still see him in the NHL, but with limited success.

Pogge - Could be a dominating goalie if this year wasn't just a fluke for him. Rated as the top player in the CHL (followed by Marc Staal and Luc Bourdon), he could really turn things around for the Leafs.

Howard - Not familiar with him enough to comment. ''Jimmy Howard could break records and challenge Patrick Roy for the world's best goalie of all-time.'' That sorta made me laugh when I found that on Wikipedia.

Harding - The Wild's future number 1 goalie. I already like him better than Fernandez. Great positioning and he proved that he could handle the NHL at the end of the year.

Schwarz - St Louis' only goaltending prospect that interests me (I don't have high hopes for Sandford and Baschiua(sp?)). His play in the WJC went from decent to great, but from what I hear he's not doing so great in the Czech League, but it's not the easiest league to play in when you're at the junior level. Hope to see him around once the Blues are ready to compete again in a few years.

I think that job is Lundqvist's :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad