Rank These Goalies

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Pavelec: has been outstanding this year in the Q. Great refelxes and positioning to be a #1 goalie.

Rask: anyone who saw the World Juniors knows what this kid has to offer. He needs to bulk up, but he is the real deal.

Montoya: has an unbelievable amount of potential, but hasn't shown it too much.

Schneider: has dominated in every league he has ever played in, and shows great #1 potential.

Pogge: Tremendous in the WHL and World Juniors, but doesn't have all that many tools to work with.

Price: Very inconsistent, but very good nonetheless, he will show his stuff at the World Juniors next year.

Harding: Like Schneider, has been great at all levels, and needs to prove himself at the next level.

Schwarz: Has just been average his past two seasons, with a bad World Junior outing. Has yet to prove himself.

Howard: Had a very poor final half of the season in the AHL, and needs to show more consistency in his game.

Last edited:

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
So what's going to happen with this goaltending situation in Atlanta? They already have Lehtonen but Pavelec sounds like he's going to be a good one too.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Buffalo87 said:
So what's going to happen with this goaltending situation in Atlanta? They already have Lehtonen but Pavelec sounds like he's going to be a good one too.

From what I understand, Lehtonen is Atlanta's franchise goaltender. So I'm not sure where Pavelec fits in. Only time will tell.

I do believe Lehtonen will be a better goaltender than Pavelec though.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Tuukka Rask
Josh Harding
Alvaro Montoya
Ondrej Pavalech
Justin Pogge
Carey Price
Corey Schneider
Jimmy Howard
Marek Schwarz

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
MaDdY said:
Tuukka Rask
Josh Harding
Alvaro Montoya
Ondrej Pavalech
Justin Pogge
Carey Price
Corey Schneider
Jimmy Howard
Marek Schwarz

Really not a fan of Schwarz eh? I would put him ahead of Montoya,Pogge,Schneider, and Howard.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
habsfan15 said:
Really not a fan of Schwarz eh? I would put him ahead of Montoya,Pogge,Schneider, and Howard.

Schneider>Schwarz

I have Howard and Schneider in my top 5.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
habsfan15 said:
Well you are a Canucks fan lol so that doesn't surprise me.

So what if I'm a nucks fan? I guess me ranking Howard ahead of Schwarz is also me being a nucks fan too?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Russian_fanatic said:
So what if I'm a nucks fan? I guess me ranking Howard ahead of Schwarz is also me being a nucks fan too?

lol.

I'm just saying that it doesn't surprise me that you have Schneider ahead of Schwarz cuz you're a Nucks fan.

Most people would probably choose Schwarz over Schneider.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
habsfan15 said:
lol.

I'm just saying that it doesn't surprise me that you have Schneider ahead of Schwarz cuz you're a Nucks fan.

Most people would probably choose Schwarz over Schneider.

Why because he had one of his worst season yet, and his stock has fallen CONSIDERABLY, while Schneider had one of the best years for a college goalie, and took his team all the way to the finals, and lost in the final game? Schneider was a rock at every leve he played at, and he was even a rock at the world juniors.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Russian_fanatic said:
Why because he had one of his worst season yet, and his stock has fallen CONSIDERABLY, while Schneider had one of the best years for a college goalie, and took his team all the way to the finals, and lost in the final game? Schneider was a rock at every leve he played at, and he was even a rock at the world juniors.

I'm aware of that. It's just that HFboards has to be the most biased place ever.

Leafs fans will surely have Rask very high on their list, Habs fans will surely have Price hight on their list.

Didn't mean to offend you, I was just saying that it didn't surprise me when you said Schneider > Schwarz. That is very argueable.

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
habsfan15 said:

The reason Schwarz is so low on everyones lists is becuase he has shown next to nothing since being drafted. He went to play in The Czech league last season, and ended up being backup most of the season. He wasn't the straightforward Nr. 1 At the 2006 WJC.

Now is his chance to show us something, as I believe he will start in the AHL Next season. If he can show us why he was drafted mid-1st round in 2004, his stock will rise again, but as of now he has shown nothing and guys like Schneider, Howard etc. Have.

I still Believe in Schwarz however, but I can't raise him on my list until I have seen more of him.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
44_bertuzzi_44 said:
The reason Schwarz is so low on everyones lists is becuase he has shown next to nothing since being drafted. He went to play in The Czech league last season, and ended up being backup most of the season. He wasn't the straightforward Nr. 1 At the 2006 WJC.

Now is his chance to show us something, as I believe he will start in the AHL Next season. If he can show us why he was drafted mid-1st round in 2004, his stock will rise again, but as of now he has shown nothing and guys like Schneider, Howard etc. Have.

I still Believe in Schwarz however, but I can't raise him on my list until I have seen more of him.

He had a bad year. He's still got good potential though...

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Why is Price so low on everyone's list? Heck, he didnt even made it on clay's list ;)

Just asking, didnt he had a pretty good year after a rough start?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad