Rank the Wild Jerseys

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Our whites are old and dated. Need a classic look for the home white (or should I say off white, where they should be?).

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
1 - Green
2 - White
3 - Red

I hope the road jersey change to something similar to the aeros, it's just awesome.

628x471.jpg

Noel92

Feb 7, 2012
1 - Green - Perfect shade of green, cream is a good addition and the logo makes this slick.

2 - Red - A bit tacky, and red is ugly and the circle is unnecessary. I would prefer matching pants + jersey, IMO that helps the green out.

3 - White - The green outlining is weird to look at for me, and the font is ugly to look at.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Like most have said, the greens are the best.

Then you have the Reds and Whites which have lost their luster and need to be changed or retired (especially the whites).

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
I'm not a fan of any of the Wild's current jerseys, but if I had to rank them, I'm going against everyone else and ranking it White, Green, and Red. I hate the red jerseys, and I don't really like the font of the green jerseys.

Realistically...buy whichever jersey you like the most. Who cares what the popular opinion is? You're wearing it, not anyone else.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Funny thing is: when those reds were unveiled back in 03-04 they were hot sellers and everyone loved them.

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
Funny thing is: when those reds were unveiled back in 03-04 they were hot sellers and everyone loved them.

I can't stand having a freaking Christmas jersey, but if other people like them, I have no problem with that.

I was always a fan of the original greens, before the Reebok jersey changeover. Since then, none of the jerseys do anything for me.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I like the road whites, but they are getting a bit dated. That said, I loved the old road greens as well.

The alt green is still the best they have. The red is not THAT bad, but it's not very good either.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Current greens
Current whites
Old reds
Current reds
Old whites
Old greens

If they ditched the shoulder pinstripes on the green and red jerseys that would be much better. They just need to ditch the reds except maybe 2-3 games per year. And change the fonts on the whites and you are good to go.

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
The wild third is easily my favorite NHL sweater. Love it. I guess the consensus is pretty obvious though, 1. Green, 2. Red, 3. White.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I like our road whites a lot more than the Aeros whites. The arm/shoulder striping is fantastic. They do need to update the fonts though.

I don't like the read and gold piping on the road sweaters...Maybe I'm just old school, but the fewer colors the better, IMO. I also don't like the bright while color, would like to see the off white with green stripes.

Any additional color (red/gold) should be kept to the logo and not the pipes/stripes of the sweater.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Current greens
Current whites
Old reds
Current reds
Old whites
Old greens

If they ditched the shoulder pinstripes on the green and red jerseys that would be much better. They just need to ditch the reds except maybe 2-3 games per year. And change the fonts on the whites and you are good to go.

Yeah I've actually been thinking for a few days now: wouldn't it be fun if they only wore the reds on Christmas (or nearest game...Boxing Day maybe?) and Valentines' Day? It could be like how New Jersey only wears their red/greens on Christmas and St. Patrick's Day.

I like our road whites a lot more than the Aeros whites. The arm/shoulder striping is fantastic. They do need to update the fonts though.

I think the whites would look a lot classier and less gimmick/expansion-team-ey if they got rid of those hideous jagged numbers. But I did really like some of the white or even cream proposals that are similar but simplify the striping a bit and update it to be more in line with their current brand.

Willie Plett

Cold Lampin'
Oct 18, 2008
red sweaters need to be changed to black with the away white logo. can't stand that f'in circle. Aeros whites would be dope. i like the alt-greens too,the lettering is horrible though.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Excellent conversation. Thanks for all the great answers!

Keep up the thoughts, loving this thread. :)

frozenriverrat77

Do Vu's New Voodoo
May 20, 2011
Chicago
Is that official, or are you just being hopeful?

FWIW, I agree with the majority opinion:

1) Green
2) Red
3) White

EDIT: If they went with a new road white sweater, I'm all for them using the mock-up depicted in SPMaximus' avatar...that is kick @ss.

I second the spmaximus avatar...really dislike the current whites....the green all down the arm looks terrible..and take out the weird "crazy" font...can u have cream rather than white for permanent aways? Make them clean and simple

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad