Rank the recent "steal" trades by NJ

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
June 2013: Acquired Schneider for #9 pick (Horvat)

June 2015: Dropped Jagr for #41 pick; #76 pick, then the next day acquired Palmieri for #41 pick (Gropp); #76 pick (Pitlick)

June 2016: Acquired Hall for Larsson

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I thought the Schneider trade was unreal.

Today's deal is some Imaginationland ****.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
June 2013: Acquired Schneider for #9 pick (Horvat)

June 2015: Dropped Jagr for #41 pick; #76 pick, then the next day acquired Palmieri for #41 pick (Gropp); #76 pick (Pitlick)

June 2016: Acquired Hall for Larsson

It's tough between the Schneider trade and the one we made today. Probably today's deal though, I can't stay it's not the best.

I'm still laughing at how after 2 years, someone said we could have had a great forward instead of Schneider and listed Curtis Lazar as one of those names. As if Curtis Lazar is anything good or has done anything more noteworthy than eating a hamburger thrown from the stands and onto the ice.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The Palmieri trade was petty larceny compared to Hall

I still the the Schneider trade was :O more so than Hall.

It took me hours to digest that.

BadFella

Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
The Palmieri trade was petty larceny compared to Hall

I still the the Schneider trade was :O more so than Hall.

It took me hours to digest that.

While Hall > Palmieri, Lars has a lot more potential than a 75 year old Jagr though. We basically traded Jagr for Palms.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It is Cory for me. Horvat looks like he is going to be a good one, but Cory is a top-5 goalie in the league.

I think Hall and Lars are closer in worth than Cory and Horvat(or whoever was on our board at 9) are.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Definitely the Cory trade. I think it's too early to say on the Hall/Larson trade. Hall is a hell of a player, but he has yet to play a game for us.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hall/Lars isn't a steal. It is a hockey trade that we got more value out of, but not light years more.

The Cory/#9 trade legit doesn't even make sense. I still don't know what Van was thinking.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It is Cory for me. Horvat looks like he is going to be a good one, but Cory is a top-5 goalie in the league.

I think Hall and Lars are closer in worth than Cory and Horvat(or whoever was on our board at 9) are.

I did say today's trade was the best, but I was pretty conflicted between today's and the Cory trade.

Either way, I think the Cory trade wasn't too far off. Especially with even less proven goalies/ones that aren't as good having also been traded for first round picks recently. Now it seems like everyone is trading a first round pick if you want a goalie that's under 30 years old.

BadFella

Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Hall/Lars isn't a steal. It is a hockey trade that we got more value out of, but not light years more.

The Cory/#9 trade legit doesn't even make sense. I still don't know what Van was thinking.

It was something like....

WE HAVE TWO OF THE BEST GOALIES IN THE WORLD, AND THEY BOTH DESERVE TO START. WE OBVIOUSLY NEED TO GET RID OF ONE. Let's trade our young backup for a lottery pick so our superstar goalie can be happy.

Now, what they were thinking when they decided to get rid of Luongo, I can't say.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Either Schneider or Palmieri would be my pick for the bigger steal. Hard to say if the 2nd round pick for the 30 goal scorer or the 1st round pick for the Vezina-caliber starting goaltender is a bigger steal.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Shero almost always comes out on top with trades

Dupuis and Hossa for Christensen, Armstrong, Esposito and 1st

Niskanen and Neal for Goligoski

Iginla for Hanowski, Agostini, 1st

His worst trade by far was Douglas Murray for 2 2nds. The rest have been stellar.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
The schneider trade for a draft pick was imo the biggest steal. That was the last of Lou's great deals for us. Correct me if I'm wrong but he made the Vancouver gm stay silent as the trade was made the day before, but lou wanted to announce it at the draft at the rock.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'll admit that I wasn't a fan of the Schneider trade at the time. I was worried that Schneider might leave after his deal expired, plus Marty was still around for at least another season. Unfortunately that first year was a bit wasted with Marty getting more starts than he should have.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
The team went through the curse of losing Kovalchuk and Parise for nothing.

Yet, somehow have added Schneider, Palmieri, and Taylor Hall. I mean, that's incredible considering the fact that there was only a 3.6% chance of even getting Larsson in the first place which later lands us the first overall from 2010.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Iginla for Hanowski, Agostini, 1st

Iginla did limit Calgary's options on that one. Calgary thought they had a deal with Boston, but Iginla blocked it and Calgary basically had to deal him to Pittsburgh. And then Iginla signed with Boston a few months later.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'll admit that I wasn't a fan of the Schneider trade at the time. I was worried that Schneider might leave after his deal expired, plus Marty was still around for at least another season. Unfortunately that first year was a bit wasted with Marty getting more starts than he should have.
That was my first thought. I didn't like the Schneider trade for the first 60 seconds, despite wanting him for years before this. Only because I knew Marty would wind up starting more games than he should have. I also had it in the back of my mind immediately that if he decided to play after that season, it would be in another jersey. Even though later on in that year I didn't want him back at all the next season. But I was a little sad thinking about it, before seeing how stupid the whole situation wound up turning into that season.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
This Hall trade wasn't a steal. If he stays relatively healthy and Larsson struggles to break 30 points over there, then it would be a steal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad