2.Rangers
3.Islanders
4.Flyers *WC2
5. Columbus
6. Carolina
7. Washington
8.New Jersey

The Fuhr*

So much of their success banks on Carey Price staying healthy. It's hard to put faith in a team that relies so heavily on the success of a single player.

I don't think their roster is good enough to make the playoff this year even if Carey Price plays above average. He'll need to be elite for them to make it.

What makes the Sens roster better then the Habs?

Just curious... I can see an argent for being as good but you'd be lying to yourself if you think Ottawa is a head of the Habs in talent

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
1. Boston
2. Tampa Bay
3. Montreal
4. Detroit (Wild Card 1)
5. Ottawa (Wild Card 2)
6. Toronto
7. Florida
8. Buffalo

1. Penguins
2. Rangers
3. Flyers
4. Blue Jackets
5. Islanders
6. Washington
7. Carolina
8. New Jersey

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, the Lightning are a tough pick for me and that one has the biggest chance for an oops. I'm just not seeing the hype here, yes Bishop had an unworldly season last year but I'm not convinced he can do it again. Being swept by the Habs without him cemented my view.

Well they are a young team with several stars coming up who are only going to get better and they addressed the biggest team need which was stability on the back end with Garrison and Stralman.

Stamkos, Drouin, Johnson, Palat and Kucherov is a deadly group of youngsters. They are going to be really good for a while. Complimenting that core with veterans like Filppula, Callahan, Morrow and Boyle makes for a formidable group.

I think we have just seen the start of how good Hedman is going to be, big players take longer and he was absolutely dominant last year.

Bishop is good but the goaltender prospect (Vasilevski) they have coming is generally considered the best or second best in the world after Gibson.

The coach has a proven track record with most of the players that won the Calder cup two years ago. With a fully healthy Stamkos/Bishop and a star talent like Drouin coming along everything to me points to a really good hockey team with tremendous speed skill and balance. Ottawa also beat Montreal in 5 games the previous season. I thought Lindback was god aweful and montreal got all the breaks. I think this year will be different and they will push Boston for the division.

1. Boston
2. Tampa
3. Montreal
4. Detroit
5. Ottawa
6. Florida
7. Toronto
8. Buffalo

1. Pittsburgh
2. Columbus
3. Washington
4. NYR
5. New Jersey
6. Philly
7. Carolina
8. NYI

I honestly think 2 through 8 in the metropolitan division will be very tight with Pittsburgh running away with it.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Guys, we're gonna be extremely lucky to be a bubble team in the East. Better get used to that.

Christ I hope I'm wrong.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Guys, we're gonna be extremely lucky to be a bubble team in the East. Better get used to that.

Christ I hope I'm wrong.

I think you're right, but I don't agree with the 'extremely lucky' part. I think we are a bubble team - I doubt many people see it differently. Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Columbus, Washington. We're going into a titanic battle starting Game 1 for the WC, but I think we can do it over the likes of most of the teams listed there.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
don't forget....hottest team to finish the nhl season last year,
Ottawa Senators 8-2-0 (first out of 30 teams)

Oct 10, 2010
1. Boston
2. Tampa
3. Toronto
4. Detroit
5. Florida
6. Ottawa
7. Montreal
8. Buffalo

1. Penguins
2. Rangers
3. Flyers