CBJ
NYI
PHI
WSH
NJ
CAR

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Here is my serious prediction, unlike my prediction on page 1.

1. Boston: Obvious choice to take the number one spot

2. Montreal: As much as everyone of you want them to miss the playoffs, they are not going to just to piss us all off

3. Tampa Bay: Might regress, but i still think they make the playoffs. Could fall into a wildcard spot.

4. Ottawa: Depending how things go this year, i could see us making the playoffs in a wildcard spot or completely missing it. Hopefully or defense improves and our offense doesn't completely suck.

5. Detroit: Never count out the Wings when it comes to making the playoffs or not. Most likely will take up either the 1st or 2nd wildcard. May challenge for a top 3 spot depending on if everyone is healthy.

6. Toronto: Still the same team as last year despite the new bottom 6 players who may or may not help them at all. Still have Carlyle as coach, which is a negative

7. Florida: Same team as last year despite improvement to the bottom 6 and goaltending. What they needed most last year was a goalscorer. They still haven't gotten a goalscorer. Also have question marks on their defense. Could sneak into the playoffs or bottom out again.

8. Buffalo: This one is an obvious choice.

Last edited:

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
The good thing about the Sens "not being so good lately", is the East is weaker than the West, so anybody has a chance of making the Playoffs. :laugh:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I know this is the popular opinion but I'm seeing it a bit differently, starting this year.

I see more teams in the East ready to take a jump forward than the West. For the most part or generally, the East teams have younger players that I see as getting better. Just my opinion, but we could begin to have much more parity with the West and the East getting strong.

Agreed. It really feels like the West is at, or nearing, it's peak (for most teams). It's an older conference, plus the travel and warlike battles between the top teams are starting to show.

The East has a lot of young teams with some high end talent. In a few seasons I wouldn't be surprised to see a change in power.

As for prospects, I think some of the teams in the west (Anaheim and Chicago specifically) have over-rated prospect pools. Sure they're good, but not good enough to keep those teams in the elite range in the NHL 5 years from now.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Atlantic
Ottawa
Boston
Tampa
Detroit
Montreal
Toronto
Florida
Buffalo

Metro
PIT
NYR
WSH
CBJ
PHI
NYI
NJ
CAR

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Atlantic

Boston
Tampa Bay
Montreal

Ottawa (wild card)
Detroit
Florida
Toronto
Buffalo

Metro

Pittsburgh
New York Rangers
Philadelphia

Columbus (wild card)
New Jersey
New York Islanders
Washington
Carolina

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I'm changing my mind about the Habs which I find the most difficult to predict. I don't see much there and I'll be waiting for the PK meltdown. They can make the playoffs but Therrien is still the guy that Maclean put a clown suit on.

Karlsson2Turris*

Atlantic:
Boston
Tampa Bay
Montreal
Ottawa (Wild Card)
Detroit
Toronto
Florida
Buffalo

Metro:
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Washington
NYR (Wild Card)
Columbus
New Jersey
NYI
Carolina

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
I'm changing my mind about the Habs which I find the most difficult to predict. I don't see much there and I'll be waiting for the PK meltdown. They can make the playoffs but Therrien is still the guy that Maclean put a clown suit on.

So much of their success banks on Carey Price staying healthy. It's hard to put faith in a team that relies so heavily on the success of a single player.

I don't think their roster is good enough to make the playoff this year even if Carey Price plays above average. He'll need to be elite for them to make it.

TroubleInTurrisTown

Apr 20, 2013
Ottawa
Atlantic
Boston
Tampa Bay
Montreal
Ottawa (WC)
Detroit
Florida
Toronto
Buffalo

Metro:
Pittsburgh
NYR
Philadelphia
Washington(WC)
Columbus
New Jersey
NYI
Carolina

I don't know why people have the Leafs so high. All the advanced stats suggest that the Leafs were lucky last year and will take a step back. And if they missed the playoffs by 9 points last year, they could be a train wreck.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Nobody in the east is good enough to really run away with it.

Rangers/Penguins.will probably go 1/3 with boston as second seed.
Montreal will be around 4/5/6 depending on.how well price plays.

I expect tampa.to.still.make.it even if bishop regresses.

Columbus is a wild.card.
Ottawa.and toronto are at best wild card teams but will.most likely miss the playoffs. That leaves, red wings, flyers, capitals and hurricanes for.the last two.spots

Last edited:

Karlsson2Turris*

Nobody in the east is good enough to really run away with it.

Rangers/Penguins.will probably go 1/3 with boston as second seed.
Montreal will be around 4/5/6 depending on.how well price plays.

I expect tampa.to.still.make.it even if bishop regresses.

Columbus is a wild.card.
Ottawa.and toronto are at best wild card teams but will.most likely miss the playoffs. That leaves, red wings, flyers, capitals and hurricanes for.the last two.spots

I would say Ottawa and Toronto are clearly better than Carolina and possibly Detroit this year. That makes our main competetion being the Leafs, Caps, and Devils (Philly will likely be in the top 3 of the Metro).

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
I see the Atlantic in 4 tiers.

Boston/Tampa

Montreal/Detroit

Toronto/Ottawa

Florida/Buffalo

I still see Boston a step ahead of anybody in the atlantic

For me its more like

Boston
Tampa/Montreal
Detroit
Ottawa/Toronto
Florida
Buffalo

Tampa can.be a real powerhouse.in the near future though, solid looking team in the.near future

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Atlantic: Tampa Bay, Montreal, Boston, Toronto, Florida, Ottawa, Detroit, Buffalo
Metro: Pittsburgh, Ny Rangers, New jersey, Washington, Philadelphia, Columbus, NY Islanders, Carolina

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Atlantic:
1. Boston
2. Tampa Bay
3. Montreal
4. Detroit
5. Toronto
6. Ottawa
7. Florida
8. Buffalo