Rank the East this year

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I know there are many threads like this on the main board but I'm curious to see how Sens fans feel about the upcoming season. I'm actually looking forward to the coming year, with the additions and competition from the youngsters we will see a very different style and effort level. I'm liking the depth.

Atlantic:
1.Boston
2.Montreal
3.Ottawa
4.Toronto *WC1
5.Tampa
6.Detroit
7.Florida
8.Buffalo

Metro:
1.Penguins
2.Rangers
3.Columbus
4.Flyers *WC2
5.Islanders
6.Washington
7.New Jersey
8.Carolina

M4TR1X

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Ottawa and Toronto ahead of Tampa Bay?
I don't think I could agree with that.

1) Montreal
2) Boston
3) Tampa Bay
4) Detroit
5) Ottawa
6) Toronto
7) Buffalo
8) Florida

1) Pittsburgh
2) NY Rangers
3) Philadelphia
4) Columbus
5) Washington
6) NY Islanders
7) New Jersey
8) Carolina

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I know there are many threads like this on the main board but I'm curious to see how Sens fans feel about the upcoming season. I'm actually looking forward to the coming year, with the additions and competition from the youngsters we will see a very different style and effort level. I'm liking the depth.

Atlantic:
1.Boston
2.Montreal
3.Ottawa
4.Toronto *WC1
5.Tampa
6.Detroit
7.Florida
8.Buffalo

Metro:
1.Penguins
2.Rangers
3.Columbus
4.Flyers *WC2
5.Islanders
6.Washington
7.New Jersey
8.Carolina

It will be interesting to see some lists that don't have the Sens down with or even below Buffalo at the bottom of the pack.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Atlantic:
Boston
Tampa
Montreal
Ottawa
Toronto
Florida
Detroit
Buffalo

Metro:
Pittsburgh
New York R
Columbus
New York I
Washington
Philadelphia
New Jersey
Carolina

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Ottawa and Toronto ahead of Tampa Bay?
I don't think I could agree with that.

Yeah, the Lightning are a tough pick for me and that one has the biggest chance for an oops. I'm just not seeing the hype here, yes Bishop had an unworldly season last year but I'm not convinced he can do it again. Being swept by the Habs without him cemented my view.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Ottawa
Boston
Tampa Bay
Montreal (wildcard)
Detroit
Toronto
Florida
Buffalo

Pittsburgh
New York Rangers
Columbus
New Jersey (wildcard)
Philadelphia
New York Islanders
Washington
Carolina

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Pretty much impossible to pick. Aside from Boston, NYR, and Pittsburgh at the top, and Buffalo at the bottom, pretty much every single team is a bubble team. The east is a complete toss up this year. That being said...

Atlantic:
Boston
Tampa
Montreal
Ottawa WC
Toronto
Detroit
Florida
Buffalo

Metro:
NYR
Pittsburgh
NYI
Columbus WC
Philly
Washington
Carolina
New Jersey

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ottawa
Boston
Tampa Bay
Montreal (wildcard)
Detroit
Toronto
Florida
Buffalo

Pittsburgh
New York Rangers
Columbus
New Jersey (wildcard)
Philadelphia
New York Islanders
Washington
Carolina

If this happens, The world is coming to an end.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Aside from Boston, NYR, and Pittsburgh at the top, and Buffalo at the bottom, pretty much every single team is a bubble team.

I know this is the popular opinion but I'm seeing it a bit differently, starting this year.

I see more teams in the East ready to take a jump forward than the West. For the most part or generally, the East teams have younger players that I see as getting better. Just my opinion, but we could begin to have much more parity with the West and the East getting strong.

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
I know my predictions are going to seem a little radical, but:

Atlantic:
Boston
Tampa
Ottawa

Montreal (Wild Card)
Detroit
Toronto
Florida
Buffalo

Metro:
New York Rangers
Pittsburgh
Columbus

Phil/Washington (Wild Card)
Phil/Washington
Carolina
New York Islanders
New Jersey

*Yes, I think MTL is going into the season as a different team and might experience a setback.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Atlantic:
Tampa
Boston
Detroit
Florida
Montreal
Ottawa
Toronto
Buffalo

Metro:
Pittsburgh
Columbus
Philadelphia
New York R
New York I
Washington
Carolina
New Jersey

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Tampa Bay (3)
Boston (4)
Ottawa (6)
Toronto *WC2 (8)
Detroit (9)
Montreal (10)
Florida (14)
Buffalo (16)

*Toronto will be less than 4 points behind Ottawa
*Detroit and Montreal will be within 5 of Toronto

Pittsburgh (1)
New York Ranger (2)
Philadelphia (5)
Columbus *WC 1 (7)
New Jersey (11)
Washington (12)
New York Islanders (13)
Carolina (15)

*There will be 5 points separating New Jersey and Washington

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I think Ottawa is finishing 7th in the Atlantic.

h3557E74E

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Boston
Detroit
Tampa Bay
Ottawa
Montreal
Toronto
Florida
Buffalo

NYR
PHI
PIT
COL
NJ
WSH
NYI
CAR

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Atlantic:
1. Boston
2. Montreal
3. Tampa
4. Detroit
5. Ottawa
6. Toronto
7. Florida
8. Buffalo

Metro:
1. Pittsburgh
2. New York R
3. Philadelphia
4. Washington
5. Columbus
6. New York I
7. New Jersey
8. Carolina

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I know this is the popular opinion but I'm seeing it a bit differently, starting this year.

I see more teams in the East ready to take a jump forward than the West. For the most part or generally, the East teams have younger players that I see as getting better. Just my opinion, but we could begin to have much more parity with the West and the East getting strong.

West is only getting stronger. look at Anaheim with Kesler, Dallas with Spezza and Hemsky, Blues with Stastny, LA with Gaborik staying, James Neil with the Preds, Colorado with Iginla, Chicago adding a guy like Richards... All those teams getting better and most of these players came from the east. San Jose had hard time in playoffs but still better than most Eastern teams...

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
West is only getting stronger. look at Anaheim with Kesler, Dallas with Spezza and Hemsky, Blues with Stastny, LA with Gaborik staying, James Neil with the Preds, Colorado with Iginla, Chicago adding a guy like Richards... All those teams getting better and most of these players came from the east. San Jose had hard time in playoffs but still better than most Eastern teams...

Half of those improvements came from intra-conference player movement.

Of the rest, Neal, Spezza, and Gaborik are the big hauls. Richards is beginning to decline. Iginla won't be around much longer.

Regardless, I don't think his point was that this year, the West will suddenly be much worse than the East. Just that this year may be the start of an upward trend for the East.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I think Tampa is due for a decline. I just don't think Bishop is THAT good. Good, but not elite like he was last year. Him normalizing will bring them back to the pack.

Our D has to be better - if it is, we compete for 3rd in the division with just about everyone else in the division (sans Buffalo [last], Boston & Montreal [top 2].

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The East is such a crap shoot.

Look at the Rangers at the start of last season versus where they ended up.

Look at Ottawa who had a horrendous season and was still 5 points away from a playoff spot.

I don't even think Pittsburgh is a lock next season.

Buffalo is being over rated by the hockey community. They made some very nice additions, but they also lost Vanek and Miller. Given how little points they had last season, I just don't see them making the jump out of last place.

Boston is still a power house and will probably be first.

Aside from that, anything can happen.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Half of those improvements came from intra-conference player movement.

Of the rest, Neal, Spezza, and Gaborik are the big hauls. Richards is beginning to decline. Iginla won't be around much longer.

Regardless, I don't think his point was that this year, the West will suddenly be much worse than the East. Just that this year may be the start of an upward trend for the East.

Richards is on the decline but if you look at Chicago they are already better than any team in the East anyways. Iginla wont be around much longer but Colorado finished first in the west. My point was mostly that the best teams in the west are only getting better and better and not to say have also lots of youth look at Anaheim, LA, Dallas, Colorado, Chicago .. They all have incredible youth coming or already in the system. These teams wont regress in the years to come.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Iginla scored 30 goals last season. He's still a first line winger in the NHL until he proves otherwise.

When you're good enough to be a 50 goal almost 100 point player at your peak, your decline is still better than a majority of players out there.

Colorado has Duchene and MacKinnon down the middle. If Iginla clicks with either, he could score more than 30.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
Boston will be worse, Montreal is not that good. The East is wide open

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad