Rank the divisions

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Someone is liking my posts from this thread. Thanks, I had a good chuckle at some of those earlier posts that did not age well that said Pittsburg was a bad team. Isles will have their hands full against the first seed Penguins from the tough East. Should be a great series.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
How would you rank the divisions in terms of toughest to make the playoffs to easiest?

cut.jpg

My rankings

East
Canadian
Central
West

North takes the cup this year imo

either Toronto or Edmonton

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Player, singular.

Also, it is hilarious how Toronto was on pace for over 100pts last season after the coaching change, which would have landed them in 7th, ahead of Pit, Vgk, Car, Dal, they must have ungodly offense if they can make up for having no defense.

I agree. I think it's become something people say about the North Division, that has some validity but not near what some are claiming.

Also, we all assume that this quote is from Drew Doughty right?

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
North takes the cup this year imo

either Toronto or Edmonton
Toronto is the only north team resembling full depth at every position. Idc how talented McDavid and Drais are, carrying a team through the playoffs isn’t the same as regular season (hot goalie being the exception). That teams not there yet

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Someone is liking my posts from this thread. Thanks, I had a good chuckle at some of those earlier posts that did not age well that said Pittsburg was a bad team. Isles will have their hands full against the first seed Penguins from the tough East. Should be a great series.

Isles are just lucky those powerhouse Sabres didn't make the playoffs instead of the Pens, like some folks predicted. ;)

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Taking a quantitative approach, 6 of the top 9 teams in overall standings (it matters, as it decides the draft position) are coming from the West and the Central, 2 from the East and only Toronto from the North. The best 2 teams are from the West. Consequently:
West
Central
East
North

On the flip side, the #4 team in the East (NYI) finished with 7 more points than the #4 team in the Central (NSH), 8 more than the #4 team in the West (STL), and 12 more than the #4 team in the North (MTL).

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Both of those teams would be embarrassed against a true contender.

I think what's embarrassing is stupid opinions like this one in your post.

The Leafs took the Stanley Cup contending Bruins to back to back game 7s
And that was when they were younger, less experienced, lacked depth they have now and hadn't yet learned how to defend

I think it's fair to comment that a team like Colorado, Vegas or Tampa would be favoured to win vs Toronto, but should it come to fruition, it's most certainly not going to be the one sided affair people like to claim.

Reactions: Chabot84

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
I think what's embarrassing is stupid opinions like this one in your post.

The Leafs took the Stanley Cup contending Bruins to back to back game 7s
And that was when they were younger, less experienced, lacked depth they have now and hadn't yet learned how to defend

I think it's fair to comment that a team like Colorado, Vegas or Tampa would be favoured to win vs Toronto, but should it come to fruition, it's most certainly not going to be the one sided affair people like to claim.

not much point in even posting on these boards I’m slowly realizing. North will be in the conference finals that’s a guarantee. I’m hoping they make the SCF as then months and months of posts and agendas here will instantly be rotten.

Reactions: snag

snag

Feb 22, 2014
not much point in even posting on these boards I’m slowly realizing. North will be in the conference finals that’s a guarantee. I’m hoping they make the SCF as then months and months of posts and agendas here will instantly be rotten.

And excuses will be aplenty.

Reactions: Chabot84

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
On the flip side, the #4 team in the East (NYI) finished with 7 more points than the #4 team in the Central (NSH), 8 more than the #4 team in the West (STL), and 12 more than the #4 team in the North (MTL).
There was no interlocking play so cross-sectional analysis of this type is meaningless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad