Rank the divisions

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
How would you rank the divisions in terms of toughest to make the playoffs to easiest?

cut.jpg

My rankings

East
Canadian
Central
West

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I just noticed that the divisions cross over west and east. So in theory we can get Toronto-Carolina in the final. Interesting.

Reactions: DaveG

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'll go

East
Central
North
West

Last edited:
Reactions: cyris

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
East, Central, West, North

**Edit: Actually, Most likely

1. East
2. West
3. Central
4. north

Based on both paper rosters, and history. Like, people have hyped the leafs and Canadian teams every year. *ignored injuries. May edit again lol. Feel free to specifically disagree with me based on injury/surgeries and I’ll adjust.

I like some of their acquisitions but I’ll wait til I see it.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

HugoSimon

Jan 25, 2013
My guess is whatever it is now, it'll be completely flipped in a months time.

You can't predict this season. There's been far too much of a gap between now and last year.

Ignoring physical atrophy and skill atrophy, mental health is far too much of a factor.

Teams are so built on cohesion and a desire to win. A handful of games will throw the season.

Depression and pro hockey are not things that work well together.

Players are use to summer long gaps in play, but with 10 months of uncertainty I can imagine you'll see a ton of people completely out of sorts.

Alternatively some teams will have major recoveries, because a brake was needed.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
East
West
Central
North

The North is by far the weakest division. First, mathematically it provides the easiest path to the playoffs. Secondly, it is Toronto and a batch of bad teams. Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary all had inflated records last year from playing in a weak division.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Not sure how anyone has the North ahead of the west? Colorado, St. Louis, and Vegas are all better than any of the Canadian teams

Probably a different perspective with regard to weighting the Divisions than yours. I'm guessing some ding the West more for their 3 "bad" teams than they credit it for the 3 very good teams. North only has Ottawa that was bad last year.

Reactions: NHL WAR

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
My ranking:
East
North
Central
West

The top end teams in the Central and West division are better overall than the North division. However, the team are closer together in the North division which make it more competitive since the other two divisions are more lopsided.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
East
West
Central
North

The North is by far the weakest division. First, mathematically it provides the easiest path to the playoffs. Secondly, it is Toronto and a batch of bad teams. Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary all had inflated records last year from playing in a weak division.
This.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad