Rank the decade's MVPs so far...

illpucks

May 26, 2011
2013's Ovechkin win is the weakest in NHL history.
It's one of the best actually considering he took 1/4th of the season off, got called out by Milbury, was a laughing stock on HFboards, completely turned around made the posters here eat their own words and made Milbury look like a fool. He also managed to hit 30 goals even though the season was 48 games.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Ovi was by far the best player that year. Sedin's win was weak. He got it because Ovi got a suspension.
You simply cannot have watched him play that year. He was utterly dominant, even more so when his brother was injured for a big chunk. There was nothing at all weak about his win. And so what if Ovi was suspended? That was part of his season.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
You simply cannot have watched him play that year. He was utterly dominant, even more so when his brother was injured for a big chunk. There was nothing at all weak about his win. And so what if Ovi was suspended? That was part of his season.

Hard to call Sedin's win dominant when he wasn't even the best player the year he won it...

It was a weak win.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Henrik got it because pressure was on Ovie after winning back to back. Voters decided to punish him for getting suspended despite having the greatest peak of the Cap era. Robbed of rocket and Hart.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Henrik got it because pressure was on Ovie after winning back to back. Voters decided to punish him for getting suspended despite having the greatest peak of the Cap era. Robbed of rocket and Hart.

Yep. Crosby and Stamkos should hand over the Richard to Ovi. Ovi had one less goal than them, but missed 10 games.

Sedin should hand his Hart and Art Ross to Ovi as well.

Reactions: Bieronymus Trotz

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Yep. Crosby and Stamkos should hand over the Richard to Ovi. Ovi had one less goal than them, but missed 10 games.

Sedin should hand his Hart and Art Ross to Ovi as well.

riiiiiiiight. Everyone knows how biased the voters are towards West Coast Swedish twins. Henrik deserved the Hart because of his unbelievable season. End of story.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It's one of the best actually considering he took 1/4th of the season off, got called out by Milbury, was a laughing stock on HFboards, completely turned around made the posters here eat their own words and made Milbury look like a fool. He also managed to hit 30 goals even though the season was 48 games.
Oh come on. He won because Crosby took a fluke puck to the jaw in a strike shortened season.
Why am I supposed to rank people based on what HF or Mike Millbury says?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Should've gone to Crosby. Misses the last month, and still had the same amount of Points as Ovi.

Crosby if he won the Hart that year, that would've been the most dominant win of the decade.

His 1.56 PPG was .30 above the next closest.

I know you simply want a reaction but you can't be serious can you?

Of course he led the league in PPG, he played 36 games. Same amount of points as Ovechkin, 17 less goals.

Ovechkin scored 24 goals in the Caps last 28 games to take a team that was out of a playoff spot, 13th in the conference, to 6th and the division winner. That is the very definition of "MVP".

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I know you simply want a reaction but you can't be serious can you?

Of course he led the league in PPG, he played 36 games. Same amount of points as Ovechkin, 17 less goals.

Ovechkin scored 24 goals in the Caps last 28 games to take a team that was out of a playoff spot, 13th in the conference, to 6th and the division winner. That is the very definition of "MVP".

The fact that Crosby missed 12 games and still had as many points as Ovi shows how weak of a win that was. Crosby was head and shoulders above everyone that year.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The fact that Crosby missed 12 games and still had as many points as Ovi shows how weak of a win that was. Crosby was head and shoulders above everyone that year.

I disagree, I think even if Crosby wins the Ross, Ovechkin still wins the Hart, he was that good.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Oh come on. He won because Crosby took a fluke puck to the jaw in a strike shortened season.
Why am I supposed to rank people based on what HF or Mike Millbury says?
It all makes sense now. That's why there's a Pens crowd on here that hate Orpik.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I disagree, I think even if Crosby wins the Ross, Ovechkin still wins the Hart, he was that good.

That's Just not even close to reality.

Crosby almost won it as is.

Ovi had 1090 votes to Crosbys 1058.

So if Crosby plays those 12 games, he runs away the Art Ross, probably finishing with around 72-75 points. He easily wins that Hart. He was by far the best player that year. Ovi should hand his Hart and St Louis should hand his Art ross to Brooks Orpik.

Now, before you think I'm some Ovi hater, I also said that Ovi Should've won the Hart on 2010, as he was the best player that year by alot. Would've ran away with the rocket and won the Art Ross if not suspended.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
That's Just not even close to reality.

Crosby almost won it as is.

Ovi had 1090 votes to Crosbys 1058.

So if Crosby plays those 12 games, he runs away the Art Ross, probably finishing with around 72-75 points. He easily wins that Hart. He was by far the best player that year. Ovi should hand his Hart and St Louis should hand his Art ross to Brooks Orpik.

Now, before you think I'm some Ovi hater, I also said that Ovi Should've won the Hart on 2010, as he was the best player that year by alot. Would've ran away with the rocket and won the Art Ross if not suspended.
Ovie should also have the 2015 hart.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Based upon their seasons and not the overall player:

2012 Malkin
2015 Price
2016 Kane
2010 Sedin
2013 Ovechkin
2017 Mcdavid
2018 Hall
2014 Crosby
2011 Perry

MajorLeafsFan

Jul 19, 2017
Nope. Ovi was 2nd in voting. 53 goals when no one hit 45. Sid didn't even reach 30.
Just because Ovi scored 53 doesn't mean he deserved the hart. Price basically carried the team on his back to the playoffs and had god-like numbers. Maybe Ovi wins if the Canadiens don't make the playoffs, but that's a what-if, and I don't really like those much.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Just because Ovi scored 53 doesn't mean he deserved the hart. Price basically carried the team on his back to the playoffs and had god-like numbers. Maybe Ovi wins if the Canadiens don't make the playoffs, but that's a what-if, and I don't really like those much.
"What-ifs" are forming the backbone of pretty much every contrary argument here.

Reactions: MajorLeafsFan

paragon

May 5, 2010
Kane, Art Rosss, 17 points above the second best scorer, second in goals.
Malkin Art Ross, 12 point lead above the second best scorer, 50 goals and second in goals.
Crosby, Art Ross, 17 point lead over second best scorer.
Sedin. Art Ross, 83 EV points which is insane. Only knock on him is that other people were close in scoring, especially Ovechkin who might have won Hart if he wasn't suspended. Showed he could still carry when Daniel was injured.

Next tier
McDavid, Art Ross
Ovechkin, Rocket, 32 goals in 48 games

Price, by default because no one else had an outstanding season.
Hall, 26 game point streak, 41 point lead over second best scorer on his team.
Perry, Rocket 50

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad