Brown
Horton
Michalek
Vanek
Richards
Kostitsyn
Fehr
Stewart

there are too many good forwards hard to make a list...easily could have put in Nilsson, Eaves, Tambellini, Jessiman, Pouliot, Kesler, Pushkarev, O'Sullivan, etc.

2003 is just a great draft.

and yeah I know I'm going to get flamed for putting Perry so high.

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
well I'll try a top 15

Zherdev
Bergeron
Staal
Carter
Getzlaf
Perry
Parise
Brown
Horton
Michalek
Vanek
Richards
Kostitsyn
Fehr
Stewart

there are too many good forwards hard to make a list...easily could have put in Nilsson, Eaves, Tambellini, Jessiman, Pouliot, Kesler, Pushkarev, O'Sullivan, etc.

Yeah, it's a bloody shame you would put the OHL's most dominating player that high. What were you thinking ;)

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
kremlin said:
Yeah, it's a bloody shame you would put the OHL's most dominating player that high. What were you thinking ;)

:) well a lot of people around here think he is just a junior star that will be a bust at the NHL level. I don't see it that way though.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
McDonald19 said:
well I'll try a top 15

Zherdev
Bergeron
Staal
Carter
Getzlaf
Perry
Parise
Brown
Horton
Michalek
Vanek
Richards
Kostitsyn
Fehr
Stewart

That's low for Fehr. He's about to break 60 goals and 110pts and win the WHL scoring title.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
kremlin said:
As a follow up to my "Rank D from 2003 draft", I thought I would start a forwards thread as well. Almost 2 years after the draft: rank the FORWARDS who were taken in the first two rounds of the 2003 entry draft. There are to many to list them all, but here you find the original list (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2003e.html)

Nikolai Zherdev
Eric Staal
Nathan Horton
Milan Michalek
Jeff Carter
Ryan Getzlaf
Eric Fehr
Mike Richards
Patrice Bergeron
Thomas Vanek
Dustin Brown
Zach Parise
Patrick O'Sullivan
Anthony Stewart
Andrei Kostitsyn
Jeff Tambellini
Marc-Antoine Pouliot
Patrick Eaves
Dan Fritsche
Steve Bernier
Corey Perry
Ryan Kesler
Konstantin Pushkarev
Loui Eriksson
Brian Boyle
Jeremy Colliton
Ryan Stone
Petr Vrana
Josh Hennessy
Vojtech Polak
Igor Mirnov
Robert Nilsson
Hugh Jessiman
Kamil Kreps
David Backes
Konstantin Glazachev
Stefan Meyer
Marc-Andre Bernier
Cory Urquhart
Dmitri Chernykh
Masi Marjamaki
Evgeny Tunik
B.J. Crombeen
Maxim Lapierre
Branislav Fabry
Jean-Francois Jacques
Colin McDonald

thats how i see it. Feel free to disagree, just dont post that i 'hate' a player.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
that's a decent list..though I think Grigori Shafigulin has knocked off Konstantin Glazachev in every way. Shafigulin looked like Russia's third or fourth best forward at the WJCs and he's having a terrific year in the RSL. Factor in that Poile has mentioned him as a very real candidate to come over next year...while Glazachev is never even talked about anymore...and I think Grigori has earned that position.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
nomorekids said:
that's a decent list..though I think Grigori Shafigulin has knocked off Konstantin Glazachev in every way. Shafigulin looked like Russia's third or fourth best forward at the WJCs and he's having a terrific year in the RSL. Factor in that Poile has mentioned him as a very real candidate to come over next year...while Glazachev is never even talked about anymore...and I think Grigori has earned that position.

Indeed. A problem with those lists is that they are too often colored by draft positions.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
pavel datsyuk said:
Nikolai Zherdev
Eric Staal
Nathan Horton
Milan Michalek
Jeff Carter
Ryan Getzlaf
Eric Fehr
Mike Richards
Patrice Bergeron
Thomas Vanek
Dustin Brown
Zach Parise
Patrick O'Sullivan

I'd have to think that 2 major knee surgeries, and nearly two lost seasons, would have to knock Michalek down a few pegs.

bryan579

Oct 13, 2004
Flames Draft Watcher said:
That doesn't necessarily mean he'll be a better NHLer than the majority of those guys. Stats aren't everything, especially at the junior level.

Then you could say the same thing to the otehr guys about Perry and maybe even add in about how amazing his team is and their record and players and all. That argument doesnt work here cause you could apply it to anybody

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Call me a homer but for all some of those prospects are worth offensively I think the majority of them don't have their head on straight yet and have not reached a level of maturity in that I've seen of Kesler. He's ranked so low with everybody simply because he doesn't project to be the top scoring forward. What people forget is that team don't just draft in either black or white. They draft players who are best at being a dominant shade of gray... like Kesler.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
McDonald19 said:
well I'll try a top 15

Zherdev
Bergeron
Staal
Carter
Getzlaf
Perry
Parise
Brown
Horton
Michalek
Vanek
Richards
Kostitsyn
Fehr
Stewart

KOSTITSYN IS BETTER THAN Carter,Getzlaf,Perry,Parise,Brown and richard ...

CH Wizard

gars59 said:

Il l'est pas.

I think Getzlaf and Carter,Brown and Parise are as good as Kostitsyn or better but Perry and Richards aren't better.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Zherdev- What a great player!
Stall- Will be an awesome two way player
Horton- Scored many goals in the NHL...good sign
Vanek- Enjoying a good season in the AHL
Kostitsyn- Learned the defense part of the game...he can now put everything together
Carter- Nice WJC but he isn't dominating the OHL
Michalek- To many injuries...still a good player
Brown- Already played in the NHL...tremendous season in the AHL with the best team
Bergeron- Good first NHL season but I don't think his upside is THAT high
Parise- Good rookie season in the AHL but he don't have many goals

That's my top 10...

Honnarable mention to Fehr, Getzlaf and Richards

It's hard to do a list like that because some of the players are still in junior, some already played in the NHL and some, despite their AWESOME potential are still learning some part of the game...

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
gars59 said:

Are you trying to make Habs fans look bad? I support my prospects as much as they deserve it, but this is just false.

He might end up being better than those guys, but right now he is not. That's just a fact. In a few years we'll see where his developement is but right now, those guys are ahead of him.

bruins4777*

This would take a long time and im' too lazy. so i'll just say that zherdev should be number one and bergeron should be no.2

Vaneck and Milaceck or however you spell it is way too high by some people.

"KOSTITSYN IS BETTER THAN Carter,Getzlaf,Perry,Parise,Brown and richard ..."

or not.

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
gars59 said:
he play on the third line , he dont have a good ice time ....

then why doesn't he have good ice time? is he being cheated out of it? does he deserve more ice time? i'm not trying to be sarcastic, cuz i don't follow him. just trying to see your logic.

CH Wizard

gardebut30 said:
then why doesn't he have good ice time? is he being cheated out of it? does he deserve more ice time? i'm not trying to be sarcastic, cuz i don't follow him. just trying to see your logic.

Because , he has to learn to play defence first.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
He's 4th on the team in goals and he have only 82 shot

venek 28 goal with 208 shot
locke 15 with 87 shot
parise 14 goal with 162 shot
brown 25 goal with 212 shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events