Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Yotes: Valentine Edition

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
NOTES: It was the Rangers' first road short-handed goal since 2011.

Found this in the AP write up. It really stood out to me since the Rangers score their fair share of SH goals, but all of them have been at home since 2011? Hard to believe.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Found this in the AP write up. It really stood out to me since the Rangers score their fair share of SH goals, but all of them have been at home since 2011? Hard to believe.

Yeah I find that hard to believe.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
I think Klein deserves some praise tonight.2 assists and another solid game..

Why is he left out for the voting options?

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal

I believe it was the first SH goal on the road by a rookie since 2011.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Fun game to be at in Phoenix. There were tons of Rangers fans in the building. It felt like a home game at times.

Nash's goal was amazing. Hayes played very well. He's finding his game

Vickers8

Cambot - much better effort
KH - really coming on, size, skill, calm, very impressive
Kreids - seems like he has the same breakaway chance every game, he has to bury them

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
A little Sather love for this last win:

Kreider's best game as a Ranger (1st round pick)
Hayes growing be leaps and bounds as a center (1st round pick without being a 1st round pick)
Klein with 2 assists, leading team in D points (trade for Del Zotto)
Nash leading the league in goals and in the conversation for MVP (remember the backlash for this trade?)
Zooks becoming a fan favorite everywhere he plays (risky signing as a free agent)
Stepan evolving into a true #1 center (2nd round pick)
Brassard playing better than he ever has in his career (another trade won by Sather)
McD finally playing like we know he can (fleecing MTL)
Steal finally looking like Staal again (signed to a decent contract for years to come)
AV can really coach. No question. (bold move firing a successful Torts and bringing this guy in)

Hey, it's my 6000th post, had to be a little verbose.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I agree with what you said but Hayes is actually taller by an inch also reminds me of Jagr(not a center) the way he possesses the puck

I guess it's the weight differential that makes me think Hayes is a shorter player. Jumbo Joe can look very large when he's on.

If Hayes can be half the player he will be special.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
I think Klein deserves some praise tonight.2 assists and another solid game..

Why is he left out for the voting options?

so-much-THIS-fireworks.gif

Dude never get's enough credit on these boards , IMO he has been our best Defensemen and it's not close...

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Nash's goal was such a ridiculous snipe. You dont see him scoring too many snipes like that. Awesome.

Hayes with the patience and smarts not to pass to Glass with another pretty goal.

Cam was great.

MSL had a good game, he wasn't invisible. Kreider is an animal.

Hags-Hayes-Miller need to stay together, even when Fast gets back. Slot him down on the 4th. Miller has better offensive instincts, Fast works well with Moore.

Was Glass a plus or even? Wasn't Hayes' goal a short handed goal?

He was out for Vermette scoring(his man btw) and then Stempniak scoring for us. That's even.

Sorry, all you Tanner Glass fans. He was a train wreck as always. I was at the game. Only Coyote goal he was as usual behind the play and his man scored on a rebound. Only reason he was a plus player was that Stempniak was very good tonight. Did anyone note that AV benched the 4th line first half of the third period and the game changed?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

No it wasn't..........Dominic Moore scored SH in Toronto last week...

The Coyotes PBP guy said this too.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think they said it was the first SH road goal by a rookie for the Rangers since 2011. I don't understand why they'd say something like that. It's a bit farfetched to bring that up as a stat.

Hayes was also the first free agent rookie, drafted by the Blackhaws, who played for Boston College, named Hayes, with a brother who plays for the Panthers who scored a goal for the Rangers SH.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Who was the last rookie before Hayes to score a SHG on the road? My memory seems to think it's hagelin against buffalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad