Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Yotes: Valentine Edition

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I always say goaltending isn't about stats, it's about timing. Cam concedes on that penalty shot and it's tied 2-2. Crazy right? Three goals later you don't even think about it, but that could have been completely different. That's a big save that bigtime goalies make.

GP035

Dec 1, 2005
Nash's goal was such a ridiculous snipe. You dont see him scoring too many snipes like that. Awesome.

Hayes with the patience and smarts not to pass to Glass with another pretty goal.

Cam was great.

MSL had a good game, he wasn't invisible. Kreider is an animal.

Hags-Hayes-Miller need to stay together, even when Fast gets back. Slot him down on the 4th. Miller has better offensive instincts, Fast works well with Moore.

Was Glass a plus or even? Wasn't Hayes' goal a short handed goal?

He was out for Vermette scoring(his man btw) and then Stempniak scoring for us. That's even.

Shorthanded goals count as a plus, unlike power play goals.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Glass was on ice for Vermette's goal. -1 for that. He was out killing the Brassard penalty when Hayes decided to take the shot instead of passing--truly though Glass kind of ****ed up at the blueline--he didn't go offside but it's like he took an extra step laterally (or east-west) which pretty much killed the 2 on 1 the Rangers would have had. Hayes scored anyway and Glass was back to even for the game--OTOH you might say he took away Hayes' passing option to him which was probably a good thing. Glass was also on ice for Stepniak's goal--that's why he's a +1.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Love seeing the Dads enjoying themselves.... Kudos to MSG for the coverage and repeatedly cutting to them...

Also, I didn't see Kreider touch the puck on the Staal goal.... Thought it was weird that he got the only assist... Looked like Stepan knocked it from behind the goalie and I didn't see it touch Kreider on its way to Staal....

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Love seeing the Dads enjoying themselves.... Kudos to MSG for the coverage and repeatedly cutting to them...

Also, I didn't see Kreider touch the puck on the Staal goal.... Thought it was weird that he got the only assist... Looked like Stepan knocked it from behind the goalie and I didn't see it touch Kreider on its way to Staal....

Assists got changed to Stepan and MSL.

FLNYR

Wide Angle Watcher
May 14, 2013
that's the name that pops into my mind.

A shorter version

Confident with the puck, soft hands, adept at making soft short and very accurate passes. Solid size with a long reach and a good at using his body to shield the puck from an attacker.

May not have the skill level, but the styles are very similar.

I agree with what you said but Hayes is actually taller by an inch also reminds me of Jagr(not a center) the way he possesses the puck

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Agreed on the dads. My dad got me into hockey so that's something personally special to me, and it's one of my favorite things during the season.

sthNYR5

Apr 24, 2012
NYC
I agree with what you said but Hayes is actually taller by an inch also reminds me of Jagr(not a center) the way he possesses the puck

He really does look a lot like jagr, with his long hair and jersey tucked. I thought the same thing on the goal he scored against Colorado.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
HOw the hell did Cam not get a star, let alone the first one!?

Cam, Nash, Kreider, Hayes. can't choose between Kreider and Hayes.

Crapshoot

May 30, 2014
Hayes showing up to one of the greatest signings in NHL this season.
Gonna be huge in the play-offs. Quote me on that later on, please.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Finally got around to seeing the game.

all i can say is, When hayes was going down on the 2on1 with glass all i was thinking "don't pass don't pass don't pass don't pass"

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't remember what thread said we were #1 in goal differential in the easy, not counting shootouts we're #1 in the league actually.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Finally got around to seeing the game.

all i can say is, When hayes was going down on the 2on1 with glass all i was thinking "don't pass don't pass don't pass don't pass"

Imagine if it was Zuccarello on a 2-1 breakaway with Glass.

I probably would have just switched off my laptop

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
HOw the hell did Cam not get a star, let alone the first one!?

Cam, Nash, Kreider, Hayes. can't choose between Kreider and Hayes.

9doing+it+wrong+drinking+dumpaday.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad