Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Yotes: Valentine Edition

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Someone post that Glass haters gonna hate gif please.

Excellent third period after a subpar first 40. Stepan's line and McDonagh-Girardi were great.

I thought the Hayes line was ridiculous. They just dominated possession out there. I wish at least one of them were a better scorer. But as a third line they're really really good.

Anyway, this is the most explosive team I've ever seen on the Rangers (didn't watch before 00-01). I sometimes think the Rangers know that a little too well and just don't give it their all all game. Was a really frustrating game in the first 40. Great 3rd.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
Talbot #1, so happy to see him play a strong game.

Was gonna vote for Klein, but he wasnt an option in the poll... I liked his game tonight. had a Nice assist on the Nash goal.

Very glad we managed to take the 2 Points, they elevated their game in the 3rd period and cashed in on their chances. The 2 first periods was a little shaky.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Glass #1 Star: Dude was a + tonight. This is rarer than Halley's Comet.
Talbot #2 Star: Clutch when he needed to be. Great job on the PS.
Kreider #3 Star: Dude was everywhere tonight. Excellent game.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Was happy to see Stepan play well. ****** first period but got much better as the game went on.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Nash is a treat to watch every night.

Good to see Kreider beasting, and good to see Step get on the scoresheet.

Hayes is going nuts.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If Hayes can maintain this kind of confidence you have the makings of a real good player.

It's really impressive right now.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
4wW1nVL.png
This...this is amazing.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
The Rangers are now first in the Eastern Conference in goal differential. That has to count for something right?

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Looked like a 50/50 until we started running the triangles and pinching. The Hayes line is such a catalyst for this team now it isn't even funny.

Talbot had by far his best game since Hank went on IR. The penalty shot was turning point and we got a huge boost when he stopped it. Cam didn't see all that much in the 3rd so his great performance from the first two periods gets a bit lost among the goals.

Kreider is looking an absolute menace on rushes. Some nice board work and is using his size like he's supposed to. Stepan was also pretty good as the game wore on. MSL keeps turning it over more times than a burnt omelet but he showed a little of the forecheck and one-touch passing that would make him much more useful.

McDonagh and Girardi were our best D pairing tonight. Staal and Klein were bad in the first two periods but got their **** in order for the 3rd. We really missed Boyle because J. Moore and Hunwick playing together are an impending train wreck. Both are okay if they're alongside one of the top 4 but they can't play together except in cases like this.

So the nagging question...How do we beat the Islanders?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I thought the Hayes line was ridiculous. They just dominated possession out there. I wish at least one of them were a better scorer. But as a third line they're really really good.

Anyway, this is the most explosive team I've ever seen on the Rangers (didn't watch before 00-01). I sometimes think the Rangers know that a little too well and just don't give it their all all game. Was a really frustrating game in the first 40. Great 3rd.

They flubbed a bunch of good chances they created in the first 2 periods, then things started going in for them in the third

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Not Joe Thornton:sarcasm:

that's the name that pops into my mind.

A shorter version

Confident with the puck, soft hands, adept at making soft short and very accurate passes. Solid size with a long reach and a good at using his body to shield the puck from an attacker.

May not have the skill level, but the styles are very similar.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
JMoore and Hunwick were scary tonight, especially Hunwick. Both need a solid vet next to them and each should be fine, but paired together... Eeeeek.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Talbot with a great game.

The second period was kind of ugly after Kreider scored but then came the third starting with Nash sniping his goal--Talbot stopping the penalty shot and Hayes getting the shortie and that was it right there.

By the way I still think Hayes should have been No. 1 on our prospect poll.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Nash's goal was such a ridiculous snipe. You dont see him scoring too many snipes like that. Awesome.

Hayes with the patience and smarts not to pass to Glass with another pretty goal.

Cam was great.

MSL had a good game, he wasn't invisible. Kreider is an animal.

Hags-Hayes-Miller need to stay together, even when Fast gets back. Slot him down on the 4th. Miller has better offensive instincts, Fast works well with Moore.

Was Glass a plus or even? Wasn't Hayes' goal a short handed goal?

He was out for Vermette scoring(his man btw) and then Stempniak scoring for us. That's even.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad