GDT: Rangers @ Wings | Looks like Mantha is out again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Blashill is a puppet of Holland. He wouldn't be making these decisions without Holland's direction.

Feel bad for players getting drafted by DRW right now and having their careers ruined from the get-go.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Blashill is a puppet of Holland. He wouldn't be making these decisions without Holland's direction.

Feel bad for players getting drafted by DRW right now and having their careers ruined from the get-go.

based on what exactly?

Holland has always been pretty hands off with coaches in the past and in the rare cases he hasn't been it's generally been made pretty clear(such as that time he forced Babcock to play Nyquist)

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Absolutely nobody has had their career ruined here. Some of you are goinh to extremes now. Most of the guys just haven't been good as we hoped they would but nobody has had their career detailed by how they were handled.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005

I don't think this is anywhere near being an accurate statement, especially regarding a minor and singular lineup decision happening at the tail end of a failed campaign.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
I don't think this is anywhere near being an accurate statement, especially regarding a minor and singular lineup decision happening at the tail end of a failed campaign.

You see the Blackhawks, Penguins. Rangers. Caps, Bluejackets doing **** like this ?
No way. What an embarrassment.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
You see the Blackhawks, Penguins. Rangers. Caps, Bluejackets doing **** like this ?

Not sure what you're referring to. I was replying to a claim that the GM was making day to day lineup decisions.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

If you don't think Q and Torts are willing to bench young players due to their effort MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
I'm not really sticking up for Blashill but Mantha has been lazy defensively. If he's going to play a big role on this team, he needs to play both ends of the ice.

These are not good signs for someone who is an up and coming player, I can see this from an established vet from time to time even though that in itself is not good. Maybe blashill has this right.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I'm having a hard time being outraged about the Mantha thing but I feel like I need to be outraged by something... any suggestions? Abby's ice time? Mrazek starting? Sheahan in general?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm having a hard time being outraged about the Mantha thing but I feel like I need to be outraged by something... any suggestions? Abby's ice time? Mrazek starting? Sheahan in general?

Abdelkader's contract is my standby. And it's a tremendous value in terms of outrage. Six more years of outrage on that one. Why settle for anything less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad