GDT: Rangers @ Wings | Looks like Mantha is out again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I respect your fandom, but ugh.

Yeah, if the Wings had been rolling consistently and the team was looking strong despite the standings it might feel different. You'd feel like they were building towards something. Instead a few spotty wins here and there doesn't bring as much enthusiasm.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Trashill is losing on purpose at this point. Or trying to lose.

No he isn't. But I don't know why he doesn't play Howard again. Has to be injury related and trying to not get him hurt. Rangers would be an amazing test for howard

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Keeping Mantha out again is just the sort of stupid move I would expect from the worst coach in the league.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Only reason I can see why Mantha is out again is because he *****ed and moan about being scratched, and the message didn't sink into is brain yet.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Only reason I can see why Mantha is out again is because he *****ed and moan about being scratched, and the message didn't sink into is brain yet.

Can you provide some quotes where Mantha *****ed and moaned? The only ones I read were that he was frustrated about being scratched, as he should be, and as any player would be regardless of if it was deserved or not.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Can you provide some quotes where Mantha *****ed and moaned? The only ones I read were that he was frustrated about being scratched, as he should be, and as any player would be regardless of if it was deserved or not.

I can't provide quotes from behind the scenes. As I sad, that is the only reason I can think of.

Being scratched 1 game is sending a message. Being scratched 2 games... I'm thinking something else went on behind the scenes.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I can't provide quotes from behind the scenes. As I sad, that is the only reason I can think of.

Being scratched 1 game is sending a message. Being scratched 2 games... I'm thinking something else went on behind the scenes.

Or Blashill is usually that stupid 'don't change a winning lineup' strategy. The focus for the rest of the season should be getting experience for young players who will help this team get better in the upcoming years. Benching Mantha, playing Miller and whoever else is just a waste of time and a has the look of a coach who knows he's going to get fired.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Ugh, I was cool with one game to send him a message but there's absolutely no reason he shouldn't play tomorrow.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Or Blashill is usually that stupid 'don't change a winning lineup' strategy. The focus for the rest of the season should be getting experience for young players who will help this team get better in the upcoming years. Benching Mantha, playing Miller and whoever else is just a waste of time and a has the look of a coach who knows he's going to get fired.

I agree with you the rest of the season should be about developing the younglings. But let's be honest here Mantha deserved being scratched. His effort level has been in question the last few games. I thought Larkin should have been scratched as well.

He's been scratched before with the Griffins for the same reason. Let's see if this wakes him up.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
Looking like Lundqvist, Nash and Grabner are still out, No reason we can't win this one if we continue to play like we did against the Hawks. Wings 4 Rangers 2 same score.

I respect your fandom, but ugh.

Yeah, if the Wings had been rolling consistently and the team was looking strong despite the standings it might feel different. You'd feel like they were building towards something. Instead a few spotty wins here and there doesn't bring as much enthusiasm.

this is the worst thing about supporting a non-playoff team. logic dictates that we have to want to lose every match, but we're fans, so we want to win every match at the same time.

really think it would be a good thing if all non-playoff teams had an equal chance of picking higher up the draft. would eradicate deliberate tanking and would also ensure that fans remain passionate about their team winning.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Hmm, the second game scratch doesn't make much sense from a psychological point of view. One would think Mantha is pumped after watching the team whip Chicago last night without him. I'd be curious to hear the reason why he's scratched again.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I agree with you the rest of the season should be about developing the younglings. But let's be honest here Mantha deserved being scratched. His effort level has been in question the last few games. I thought Larkin should have been scratched as well.

He's been scratched before with the Griffins for the same reason. Let's see if this wakes him up.

These questions alone should dispel any notions that Mantha is going to be some star player. He'll be good, no doubt, but we can't expect an elite player out of the guy.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Hmm, the second game scratch doesn't make much sense from a psychological point of view. One would think Mantha is pumped after watching the team whip Chicago last night without him. I'd be curious to hear the reason why he's scratched again.

It's frustrating watching this franchise implode with crap going on like this.

This is the captain of the Titanic disciplining the Chief Engineer as the ship sinks so he'll be stronger in the future.

If I were Mantha I'd have my agent getting me the hell out of Dodge a/k/a Detroit.

Aren't the Ilitches watching these two clowns embarrass this once great franchise?

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
this is the worst thing about supporting a non-playoff team. logic dictates that we have to want to lose every match, but we're fans, so we want to win every match at the same time.

really think it would be a good thing if all non-playoff teams had an equal chance of picking higher up the draft. would eradicate deliberate tanking and would also ensure that fans remain passionate about their team winning.

I really like that idea :nod: Basically promotes better long-term management.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
These questions alone should dispel any notions that Mantha is going to be some star player. He'll be good, no doubt, but we can't expect an elite player out of the guy.

Elite players have had motivation/work ethic issues.

I think saying he will just be good is underrating the guy.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Elite players have had motivation/work ethic issues.

I think saying he will just be good is underrating the guy.

I don't think it's actually possible to underrate a 1st year player the caliber of Mantha. After seeing Nyquist, Tatar, Larkin and a bunch of others have great starts and then turn into meh later, I have no reason to not be extremely skeptical and patient with our young players.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Keeping Mantha out again is just the sort of stupid move I would expect from the worst coach in the league.

"Riley Sheahan is trying to score so hard he hit me in the head with a puck. I won't believe Mantha is giving it his all until he crosschecks me in the back." ~ Jeff Blashill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad