3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
See I feel that a pick in the top-4 this draft seals the deal.
There’s not enough talent, really talented forwards, in this system at all.

This is the system of “We got close” right now

Got close to what? They are 2 years into the rebuild. This is still a work in progress and so far it has been going splendidly whether we get a top 5 pick or not.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Buch last couple games is showing the ability to take a hit to make a play, show some strength, also going to the net and has some points.

Not totally sold but there is some improvement there.

I think he's been doing it for longer than that, but this is a results oriented world. If he doesn't score or it doesn't lead to a goal, people seem to discount it. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Raspewtin

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I liked the win too, yet it's somewhat bittersweet beyond just the draft odds thing.

Much of the good was Panarin/Zbad.

Skjei was not good, to a lesser not good extent Trouba, Kreider.

Watched the whole game Howden/Lemieux I guess played. Chytil/Kakko has glimpses yet very much only that.

Fox was good, DeAngelo too but may be injured.

Buch was in my take very good.

Geo very mixed game

This is going to take some time, not really sure how else to put it.
I thought Trouba was actually quite good — but his pair had some rough moments because of Skjei’s adventures in the Rangers’ half of the ice.

I have no doubt Brady can be a solid 2nd pairing LD, but this season has made it glaringly clear that he’s out of his depth on the 1st. (Could also probably do with a fresh start in another org.)

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Even if we don't get a Byfield which we 99.9% won't the trajectory this team is on with the talent currently here and the prospects who will be ready to pop in the next year or two, even if we didn't get a studly prospect in the draft this year, we still are on track to be a playoff team as soon as possibly next year and very likely Cup contender material 3-4 years from now.

So I'm going to disagree with you here my friend. We should be winning as much as we possibly can and build a winning culture here and that's why this year has been awesome. We are winning the majority of our games with the youngest team in the league and we very likely found the heir apparent to the King in Shesty, which is the most important thing that has happened

So more and more winning is the recipe for success NOT losing to move up a spot of two in, as I said earlier, is already a very deep draft where we should find a very nice prospect at the 12-13 spot or wherever it is we end up picking.
One year later and I would agree with this post. We need an elite draft pick this draft. Yes he can be found outside of the top 3-5 but that’s really hard. Otherwise I’m in complete agreement.
Come next season or the one after when Broadway Hat Smith and Staal and Kirks money are all gone (and yes Hank too) I’ll be all about winning culture.

But right now this team has roughly 50% of the talent to win in this league.

Culture or not. You don’t win w 50% talent

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
And if they have 2 1sts, not to mention other assets we could move to jump up in the draft. Some teams are just starting their asset accumulation and two firsts could be more ideal for a team instead of 1 top 7 pick.

Forwards in this draft are plentiful. If they pick 10-12, one will be there. If they pick top 7, one will be there. A lot of depth to this draft at the top.

Exactly. I don't understand why people are so stressed when this team wins. It's comical.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I’m starting to realize that Chytil’s development is one of the most critical parts of this rebuild. If he can become a 1b center or better in the next 1-3 years, and if Zibanejad stays this way for another 6 or so years before he starts to decline, that will be huge. There’s a decent chance of both those things happening.
Especially since most of this team's kids and prospects are defensemen. We could survive Andersson busting, but it is critical that Chytil becomes at least a 2C. Chytil-Kakko-Fox-Shesterkin is really the foundation of this team's next 5-10 years.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Got close to what? They are 2 years into the rebuild. This is still a work in progress and so far it has been going splendidly whether we get a top 5 pick or not.
Close to being legit contenders. This system has done a 180 but the selling has to continue for 1 more season and it would be best if we finished right next to Det this yr.

We won’t but it would be best.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Georgiev isn't getting traded. Hank is done here and the team will move on from him in the near future. Face facts!

there are no facts to face. i don't think there is a single person that wouldn't rather move hank. but if you didn't get the memo, he can't be moved unless he wants to be and there has been zero indication that the team has even talked to him about waiving. so you can think hank is done here but good luck actually removing him.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Exactly. I don't understand why people are so stressed when this team wins. It's comical.
I said this 12 months ago: what happens if you spend the entire season not enjoying wins and the team ends up winning the draft lottery anyway? :laugh:

Still, people are free to experience the games however they like, and the tank talk hasn't been disruptive—keep it that way (both sides of the argument).

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I thought Trouba was actually quite good — but his pair had some rough moments because of Skjei’s adventures in the Rangers’ half of the ice.

I have no doubt Brady can be a solid 2nd pairing LD, but this season has made it glaringly clear that he’s out of his depth on the 1st. (Could also probably do with a fresh start in another org.)

I just don't see the same things others seem to see in Trouba, I mean I do to see some of it, he is decent, he can move the puck somewhat, he has a hard shot, he plays physical (sometimes overly), other than that I guess I just don't see it regardless of who he is paired with. Skjei was bad tonight, but I am not just basing my opinion on tonight or when he is only pared with Skjei.

I understand he is youngish, a RD of a type that is not easy to find league wide, even with what I think are his shortcomings. Yet I guess again, I just don't see anything, (for the lack of a better term, or a more in depth explanation) anything dynamic there.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Fox played 22:01 EV, and was on the ice for 25 shot attempts for (1st) and 14 against.

Panarin-Strome-Fast 12-3 5v5 shot attempt differential and on the ice for 0 shots on goal against.

I just don't see the same things others seem to see in Trouba, I mean I do to see some of it, he is decent, he can move the puck somewhat, he has a hard shot, he plays physical (sometimes overly), other than that I guess I just don't see it regardless of who he is paired with. Skjei was bad tonight, but I am not just basing my opinion on tonight or when he is only pared with Skjei.

I understand he is youngish, a RD of a type that is not easy to find league wide, even with what I think are his shortcomings. Yet I guess again, I just don't see anything, (for the lack of a better term, or a more in depth explanation) anything dynamic there.
He needs a partner that fits. Skjei hasn't worked out in that regard, and in general it is slim pickings on our LD side. They should flip Skjei for a defensive-defenseman, someone like a better version of Freddy Claesson. Or kidnap Josh Morrissey from Winnipeg.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY

There was a play in OT when things were getting a little frantic and Trouba drove the Minn player (I cant recall now) in to the boards and then into the ice, then took the puck and calmy moved it out and up ice which showed an element that honestly none of our other Dmen can do and because it doesnt show up on a stat sheet a lot of people wont notice, but the guy is a gamer and I appreciate the elements he brings

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Even if we don't get a Byfield which we 99.9% won't the trajectory this team is on with the talent currently here and the prospects who will be ready to pop in the next year or two, even if we didn't get a studly prospect in the draft this year, we still are on track to be a playoff team as soon as possibly next year and very likely Cup contender material 3-4 years from now.

So I'm going to disagree with you here my friend. We should be winning as much as we possibly can and build a winning culture here and that's why this year has been awesome. We are winning the majority of our games with the youngest team in the league and we very likely found the heir apparent to the King in Shesty, which is the most important thing that has happened

So more and more winning is the recipe for success NOT losing to move up a spot of two in, as I said earlier, is already a very deep draft where we should find a very nice prospect at the 12-13 spot or wherever it is we end up picking.
Alright you’ve kind of convinced me.

Reactions: Maximus

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Especially since most of this team's kids and prospects are defensemen. We could survive Andersson busting, but it is critical that Chytil becomes at least a 2C. Chytil-Kakko-Fox-Shesterkin is really the foundation of this team's next 5-10 years.
Exactly my thoughts. I would also add ADA (but he’s already 24) and Kravtsov (but he hasn’t proven anything at the NHL level yet). But man I would love Kravtsov to become a really good top 6 winger. Having him, Kakko, Chytil, Zibanejad, and Panarin in the top 6 would be amazing. Skill overload. Great mix of vets, established players, and young guys. Maybe Kreider as well to balance things out and not have all pure skill guys.

Reactions: Maximus

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Turns 22 in a week, what a beast.
People were concerned about hitting the rookie wall, but I think the exact opposite has happened lol.

Adam Fox, 2019-2020
upload_2020-2-14_0-3-8.png

upload_2020-2-14_0-4-27.png

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I think he's been doing it for longer than that, but this is a results oriented world. If he doesn't score or it doesn't lead to a goal, people seem to discount it. Just my opinion.

He's been playing well agreed. As I also said on the game day thread, Buchie might have THE worst puck luck in the entire league. Seriously, I watch a ton of hockey due to my fantasy shit I do and cause I love the sport, I can't think of anyone who has worse luck than Buch when it comes to scoring goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad