Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs SENS, Saturday 1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’m still pissed this morning about the Stuetzle embellishment call. So hard to change a reputation in this league. Dorion needs to talk to the head of officiating and lose his shit. DJ should take the fine next time it happens.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I’m still pissed this morning about the Stuetzle embellishment call. So hard to change a reputation in this league. Dorion needs to talk to the head of officiating and lose his shit. DJ should take the fine next time it happens.
The refs embarrassed themselves all game. Missed a too many men penalty, the embellishment call, the insane icing call, the hack and hook-a-thon up and down the ice all game. It's like they told them they need to crackdown on cross-checking and the refs were like "no problem, drop everything else and focus on cross-checking, got it".

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Was at the game, and purchased three extra tix for my daughter and her cousins, and they loved the game. She already asked to go back! Cameron Hughes is back and did a great job to wake people up. But the fans were into it and , again, a different energy this year.

Tim Stutzle is worth the price of admission. He is undeniable live, and clearly a star in the making. People will come.

Zub is the best defenceman on this team, and probably had his best game yesterday, ever. He just does everything well, and they are going to have to pony up large for him. The fans chanting his name is awesome...he has got to love it.

Tough lessons, and as soon as Kelly had the penalty and Paul in the box, and poor Logan Shaw out there, well, that is that. But I can live with this lesson in October. Nick was feeling it, leading the team and his emotions got the better of him. 91 was running around all game, and we had no one take care of it, obviously with the tight score, but good on him to agitate and create havoc for his team.

Five games in , 2-3 record. 10 goals allowed. That has to be a minor victory of sorts, combined with stellar goaltending, but , like it or not, the defence are doing the job. Forwards are snake bit right now, but they will eventually go in. Our first line is not cutting it, and Batherson continues to force pucks when he clearly has the skill to do something better. His decision making has been atrocious.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Amazing to lose a 2 goal lead and the game in the final ~5. Not a good loss at all imo. Not at all.

No not a good loss. But Murray getting injured and forsberg coming in cold is what set the game in that direction. If krieder doesn't knee Murray its a totally different game.

the senators unraveled. So hopefully its a learning experience for them. Paul learns to pick his spots better.

The good news is the sens controlled large chunks of that game against what most would call a superior team in the rangers.

I saw more good than bad in that game. Despite the horrendous final quarter of the third.

Reactions: Deku

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Unrelated to the yesterdays game but still can't believe this idiot brought this shit to a game to try to scare people while being at the game. Such a Karen thing to do.

Reactions: Fandlauer

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
No not a good loss. But Murray getting injured and forsberg coming in cold is what set the game in that direction. If krieder doesn't knee Murray its a totally different game.

the senators unraveled. So hopefully its a learning experience for them. Paul learns to pick his spots better.

The good news is the sens controlled large chunks of that game against what most would call a superior team in the rangers.

I saw more good than bad in that game. Despite the horrendous final quarter of the third.
I was thinking that about Paul too. Too important to fight a nobody late in a game.

We'll learn from it hopefully. I just finished seeing it and knee jerk was that they need to find a way to win, but after 10 minutes of ruminating while i unclogged a toilet, it can be taken as a lesson.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Coach DJ called out Paul for the loss. Basically said he can’t have 2C gone for the last part of the 3rd period. Messed up all the lines. Then they take a penalty, etc.

On another note, why is Kreider given the benefit of the doubt on kneeing Murray? I find that astounding. He has taken out at least a dozen goalies in his career. There are news articles all the way back to 2014 or so, wondering why the league doesn’t come down on him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This sort of thinking serves to ensure that the Sens remain perpetually mediocre, as they've been essentially since 2007.

Good loss? You're kidding me right?
I can assure you my feelings about the game yesterday will not affect dorion and melnyk or how they build the team or how the players develop.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Coach DJ called out Paul for the loss. Basically said he can’t have 2C gone for the last part of the 3rd period. Messed up all the lines. Then they take a penalty, etc.

On another note, why is Kreider given the benefit of the doubt on kneeing Murray? I find that astounding. He has taken out at least a dozen goalies in his career. There are news articles all the way back to 2014 or so, wondering why the league doesn’t come down on him.
DJ liked to blame players I find when things go haywire

Reactions: Pierre from Orleans

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: slamigo

SENSational

Mar 26, 2004
Ottawa
That was just a game that should've been won. Stupid by DJ to call out Paul when it's so early in the season. He should've called a timeout after the first rags goal and Murray got injured.

Georgiev played great, otherwise the game would've been out of reach.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
We kinda did right until Pauls' fight at 10:06. Rangers had nothing before that despite having to play from behind.

upload_2021-10-24_11-12-35.png

Reactions: K1900L

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Eh, we pretty much dominated for most of the game.

Check out the Expected Goals.

MoneyPuck.com

Stutzle was the most dominant skater to no ones surprise.

Obviously the two points are what is important, but we carried the run of play for massive portions of the game.

Right, it is refreshing when we are not hemmed in for huge swaths of the game. The defence is getting well supported by the forwards so far

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

I don’t get that either. Jimmy gets a rough ride from the refs due to his reputation after less than a full season. When Foligno played for the Sens and was always in the goalies grill he started getting questionable GI calls. Kreider actually injures guys and goes scott free.

Nope. Funny how the philosophy was to build a tough team, but we really don't have an answer for that kind of thing, or a guy like Reaves who could thwart that kind of thing from becoming too much of a thing.

Meh, ignore Kreider and run Shesterkin (if they dress him against the Sens).

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That was just a game that should've been won. Stupid by DJ to call out Paul when it's so early in the season. He should've called a timeout after the first rags goal and Murray got injured.

Georgiev played great, otherwise the game would've been out of reach.
Paul called himself out after the game.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I have no problem with Paul dropping the mits, not one.

What I take issue with is Logan Shawn on the PK when Norris and Tierney exist.

The fact that our 4th line is a liability is what killed us.

Remember when we traded for Stälberg, Burrows, Wingels to boost our playoff run lineup? Those sorts of trades need to be made YESTERDAY.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I have no problem with Paul dropping the mits, not one.

What I take issue with is Logan Shawn on the PK when Norris and Tierney exist.

The fact that our 4th line is a liability is what killed us.

Remember when we traded for Stälberg, Burrows, Wingels to boost our playoff run lineup? Those sorts of trades need to be made YESTERDAY.

We’re not trying to make the playoffs this year, from an ‘rush to get assets’ standpoint though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad