Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs SENS, Saturday 1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think Dorion needs to man up and take a fine. Cal out the referees for their unwillingness to treat Stu fairly. It all started in his first game against Montreal last year and it’s never stopped. Just ridiculous, the kid is electric and for some reason he is treated like shit.

This “pay your dues and earn your calls” mentality is crap.

You see the same treatment of rookies in the NBA.

It’s hilarious to think that Trouba committing a flagrant infraction on a player he had no hope of stopping played a huge role in winning the game.

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
Lots of positives in the game though.

Stutzle and Zub played like complete champs.

Murray showed that when healthy and his head is on straight, he's capable of spectacular play.

BDN demonstrating incredible value in any situation. Needs to stay out of the box.

I was impressed by the immediate Norris and Stutzle play review on the tablet after a failed PP (is that the norm now? I was still impressed).

The players and especially DJ Smith need to turn this game into a learning experience. IMO DJS should have read the room at 2-1 and called a timeout, collected the team together, additionally allowing Forsberg some more time to acclimatize. He needs to have better foresight on his matchups in the tail end of the game when specific players are out although admittedly his selections were limited by the injuries the team had.

Hot take: Having a designated C as opposed to all As may allow a leader on ice to better shake things off (e.g. after the 2-2 goal) when things go awry. I know Tkachuk and Chabot and others lead regardless, so this is admittedly a fire-hot take.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Comedy of errors to close this one out, a well. I was frustrated at the time but have seriously mellowed put.

I’ll tell you what, we look soooooooo much better to start the year this year.

Paul was awesome today and while he looks great with Stu, he is clearly an extremely effective checking centre. Good to know.

Brady is weeks behind everyone at this point and it shows, but he’ll get there. 7 years!

Murray was flat out awesome, and now has a concussion, fuuuuu.

Jimmy is looking so dangerous, oh my, but he has to get the whine out of his game so the refs don’t target him. Shitty call on him cost us.

Zub looked great in the Ozone, great to see, him and Chabot are filthy together.

We dominated that game for the most part which was great to see. They have a ton of really top notch skill guys who’s names we rarely heard.

Closing out wins is something this young team needs to experience to get it. We already know we can do the come backs, but it’s playing with a lead that has its own areas of growth.

On to the next one fellas!

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
I think Dorion needs to man up and take a fine. Cal out the referees for their unwillingness to treat Stu fairly. It all started in his first game against Montreal last year and it’s never stopped. Just ridiculous, the kid is electric and for some reason he is treated like shit.

I agree 100% with this - plus it really sets the tone that the GM is on the team's side.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
That was a legit knee to the head on Murray. Krieder was pretty much leaping into Murray knee first.

It’s a shitty stretch, but nothing looks like injury proneness per se like Logan Brown. Or Pascal….

Sick, and then knee to the head. So shitty.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Pretty tough sequence with the Kreider goal considering Murray's current play and injury history, the Jimmy call is tough but I also feel ya gotta hold it down after that....at least get to ot, beyond tough loss after virtually dominating for 55ish mins.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Man f*** these dollar store no name brand refs the NHL has. How many years have we been complaining about the quality of reffing in this league? MLB is on the verge of AI strike zones, the NBA has a pretty decent handle on their reffing situation and the NFL let’s teams review damn near everything. Only in the NHL do they talk about game management. You know what? I don’t care about game management just call a penalty a penalty.

That embellishment they called on Stutzle? I mean come on, that was so embarrassing.

Reactions: Cosmix

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Did anybody lay out Kreider? Missed the game.

^This.

I missed the game, but saw the highlights of what he did. Kreider has a rep, and he isn't deserving of the benefit of the doubt on Murray, and definitely threw a dangerous hit on Norris.

Dorion better be on the phone to the NHL and call this shit out. If the NHL doesn't at least fine Kreider, then I want some goons on the ice for the next game against them.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
^This.

I missed the game, but saw the highlights of what he did. Kreider has a rep, and he isn't deserving of the benefit of the doubt on Murray, and definitely threw a dangerous hit on Norris.

Dorion better be on the phone to the NHL and call this shit out. If the NHL doesn't at least fine Kreider, then I want some goons on the ice for the next game against them.

A goon like Josh Brown for example?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Whoever we have protecting the kids in Belleville. I don't want any of our regulars wrecking their hands.

Yeah but J. Brown should not be a regular on a legit NHL team. If he's not the goon who is somewhat dispensable then what is he? We're not playing smaller, better players in favour of him. If he can't deal with this then he is basically useless.

Compare him to Matt Carkner (who was just as good or better) and you have guy who would swallow a suspension, broken hands and bad press to defend his team. THAT'S the kind of "tough" player I want. That is if we want to have a tough defenseman.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Guess this means Reeves will have to punch up Sabourin.

can’t have goalies getting injured

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
^This.

Well, we won’t scare the NYR much… they also have Ryan Reaves. Who can fight him? Josh Brown? He usually lose his fight against normal guy, not sure what he can do vs Reaves if he go after Kreider.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The official highlights really piss me off sometimes. Murray gets injured by a NYR player, they have to put in a cold goalie and NY turns the game around as a result and I have to find all that out from the GDT because the highlights don't show any of that, just a miracle turnaround by the Rags, all feel-goody. You see this all the time, any big controversies get left out of the highlights as a rule, even though so often it's all anybody else is talking about

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The official highlights really piss me off sometimes. Murray gets injured by a NYR player, they have to put in a cold goalie and NY turns the game around as a result and I have to find all that out from the GDT because the highlights don't show any of that, just a miracle turnaround by the Rags, all feel-goody. You see this all the time, any big controversies get left out of the highlights as a rule, even though so often it's all anybody else is talking about

Nah, that's just a Sens thing. All the Leafs fans want to see is the Sens loss, not why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad