GDT: Rangers vs Senators | Home Opener | Saturday Oct. 5 | 7 PM | CityTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Thought Chlapik was one of the only guys to make the most of his ice time last game. He deserves time in Bathersons spot if anything, let Batherson compose himself.

How about we don't sit any of the kids just yet. How about letting them breathe a bit. If by game 7,8 or 10 they still struggle then you give them a break?

Reactions: DrEasy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How about we don't sit any of the kids just yet. How about letting them breathe a bit. If by game 7,8 or 10 they still struggle then you give them a break?
Nothing wrong with sitting kids, especially when they are shell shocked.

Sabourin is the obvious sit in normal circumstances, but he has earned his keep as of now.

If Chlapik was to stay in, it would be at Batherson’s expense at this moment.

Reactions: coladin

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Thought Chlapik was one of the only guys to make the most of his ice time last game. He deserves time in Bathersons spot if anything, let Batherson compose himself.
Chlapik has been pretty good every chance he's gotten up here imo. Like lots of young players he has to learn to stay on his feet .. which requires focusing on that, but he can contribute. I dislike having kids sit. If they are on the roster play them. You carry 13 forwards find someone else to sit. Chlapik would be a very good add to Belleville. If he wants the vets in the lineup. Bring Rodewald up and sit him . I think Chlapik still has a chance to develop into a good player. He had just over 5 minutes of ice game 1.

Agree on Batherson needing something.. maybe a game off would help, I personally think he needs to find his game here or in Belleville. If he's in the lineup , which he seems to be today, I would rather see him with White and Tkachuk getting lots of ice to find his game vs the 4th line, getting the Chlapik treatment from game 1.

Reactions: DrEasy

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Nothing wrong with sitting kids, especially when they are shell shocked.

Sabourin is the obvious sit in normal circumstances, but he has earned his keep as of now.

If Chlapik was to stay in, it would be at Batherson’s expense at this moment.

I have no issues in sitting kids, but after one game? And is Chlapik the most deserved one? I doubt it. You let them play and you late them make mistakes. That's how they will learn. Boucher was bad at reprimanding the young players after making mistakes, creating scared players. As I mentioned, let the kids play for a bit, if after the 5 game mark they are playing "shell shocked" by all means sit them down or even better send them down to the A.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not sure what the context is here.

Maybe its about Batherson. Maybe its about sending Brown down :laugh:. He does realize Chlapik is a young player right?

JG Stone

Oct 5, 2019
Should be exciting. Looks like there is a little more to look forward to this year. Any super fans here looking for seats? I may have two extra tickets to give out.

Throw in a ride in the Ferrari and you got a deal :thumbu:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Chlapik only had 5:20 of ice time last game despite setting up Sabourin for his goal. Looks like we got a coach's meritocracy on our hands here.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Rangers were able to trade a declining player for a 1C and a 2nd round pick to help their rebuild.

I only got to watch the highlights of the Toronto game, but our team has some jam and some skill. I think we will be alright. Of course I also don't mind if we tank for the #1 pick.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Chlapik only had 5:20 of ice time last game despite setting up Sabourin for his goal. Looks like we got a coach's meritocracy on our hands here.

Oh boy. Great judgement after one game.

Let's see what happens after maybe 20 games before we put the anti-DJ sentiment forward.

Buckled up for a long season of hot takes. :DD

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Oh boy. Great judgement after one game.

Let's see what happens after maybe 20 games before we put the anti-DJ sentiment forward.

Buckled up for a long season of hot takes. :DD
Am I allowed to judge preseason and the offseason moves too? Is that allowed? Can you clarify the rules because its hard to follow it all on the fly.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Am I allowed to judge preseason and the offseason moves too? Is that allowed? Can you clarify the rules because its hard to follow it all on the fly.

1b0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad