Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerDude

Mar 8, 2015
This game feels like a loss to me. I know the Panthers are dangerous, but I feel like they took out our manhood and the only person to sack up was Talbot. Awful game. Didn't feel like we're even a good team. Felt like an 11-12 win.

The team is first in the NHL. They had a bad game, maybe a couple of bad games that they shouldn't have won but they did, that's a good thing right?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I hope Marty's injury isn't serious, but it really didn't look good. Combine that with his age, and I fear the worst.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Teams will go through lulls in a season, the team is leading the league in points and ROW wins and just came off a 4-0 week and we're complaining about these wins feeling like losses. I think a lot of teams wish they had our problems.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Looks like it might be long term...

You never know with a knee, but I am pretty optimistic.

Didn't see him say it popped either, that would be real bad career bad. Looked like a hyper extension more than something snapping ...

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
Can we stop saying something in his leg 'popped' unless you're a professional lip reader?

Its very easy to misinterpret.

See below:

RangersOwnNewYork*

God that was a terrible, awful game.

2 points tho.

No win is a terrible, awful game. None. Good teams win when they don't play their best. Sometimes its the offense, sometimes it's the defense, and sometimes it's the goaltending like tonight. A lot of games this team has all 3 working for them, not tonight though but still 2 points.

jacko23

Powerplay Merchant
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
Another day another win. When you play badly and win, you have a good team, especially when it comes against a desperate team.

I am not saying that these guys are above criticism, but I hope all of the negative posters understand that they are nitpicking at this point. If you watch all of the other teams and are honestly still "concerned" or "worried" about a certain aspect of the Rangers game, and it's not really just a matter of perspective (or lack thereof) because the team you like is under the microscope, then man, I dunno.

This team is awesome. Absolutely deserving of their place atop the league. Whether or not they win the Cup will come down to luck and bounces, as always, but they are as good as any other team right now. Enjoy it.

the only thing that worries me is making the playoffs and taking every series to 7 games. i mean yes, THATS Rangers hockey, but id like to have the boys not play every game possible in a deep playoff run.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
As much as MSL hasn't look good for the majority of the season, he'd still be a huge loss if we don't have him in the playoffs.

Hope it's a 3-4 week injury if need be like Klein's.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Must say that this has been by far the ugliest winning streak of the year. Also guessing this is Nash's longest dry spell of the year? Hope the offense gets going again

Agreed but the panthers also Played yesterday as well. Just was a case of panthers playing for their season. Was expecting that for sure .

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Doubt its even this long.

Need to reiterate this before people freak out: He skated to the bench and to the locker room with out any assistance.

True just thinking I don't mind Id it's regular season if he needs rest . We shall see

BwayBshirt

Mar 31, 2004
My NY State of Mind
First home game off a long trip...people need to chill.

Hope St. Louis is ok.

Everyone will get their wish, Sheppard is gonna stay in the lineup for a while....or at least the next game lol.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
The Rangers pushed back hard in the 3rd, which made that period very entertaining. Had they lost, I would have said it wasn't their night, but Cam wanted none of that.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Stepan has proven to me on a few occasions how integral he is to the team.
For whatever reason, he is not operating at his best. I hope he starts to again soon.

It won't be a popular opinion here but I think Stepan is a poor playoff performance away from finding himself on another team next year.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Another day another win. When you play badly and win, you have a good team, especially when it comes against a desperate team.

I am not saying that these guys are above criticism, but I hope all of the negative posters understand that they are nitpicking at this point. If you watch all of the other teams and are honestly still "concerned" or "worried" about a certain aspect of the Rangers game, and it's not really just a matter of perspective (or lack thereof) because the team you like is under the microscope, then man, I dunno.

This team is awesome. Absolutely deserving of their place atop the league. Whether or not they win the Cup will come down to luck and bounces, as always, but they are as good as any other team right now. Enjoy it.

Well said, Synergy. Well said.

I couldn't care less if the Panthers had 2034309545 attempted shots and a +2394754957435 Corsi. To be a good team, you HAVE to win these type of games. It's just how being a good team works.

Not every game is going to be pretty. Not every game is going to be a 4+ goal win. This is a fantastic, fantastic hockey team and they won through a ton of adversity today.

It's a shame that some aren't going to acknowledge that, though. It truly is nitpicking at its most annoying.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
When the Rangers have a game like detroit had against philly or a weekend like pitt had feel free to complain. When they win 4 straight on the road come home in the second of back to backs and gut out an ugly 2-1 win against a desperate team pipe down jesus

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It won't be a popular opinion here but I think Stepan is a poor playoff performance away from finding himself on another team next year.

Stepan has Callahan-itis. I don't know what it is but every time the playoffs roll around he chokes. He wasn't awful last year but the amount of gimme goals he missed was concerning. I think the guy shrinks when he faces adversity.

RangerDude

Mar 8, 2015
No because we're not winning more than a game in a series if we play this terribly.

Who knows how they will play in the playoffs, the only conclusion I can draw is they will be good based on the other 68 games they played.
1 or 2 bad games is insignificant noise.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
See this is the thing...a good team wins even when their game is off.

Not to mention you have a guy nobody heard of playing some pretty decent goal keep.

So in actual fact, the glass is half full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad