Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Maple Leafs / Rangers vs. Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Guys I'm watching but I'm not seeing it why all the love for Kevin Hayes? What I see is a very slow footed skater who isn't physical at all doesn't win many FO's and has zero scoring touch..Decent set up man but what else is he bringing to the table? To me...gasp...JT should be up playing over him

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Guys I'm watching but I'm not seeing it why all the love for Kevin Hayes? What I see is a very slow footed skater who isn't physical at all doesn't win many FO's and has zero scoring touch..Decent set up man but what else is he bringing to the table? To me...gasp...JT should be up playing over him

See jt can't do any of those things and he sucks on defense. That's why. And he is physical in terms of using his body to shield the puck and his reach to get the puck. Miller just, sucks.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
What is that tweet referring to with Kaberle. I thought his first day of skating would be today. That doesn't mean anything does it?

Why in Gods name would we sign him at this point. Looks like Boyle & Moore will be back next week. Hunwick is more then fine. Kostka and Allen are #7&8

Because Sather always wants another "solid/proven" veteran defenseman on the roster.

Of course, looking at his choices over the years makes one wonder why, but he's the Man Behind the Curtain and he can sign whomever he wants.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I would take kaberle in a heartbeat over kostka i can't imagine why anyone is complaining over him. He has a nice shot on the PP, too.

It's not like he's worse than J.Moore. Hell, Kaberle at least wouldn't be a black hole offense as J.Moore has been this year

Of course i wouldn't hesitate to trade him for a pick as soon as our D is ready to go but that won't be for another 4-6 weeks so again i don't see why the complaining.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
again what has Miller done to deserve the call up? Is he even scoring in the A? Because if he's NHL ready he'd be lighting it up down there.

Why don't you take the 10 seconds from your super busy HFBoards browsing schedule and check the Wolfpack thread?

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Nash Stepan St. Louis
Kreider Brassard Zuccarello
Hagelin Hayes Stempniak
Duclair Moore Glass

That's what I want it to look like.

Vickers8

Hayes has great hands, vision and size. Calm with the puck, a very smart player. Miller has shown next to nothing.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY

Based on?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Two rookies, one 19, the other can't win a faceoff, are put at even strength with Tanner Glass, the worst possession player on the roster.

Vigneault talks about wanting 4 lines, and he puts a line together that will most likely get no ice time.

Two thirda of what should be the fourth line playing in the top nine. And two players that should be distributed amongst the top 9 on the bottom line with the worst forward on the roster (other than Malone).

Vigneault is one of the smartest coaches in the league, but not impervious to questionable decisons.

Is that line going to get 10-14 minutes? Or are they going to get 8? If its 8 its a waste of time for everyone.

Distribute the veteran leaders, split up the rookies and put them veteran leaders. Roll 4 lines that can contribute.

Good post, I agree with most of it.

That line has the potential to be a possession horror, but, it's also a responsible one defensively. Hayes has been very cool and calm in the Rangers zone. 5v5 Hayes is -1 in goal differential. Duclair is +5. Glass is -7 (LOL).

We've seen through the course of the game that AV also switches the lines up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Duclair or Hayes get extended minutes, ESPECIALLY if their game is on early.

As for your last point, which I have bolded, I get what you're saying. This Rangers team though, considering their centers, is pretty top-heavy with Stepan and Brass. I don't mind, especially on the road, if AV decides to load up.

If anything, I'd swap Hayes and Moore, and let Moore take some of the faceoffs for Hayes while switching on the fly.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If AV wanted to run this top 6 and at same time play moore over hayes I prob would have gone

Nash brass MSL
Kreider Stepan Zucc
Hags moore Duke
Glass hayes Stempniak

That gives us way more balance and a real 4th line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad