Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Maple Leafs / Rangers vs. Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: According to the gents and ladies at #NYR practice, Cam Talbot first off ice, so he'll play in Toronto Sat. Lundqvist home vs Oilers Sundayâ€

SupersonicMonkey*

I don't understand the decision to put the rookies together on the 4th line with Glass, and stack the top two lines.

Its the antithesis of what made the team successful last season.

http://snyrangersblog.com/

Its Tortorella era nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Two easy wins. Two good games to test some lines out with a fully healthy forward core.

Stepan will be pretty rusty, not expecting much from him for a few games.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Glad Stepan is back. Probably won't be too effective just getting back from the injury but these two games should serve well for transitioning back into it.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Hm. If we were going to give Talbot a game this weekend, I'd have given him Edmonton... but alas, AV is the coach and I am just a man sitting in his chair.

So happy to have Stepan back :nod:

LGR

SupersonicMonkey*

Duclair - Brassard - Nash
Kreider - Stepan - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Hayes - St. Louis
Glass - Moore - Stempniak

Is it that difficult, AV, to spread the vet leaders and have 4 effective lines...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Leafs and Oilers are both teams that can easily put up goals on you quick if you're not sharp, so the Rangers can't take these games lightly

Leafs might be struggling with some injuries though...Winnick might be out, Gardiner might be out as well, Kessel was struggling with some injury...

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Revenge on Leafs please.

o-MAPLE-LEAFS-570.jpg

BleedinBLUEsince92

Oct 30, 2009
Northern NJ
Duclair - Brassard - Nash
Kreider - Stepan - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Hayes - St. Louis
Glass - Moore - Stempniak

Is it that difficult, AV, to spread the vet leaders and have 4 effective lines...
Eh with what our record is over the past few games with all these injuries im going to trust what AV is doing. Still think Glass needs to be the hell off this team though.

SupersonicMonkey*

Moore - Stempniak

would make a great 4th line combo. We are supposed to be contending for a Cup. Not contending for middle of the Metro Division. There is more talent that should be playing above him.

There is NO reason to bury Duclair and Hayes together on a 4th line with Glass.

Then having Dominic Moore playing top 9 minutes?

Its all backwards.

Glass - Hayes - Duclair are going to get no ice time.

AV is stacking two lines, and will play 3.

It's stupid.

SupersonicMonkey*

Eh with what our record is over the past few games with all these injuries im going to trust what AV is doing. Still think Glass needs to be the hell off this team though.

Hanging on by a thread and losing two games in the SO.

Distribute the vet leaders, have more scoring lines, create more mismatches, have better chances to generate scoring opps.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I mean there has to be someone better in the organization to play 4LW..:laugh:

Where are the lines? People are complaining about the combos but I don't see any in this thread?

Edit: nvm in the Stepan thread.

@AGrossRecord: #NYR practice lines: Nash-Brassard-MSL Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello Hagelin-DMoore-Stempniak Glass-Hayes-Duclair

Let's be honest, the Leafs and Oilers aren't exactly teams you need to be concerned with rolling 4 lines against lol.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: So, #NYR, in sum, will have Stepan, Talbot in lineup Sat in Toronto; Lundqvist Sunday, Boyle sometime next week, Hayes 4th line C & Kaberle?”

AHB*

Really don't see how people are putting Duke on the 1st line. He did not play well there. He has looked much better versus the less relative competition since he was bumped down.

This isn't a Torts 4th line where he'll play 3 minutes a night. This is a 4th line where he'll be getting 9-12 minutes a night. That's fantastic for development.

Now, in regards to balancing the lineup better....that I am not so sure about.

I'd probably lean towards something like this.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Duke-Brass-MSL
Hags-Hayes-Zucc
Blah-Moore-Stempniak

Although I'm slightly concerned about breaking up MSL and Nash. They have looked like one of the best, if not the best, duos in the NHL lately.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Two easy wins. Two good games to test some lines out with a fully healthy forward core.

Stepan will be pretty rusty, not expecting much from him for a few games.

Two easy wins. If only. There are no easy wins in today's NHL.

SupersonicMonkey*

Really don't see how people are putting Duke on the 1st line. He did not play well there. He has looked much better versus the less relative competition since he was bumped down.

This isn't a Torts 4th line where he'll play 3 minutes a night. This is a 4th line where he'll be getting 9-12 minutes a night. That's fantastic for development.

Now, in regards to balancing the lineup better....that I am not so sure about.

I'd probably lean towards something like this.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Duke-Brass-MSL
Hags-Hayes-Zucc
Blah-Moore-Stempniak

Although I'm slightly concerned about breaking up MSL and Nash. They have looked like one of the best, if not the best, duos in the NHL lately.

Don't really care who is where, as long as the rookies are split up. Because if they aren't, that means a waste of a line that won't see the ice. And Moore has no business being anything more than 4th line center when everyone is healthy.

Lets look at the past two years in the playoffs:

No depth = barely out of first round and a second round spanking by Boston.

Depth = SCF

Last edited by a moderator:

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Nash Brassard St. Louis
Kreider Stepan Zuccarello
Hagelin Hayes Stempniak
Duclair Moore Glass

If he really wants Duclair on the 4th line...

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
It's not like Duclair will be on the 4th line by the end of the game (I hope not, at least).

Just ****ing beat these teams. Please.

AHB*

What is that tweet referring to with Kaberle. I thought his first day of skating would be today. That doesn't mean anything does it?

Why in Gods name would we sign him at this point. Looks like Boyle & Moore will be back next week. Hunwick is more then fine. Kostka and Allen are #7&8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad