Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Maple Leafs / Rangers vs. Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravy121

Jul 19, 2006
What is that tweet referring to with Kaberle. I thought his first day of skating would be today. That doesn't mean anything does it?

Why in Gods name would we sign him at this point. Looks like Boyle & Moore will be back next week. Hunwick is more then fine. Kostka and Allen are #7&8

I read it as 'Kaberle is a question mark' --- http://snyrangersblog.com/ has AV's quotes, and that seems to be the case;

"On Tomas Kaberle, “It would be unfair to give a precise evaluation, this is the first time he has skated with our team. From what I saw, I liked a lot of things that I saw out there but it’s one skate. Unfortunately our schedule here moving forward with the back to backs and Monday being a mandatory day off, we aren’t going to have a lot of team skates and we will take it a day at a time with him and see what happens.†"

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
three line tortorella type hockey doesn't win championship

we need to run 4 lines and spread the kids out there aer only 2 rookies not that hard and they are both very talented and dependable defensively

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I would trust duke and hayes together on third line with hagelin no problem or if you really must go

hagelin moore duke
glass hayes stempniak

AHB*

I read it as 'Kaberle is a question mark' --- http://snyrangersblog.com/ has AV's quotes, and that seems to be the case;

"On Tomas Kaberle, “It would be unfair to give a precise evaluation, this is the first time he has skated with our team. From what I saw, I liked a lot of things that I saw out there but it’s one skate. Unfortunately our schedule here moving forward with the back to backs and Monday being a mandatory day off, we aren’t going to have a lot of team skates and we will take it a day at a time with him and see what happens.†"

Gotcha thanks. I really hope he doesn't stick.

SupersonicMonkey*

three line tortorella type hockey doesn't win championship

we need to run 4 lines and spread the kids out there aer only 2 rookies not that hard and they are both very talented and dependable defensively

Exactly.

SupersonicMonkey*

Here kids, we're going to chain this anchor to your legs. Now go have fun and try to score out there.

It's ridiculous.

They shouldn't be paired together to begin with, and on top of that they are saddled with Glass.

AV is having another brain aneurysm.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Gotcha thanks. I really hope he doesn't stick.

from the article:

On Anthony Duclair not being a top-nine player, “I lied….my thinking is that we are looking for more balance, whether you call it top 9, top 12, top 6, especially since we are playing back to back, I would like to have more of a 4 line rotation and I think that this gives us some pretty good balance. We will see how the guys play tomorrow. A lot of the games we have shortened the bench, it has to do with the players performance, not my willingness to play four lines. We are looking for more consistency, I think our game is coming along but we need more consistency from within our group. We are addressing that with them showing them the areas where we can be more consistent and if we can it will make us better.â€

Interesting... so he doesn't want to load up the top 6...

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It's ridiculous.

They shouldn't be paired together to begin with, and on top of that they are saddled with Glass.

AV is having another brain aneurysm.

No. Someone having a brain aneurysm would be a random poster on a message board thinking he knows more than the coach.

Express your differences in opinion with how AV coaches more productively, or provide factual evidence to support your claims.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
No. Someone having a brain aneurysm would be a random poster on a message board thinking he knows more than the coach.

Express your differences in opinion with how AV coaches more productively, or provide factual evidence to support your claims.

I wouldn't describe Vigneault as having a brain aneurysm, but Tanner Glass' terribleness is well established. There's no excuse for him being in the lineup, let alone pairing him with two skilled players.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Two easy wins. Two good games to test some lines out with a fully healthy forward core.

Stepan will be pretty rusty, not expecting much from him for a few games.

Lets hope the Rangers sweep this weekend

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Maybe when Glass and Hayes are together, everyone will see the difference between a guy with size and a guy with size who can play hockey well.

SupersonicMonkey*

Two rookies, one 19, the other can't win a faceoff, are put at even strength with Tanner Glass, the worst possession player on the roster.

Vigneault talks about wanting 4 lines, and he puts a line together that will most likely get no ice time.

Two thirda of what should be the fourth line playing in the top nine. And two players that should be distributed amongst the top 9 on the bottom line with the worst forward on the roster (other than Malone).

Vigneault is one of the smartest coaches in the league, but not impervious to questionable decisons.

Is that line going to get 10-14 minutes? Or are they going to get 8? If its 8 its a waste of time for everyone.

Distribute the veteran leaders, split up the rookies and put them veteran leaders. Roll 4 lines that can contribute.

SupersonicMonkey*

There are no such things as easy or guaranteed wins. Any team can beat any team on any given day. The minute you don't respect your opponent or underestimate them, they beat you.

And honestly, i'd approach every game as if it were an elimination playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad