Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Islanders: It's Miller Time

Kershaw

Nash, Richards, Stepan were completely non-existent today. Good thing we have good enough depth in Kreider and Miller to fill up for off nights.

PMantis24

LGR!
Nov 17, 2010
NYC
That was a very satifying win!

Miller
Lundqvist
McD

HM: Stralman

Love the Team America line.
Nash definitely has Rangeritis.
Our PP still needs a lot of work even though Miller scored on it.
Hank looking like Hank of old.

Never want to see Bickel again but we know we will. Boyle should come back for Asham and play 4th line minutes.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
First off, huge congrats to JT. Really made things happen out there. Coughed up the puck a few times but that's to be expected.

How could a third line grinder do that? :sarcasm:

Keys to the game:

1. Hank, welcome back! His best of the year.

2. What a difference Cally makes.

3. Splitting up GNR. Gabby-Richards-Pyatt looked great, all three of them played well. Surprised to see the Richards hate thought he looked good. Hags-Step-Nash had their moments but needs to SHOOT.

4. McD, Staal = beastmode.

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
Nash, Richards, Stepan were completely non-existent today. Good thing we have good enough depth in Kreider and Miller to fill up for off nights.

yeah richards had an assist but i didnt notice him much. i didnt see the gabby goal so i actually didnt notice him at all.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
-Stepan and Richards need to get their heads out of their behinds
-Gaborik was trying all night, except for the goal, not really his game
-Nash... ummm.
-Gilroy seems to have earned a permanent spot (#6 when G returns)
-Boyle must start to get worried that he might not be a regular top 12 forward and might have more nights in the pressbox
-Eminger may be the answer as the #7 Dman (5:53 tonight)
-Asham with 6:10 tonight.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Who is this guy wearing 97 and what has he done with Matt Gilroy's body?

I have to one-up you. Who is this guy wearing 6 and what has he done with Anton Stralman's body? (He led all Rangers in ice time with nearly 27 minutes.)

As for that third pair, I'll gladly have Eminger and Gilroy on that third pair...anyone but Bickel. When Girardi comes back - it could be Stralman and Gilroy as the bottom pair, but Gilroy can give a good 10-13 minutes.

As for Boyle---I think that he could end up traded soon. Rupp could have been in this situation too had he not been traded.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Miller makes some rookie mistakes like passes he shouldn't be making, but that's stuff he should learn as he plays. Not gonna learn otherwise playing in the AHL

Kreider looked kinda rough, needed to fight a little better on the boards and didn't manage to get open with the puck for a shot

Lines looked better though, I like the 4th line now. Nash's line needs to play better but overall they could roll with these for awhile

KreiMeARiver*

Next year---when he can pick his own number. (Ironically, the NHL Shop at Rockefeller Center is selling Chris Kreider shirts.) Otherwise, it would be like a Girardi-46 or a Dubi-54 jersey.

absolutely... haha

I ordered my Kreider jersey last year from there as soon as he got 20.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Did anyone else think Nash was having a skate problem tonight?

Some very uncharacteristic moments from him that I can only imagine was an equipment problem.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Miller makes some rookie mistakes like passes he shouldn't be making, but that's stuff he should learn as he plays. Not gonna learn otherwise playing in the AHL

Kreider looked kinda rough, needed to fight a little better on the boards and didn't manage to get open with the puck for a shot

Lines looked better though, I like the 4th line now. Nash's line needs to play better but overall they could roll with these for awhile
I thought kreider was fine. Obviously JT was great but kreids made some good passes and he was open he just didnt get the puck. I think he is still working himself into 100% health

Maaxse

Aug 23, 2011
Montreal
I thought kreider was fine. Obviously JT was great but kreids made some good passes and he was open he just didnt get the puck. I think he is still working himself into 100% health

Yeah he looked slightly slower than the usual. He will get there eventually.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
If Stepan, Gaborik, Nash and Richards could get their shtik together, imagine what kind of team this would be, as you have Callahan, Pyatt, Kreider and Hagelin behind them, plus good foot soldiers in Powe and Halpern, and now you have Miller coming in and turning heads..

- Boyle
- Asham
- Bickel
+ 2-3 more good foot soldiers

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Miller
Kreider
Stralman

I was gunna say McD but after not passing to Miller for the hatty I took him away. ohhh snap no he didn't!

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If Stepan, Gaborik, Nash and Richards could get their shtik together, imagine what kind of team this would be, as you have Callahan, Pyatt, Kreider and Hagelin behind them, plus good foot soldiers in Powe and Halpern, and now you have Miller coming in and turning heads..

- Boyle
- Asham
- Bickel

I'm not worried about either Gabs or Nash. Richards looking old and slow so far

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Oh we agree, I thought he had a good game! Just slower.

I thought he seemed quicker in a short area, but that might have just been him being more decisive. He does seem mentally like he is starting to grasp the system much better.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012

- Boyle
- Asham
- Bickel

If they can get a used puck bag for Bickel, they should do it now. They should use the spot to bring up Fearrio, or Mashinter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad