Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Islanders: It's Miller Time

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Still dont understand the LOVE for Boyle. I mean he is ok i guess but poeple get mad because others are critical of Boyle. the reason we are critical is because he has sucked. The two kids have done more in 2 games than Boyle has done. Now i have no problem bringing Boyle to the 4th line but he better start haveing better games

It's not love, it's simply respect for someone who took his career 180 degrees from where it was headed.

Critical is one thing. Crazy is another. 2 games vs 2 seasons. Nicely under scores the point I was trying to make. I'll leave it at that.

/

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
What is forgotten by many is that until Boyle had Tort's as a coach, he was a marginal NHLer. Now any team in the league would take him in a heart beat. Boyle will be back, and likely better than before imo. The obtuse, willfully ignorant view of Boyle, his role and value to the team are beyond silly around here. The guy is an asset. If he wasn't, he would be gone yesterday.

Tossing around words like ignorant is fun. Personally, I think that those who consider Boyle more than a barely adequate 3rd line C to be willfully ignorant and obtuse. And here we are. ;)

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Still dont understand the LOVE for Boyle. I mean he is ok i guess but poeple get mad because others are critical of Boyle. the reason we are critical is because he has sucked. The two kids have done more in 2 games than Boyle has done. Now i have no problem bringing Boyle to the 4th line but he better start haveing better games

I don't think it's love for Boyle and hate for criticism of him as much as some people are saying he's a useless, AHL, I think I even read ECHL talent at one point, and that is all bologna. He's an NHL caliber player who is a strong on defense. He's had a rough start to the season just like about half of the roster has. Miller stepped into his spot and has played very well so far but it's been 2 games. I hope Miller plays well enough to keep the spot, but we have to wait and see if that actually happens or not.

Bardof425*

What is forgotten by many is that until Boyle had Tort's as a coach, he was a marginal NHLer. Now any team in the league would take him in a heart beat. Boyle will be back, and likely better than before imo. The obtuse, willfully ignorant view of Boyle, his role and value to the team are beyond silly around here. The guy is an asset. If he wasn't, he would be gone yesterday.

Obtuse? And your family told you that your 5th grade education would never help you in life? Without doing a ton of research, the Bruins and the Devils would have absolutely no interest in this guy especially at his salary. They are both getting better output from their 4th liners for less of a cost. The guy as stated A MILLION TIMES (which you willfully ignore; see what I did there?) can play on the 4th line. No problem. He's fine in that role; nothing great. Fine. But all this chatter about him being a good 3rd line player or someone who should get PP time because he's big is truly what's silly. I agree he is an asset; just not an overly valuable one.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not if they don't play the game at all...which was what I thought he was stating.

Oh, I heard it was moved to 7 and that's what NHL.com said last time I checked. Oh well, should be able to win at home against a struggling (albeit good) team even with some rest. It's not like we're the Blue Jackets that need all sorts of breaks to go our way, or if it's the Pens. Though I have a feeling the Pens would blow us out if they were playing their 20th straight game. :cry:

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Obtuse? And your family told you that your 5th grade education would never help you in life? Without doing a ton of research, the Bruins and the Devils would have absolutely no interest in this guy especially at his salary. They are both getting better output from their 4th liners for less of a cost. The guy as stated A MILLION TIMES (which you willfully ignore; see what I did there?) can play on the 4th line. No problem. He's fine in that role; nothing great. Fine. But all this chatter about him being a good 3rd line player or someone who should get PP time because he's big is truly what's silly. I agree he is an asset; just not an overly valuable one.

You don't need a fifth grade education to see that Boyle is a pretty good hockey player. Not great mind you, but decent. Forgetting everything you learned after the 5th grade might explain how people come up with some of the silliness that is said about Boyle. In that sense, I think obtuse or ignorant is being charitable so I'll make this easy.

We have a coach who is very spare when it comes to giving compliments to players. Go back, listen to what he has said about Brian Boyle the last two seasons.

Does the guy need to be handled gently? Of course not. Tort's certainly has not held back when it was appropriate. Fair criticism is always called for. But saying some of the things that have been said as recently as within the last few posts merits the comments I've made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->