3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
One other thing to keep in mind with our resurgence has been the crazy amount of home games we've had. The schedule gets much tougher soon with lots of road trips. Once we're playing two road games for every home game (the opposite of what we've done to this point) we'll get a better picture of where we really stand. This upcoming NJ game will be a good test.

so another home game?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The resurgence has been all Hank. Including last night where he stopped a ton of high quality chances against. Which is not different from league as a whole - you need good goaltending to make a difference.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The resurgence has been all Hank. Including last night where he stopped a ton of high quality chances against. Which is not different from league as a whole - you need good goaltending to make a difference.
This is very true. I just read an article on ESPN/538 about how scoring is up, shot are up, and penalties are way up (almost entirely due to slashing). And I listed those in order because that's kind of the flow--more goals from more shots from more penalties. So to succeed, you need a good PK and a good goalie (and we've all heard the adage about who on the team is the best penalty killer).

Here's the article if anyone wants to read it: The NHL Has Accomplished Its Goal(s)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I expect nothing less from the highest paid goalie in the world

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This is very true. I just read an article on ESPN/538 about how scoring is up, shot are up, and penalties are way up (almost entirely due to slashing). And I listed those in order because that's kind of the flow--more goals from more shots from more penalties. So to succeed, you need a good PK and a good goalie (and we've all heard the adage about who on the team is the best penalty killer).

Here's the article if anyone wants to read it: The NHL Has Accomplished Its Goal(s)
I've been saying this for years that goalie equipment has nothing to do with increasing scoring. All they had to do was go back to calling penalties.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I think most people are happy he is back to his old self. The problem is that some, you for instance, can't accept criticism when he is playing poorly. And earlier in the season he was. Now he is significantly better and making great saves. Something I expect him to do considering his status.

Of course most people like him. My post was about those that have personal issues with him and manifest it by criticizing the clothes he wear , what kind of car he drives or the fact that he attends fashion shows. Those people don't care whether he plays good or bad.

And this notion about me that I can't accept criticism against Hank is completely false. Engaging in discussions about whether or not a goal against was a softie doesn't mean I can't accept justified criticism. I am on the record stating that Hanks start to the season was dogshit. What I can't stand and will object to is posts claiming Hank is done, a sieve, not a NHL goalie anymore etc.

I would appreciate if you could stop with this mischaracterization of me.

Last edited:
Reactions: nyr2k2

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
@Siddi , you're pretty "moderate" when comes to Hank. There're more extreme Hank's "defenders" out there that AK had in mind with that post.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
How often does this happen though? The Senators were the only bad team in recent memory to make a run like that.

Not as often as before surprisingly. From 96 to 06 almost every year you saw a Cinderella in the final. For some reason it hasn't happened much since. I do think that the 11-12 Devils were pretty damn mediocre talent-wise. Nashville and LA, not mediocre teams but were both low seeds.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
@Siddi , you're pretty "moderate" when comes to Hank. There're more extreme Hank's "defenders" out there that AK had in mind with that post.

Yeah, but he used me as an example of some one who can't accept critic against Hank so I felt I had to clarify.

Other than that I have zero issues with AK. :thumbu:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah, but he used me as an example of some one who can't accept critic against Hank so I felt I had to clarify.

Other than that I have zero issues with AK. :thumbu:

Same here man. I have no issues with you at all. I used you as an example but you a re definitely not among the most extreme defenders. We have however, in the past argued about it and that's why I used you as an example.

No hard feelings though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We had them last year too when we were 19th.

Hayes has been better. Yes, Hank has been better and that's a huge difference.

The biggest thing IMO is getting Miller the hell off of it. He's an appallingly bad penalty killer. I'd rather have Tanner Glass on our PK than JT Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad