Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs Capitals - 12/27/17 - 8PM ET (NBCSN)

Who will be on the fourth line during morning skate?

• Zibanejad

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Buchnevich

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • JT Thriller

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Other (please comment who you think)

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I picked 'other' because I was going to give AV credit for using the break to go back to a more standard lineup. Then I remembered that Fast was injured, so... Miller.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Last year Zucc had couple of games on the 4th line for some shifts until he scored and was moved up again - it`s just an AV thing when guys don`t perform on the ice. It`s a method to indirectly tell his players he is not pleased with their game performance, and if the player is young and not experienced he sometimes need to sit some games too.

AV won`t sit Zib though as long he is healthy due to center depth, but he was benched in the last period due to turnovers. But our guys need to start executing and limit their mistakes - we have two losses now and hopefully we can bounce back with a win.

But no doubt that coaches in NHL usually value experienced players more compare to young prospects, and AV is not alone to have such an opinion - the hype around Lias & Chytil is just an HF thing in a coach view, because the coaching staff evaluate his current team while we discuss this and other young talents. :)

Last edited:

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
It's funny that every game seems like a must win game this year.

Every season really. We've put some distance between the other teams as the seasons have progressed, but every season seems bunched up like this. It's a bit ridiculous and it's fake parity to me. All these teams aren't really this close but whatever

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I usually support AV because I feel he gets way too much grief on this board. He has been a very good coach but I sometimes feel like he is playing Zooks with Nash just to torture me lol. AV I beg you please separate them for my own well being lol. :D

Reactions: Hellion and Ori

SnowFort

Mar 5, 2017
The new lines just dropped. Those sure are something... (Which means they suck)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The new lines just dropped. Those sure are something... (Which means they suck)
The Hayes line has been good in the past. I would make a few tweeks to the rest.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Nash-Desharnais-Buch
Vesey
-Nieves-Carey

Reactions: Hellion

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I have a difficult time giving a shit about this team when the coach is acting like a drunk behind the wheel

Putting names in a hat and making lines randomly is surely the best way to win

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I have never wanted a coach fired more than I want AV gone. Every good thing he’s ever done is erased in my mind at this point. I’d rather the Rangers shit the bed for the rest of the season and this guy get fired then them make the playoffs. The hate is that real. No respect whatsoever for this hump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad