Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs Capitals - 12/27/17 - 8PM ET (NBCSN)

Who will be on the fourth line during morning skate?

• Zibanejad

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Buchnevich

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • JT Thriller

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Other (please comment who you think)

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Besides the fourth line atrocity, the rest of these lines and pairs are so bad.

Zibanejad without Kreider, Desharnais at center, Vesey in the top 9, Zucc on a different line than Kreider if you are not going to play KZB together, the third line that got owned last year is back together, Skjei third pair, Staal on the right side, McDonagh-Holden, no accountability for Nick Holden's poor play.

We deserve like a 5-0 loss.

Reactions: Claxton

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Let's see how long he sticks to these lines. For the rangers sake hopefully not very long. These line combos....yeah..

Reactions: Ori

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
Woah, at least G has a house near Tampa now - he had some juicy turnovers in his career here. :)

Thankfully AV doesn't have Girardi or Dan Boyle around anymore. But the love affair with Nick Holden soldiers on. Every year he always finds a way to give the wrong players too much opportunity to succeed and glosses over their mistakes, and buries guys like Buchnevich the moment they have one bad shift/period/game.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
You know for all of the shit we say about the lineups, they're gonna go out and win like 8-2. Then we'll all complain about AV's shit-eating grin and how that lineup won in spite of everything we said.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
You know for all of the **** we say about the lineups, they're gonna go out and win like 8-2. Then we'll all complain about AV's ****-eating grin and how that lineup won in spite of everything we said.

If they do i will shut up about AV until next game.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
We certainly need it this evening - most appreciated.

Yeah, Vesey & AV, I don`t know what he sees in him - I notice this since our first 5 games of the season when he was abysmal. And he must really enjoy part of Vesey game which I seldom see, and Buch on the 4th is also questionable.

I`m with @NickyFotiu too this holiday season concerning Nash & Zucc, I also felt it`s not ideal for us to have them both on the same line.

Anyway I can`t decide to go for a healthy Greek salad in a bit, or a steak later this evening, pls. help! :)
Steak, always. After all you are not a cow to eat grass.:D

Reactions: Ori

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Besides the fourth line atrocity, the rest of these lines and pairs are so bad.

Zibanejad without Kreider, Desharnais at center, Vesey in the top 9, Zucc on a different line than Kreider if you are not going to play KZB together, the third line that got owned last year is back together, Skjei third pair, Staal on the right side, McDonagh-Holden, no accountability for Nick Holden's poor play.

We deserve like a 5-0 loss.
We can actually put the blame of this situation on KZB and their 3r period heroic performance against Vegas that saved this clown's ass.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
why isn't Hank playing? weird. Especially against a team like the Caps and having the Wings friday. Plus we haven't played since Saturday.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Brady will be set to yet carry another Dman he's paired with (albeit in playoffs last year Smith was terrific).
Good luck Brady

GregNYR89

Mar 8, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Here's an small segment from a Russian sports site. The writes is also questioning AV decision of putting PB on the 4th line. I've tried to translate it, hope it helps.

Наши в Америке: российские вратари снова на высоте

"Не понимаю, почему главный тренер "Рейнджерс" все сокращает и сокращает время Павла, при том, что он старается активно играть без шайбы, врезается в соперников, даже жертвуя возможностью занять позицию. Именно его активность при отборе помогла организовать вторую шайбу. Почти три минуты провел в большинстве и оцените, сколько времени Бучневич играет в равных составах. Как какой-то игрок четвертого звена."

"I do not understand why the head coach of the "Rangers" is reducing and shortening Pavel's time, despite the fact that he tries to play actively without a puck, checks the rivals, even sacrificing the opportunity to take a position. It was his activity in the selection helped to organize the second puck. He spent almost three minutes in the man advantage and estimate how long Buchnevich played in equal compositions. As a player of the fourth link."

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
All of this AV bashing is tiresome because AV isn't going to quit. Only the management above him can fire him.

At any company, if a worker is incompetent, the burden falls upon management to do something about it.

You're all angry with the wrong guy.

Reactions: bl02

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
At least we're not starting Lundqvist, so that's one thing we can't complain about...

...or can we?

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
At least we're not starting Lundqvist, so that's one thing we can't complain about...

...or can we?

As stated above by other poster I too find it strange that Pavs is playing tonight against a strong division rival when he could have had the Detroit start on friday instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad