Pre-Game Talk: Rangers V. Islanders - 10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
"Ya know, Glassy is a hard working guy, a great teammate, and he plays with a lot of grit. He's learned a lot these past few years, going from team to team, being a healthy scratch/benchwarmer when needed. He's a real valuable asset for us."

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
There's a reason Glass is widely considered one of the worst players in the NHL. It's a ****ing joke that he's probably going to play over a few of Fast/Miller/Hayes/Malone when everybody's healthy.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Hate that Kostka is in. Hunwick is by far the better skater. Kostka did not impress during preseason at all.

I am ok with Malone in. Fast and Miller had not been that good the last couple of games. If it were not the Islanders I would've liked to have seen Fast in over Glass. Having both Hayes and Malone in up front plus Kostka make us slower. But we do need a change. Need to try something different.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Hm... Well, for the record, at Hockey-Reference.com

Glass: CF% rel: -7.1%

Fast: CF% rel: +3.3%

Interesting that they'll have such wildly different numbers...

Haven't used the site but are you sure you're sorting by strictly this year? Find it hard to believe Fast has a positive corsi relative with how bad that 4th line has been.

AHB*

I'm 100% on your side, just pointing out the numbers. I posted it in another thread but for all the bashing Dorsett got, he could at least keep the cycle going on that 4th line and keep the shift going. He was nowhere near as bad as people made him out to be, just overpaid.

I know you are, I'm just fired up because this guy shouldn't be near this team!

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Well Kostka is taking the place of Klein, so....

so? I was just noting that that pairing will likely be a wreck in it's own zone. Didn't say "omg why isn't Klein there???". Honestly I think Staal-Kostka is a better option than the alternative because it lets us keep Moore and Klein together, but that second pairing will be ugly.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Please tell me Miller and Fast have Ebola or something and they arent actually being taken out...in favor of ****ing Ryan Malone.

I don't get it either. Play Miller already. Let Hayes develop in the minors. How hard is it to figure that out instead of jerking Miller around all the time?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
so? I was just noting that that pairing will likely be a wreck in it's own zone. Didn't say "omg why isn't Klein there???". Honestly I think Staal-Kostka is a better option than the alternative because it lets us keep Moore and Klein together, but that second pairing will be ugly.

I think Staal is very quietly having a nice season for us so far. +2 in 21 minutes against the Leafs the other night (LOL, +/-, I know)

theJUMPER

Feb 25, 2012
Corsi! Fenwick! PDOs!
1810.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad