Hagelin-Hayes-Zuccarello
Malone-DMoore-Glass."

https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/status/522032372108521473

"#NYR morning skate D-pairs:
McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Kostka
JMoore-Klein"

https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/status/522032622315520000

Love that Malone is getting a go. Fast and Miller out is a bit surprising. As is removing Hunwick, who I thought was okay... AV probably wants to go back ro L/R d pairings and see if that helps?

Hopefully Zucc can go tonight. I'd also swap him and Stempniak, despite Stemp's impressive play - I want Brass and Zucc together.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Loffen? :scared:

"#NYR morning skate lines: Duclair-MSL-Nash Kreider-Brassard-Stempniak Hagelin-Hayes-Zuccarello Malone-DMoore-Glass."

https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/status/522032372108521473

"#NYR morning skate D-pairs: McDonagh-Girardi Staal-Kostka JMoore-Klein"

https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/status/522032622315520000

Love that Malone is getting a go. Fast and Miller out is a bit surprising. As is removing Hunwick, who I thought was okay... AV probably wants to go back ro L/R d pairings and see if that helps?

Hopefully Zucc can go tonight.

I thought Hunwick was good. It is about time Malone gets a shot. This will be a tough game. Need Malone and Glass to use their size to lay some big hits.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I am relatively excited to see what Malone can do. Obviously in this game he will be needed, but moving forward, I would prefer Malone-Moore-Fast

AHB*

We're probably gonna loose this one

Probably gonna get a little loose at this one.

Prefer Glass out, but I'm sure there will be a fight or two in this one, so I guess it's fine to have a little toffness on that 4th.

Fast or Miller moving forward. Glass can't keep up already, imagine game 80.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
tighten up the D zone coverages (everyone) and we should be fine.

Not unlike last season where reads were missed and coverage was lost early.

It's one thing to do it in practice, it's another against live fire.

The boys will be fine.

That said, need to get the 6-3 stench out of the building and a big win over the Islanders can do that.

Lets go Rangers

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I am relatively excited to see what Malone can do. Obviously in this game he will be needed, but moving forward, I would prefer Malone-Moore-Fast

The sooner Glass is a scratch, the better, imagine it's going to be a long time though. The big hit he threw on Sunday, which probably could have been a charging penalty, took him right out of the play and the Leafs were up the ice on a rush.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
LOL I know it's only three games but I had no clue Glass' corsi relative was -19.26%. That's BAD. Like real bad. In comparison, Jesper Fast is -9.82% and Miller is +8.22% and they're the two coming out.

AHB*

LOL I know it's only three games but I had no clue Glass' corsi relative was -19.26%. That's BAD. Like real bad. In comparison, Jesper Fast is -9.82% and Miller is +8.22% and they're the two coming out.

Fast and Miller haven't done anything special so far, but they are not even remotely close to as bad as Glass.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Fast and Miller haven't done anything special so far, but they are not even remotely close to as bad as Glass.

To be fair to Glass at least, Fast's corsi in close situations is worse than his so they're both bleeding shots as well as Dom Moore. Just shows me that the 4th line is a train wreck at the moment though I know what the reason is for that...

I advocated Malone to come in tonight but damn, with him and Glass on the 4th line, it's gonna be one slow line.

Wolfy*

Both Glass and Malone in, just as I ordered, we need more grit here. I'm glad AV is reading my posts.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Please tell me Miller and Fast have Ebola or something and they arent actually being taken out...in favor of ****ing Ryan Malone.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Beyond that he handicaps the line that he's on because he is absolutely unable to do anything at all in the offensive zone. He can't hold onto the puck at all, it's an immediate turnover, so his line can't get a cycle going.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
For all the Glass apologists, he hasn't even been able to perform the most meager of tasks. Like getting the puck in deep. He's turned over the puck in the neutral zone numerous times with poor dump ins.

AHB*

To be fair to Glass at least, Fast's corsi in close situations is worse than his so they're both bleeding shots as well as Dom Moore. Just shows me that the 4th line is a train wreck at the moment though I know what the reason is for that...

I advocated Malone to come in tonight but damn, with him and Glass on the 4th line, it's gonna be one slow line.

Dom Moore and Fast are scrambling around because Glass is completely inept. He throws huge hits at inopportune times and puts himself completely out of position.

The fact that Fast is forced to PK with him is just sad. Fast is a decent little player, but he isn't even playing with a black hole, he's playing with a guy who makes it more difficult to do anything.

I'm sick of our talnted players covering for his garbage mistakes.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
You
Want
Them
To have
Ebola?

It's game 4, let's see what he can do. Maybe sometime watching from the box will help Miller?

Help him with what? He's been one of the best possession players on the team. There's no justification for scratching him, and keeping Tanner Ass in.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Where are you getting your advanced stat numbers? I'm seeing something different at hockey-reference.com ... I know they're just in beta, but haven't found anything I like better.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Dom Moore and Fast are scrambling around because Glass is completely inept. He throws huge hits at inopportune times and puts himself completely out of position.

The fact that Fast is forced to PK with him is just sad. Fast is a decent little player, but he isn't even playing with a black hole, he's playing with a guy who makes it more difficult to do anything.

I'm sick of our talnted players covering for his garbage mistakes.

I'm 100% on your side, just pointing out the numbers. I posted it in another thread but for all the bashing Dorsett got, he could at least keep the cycle going on that 4th line and keep the shift going. He was nowhere near as bad as people made him out to be, just overpaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln