Confirmed with Link: Rangers Trade Georgiev to Avs for 3rd + 5th '22 + 3rd '23

ajdj10

Feb 14, 2012
Neverland
Initially I thought we gave back a third when reading the title.
Why the fuk did they throw in another 3rd...
Would've thought we would've accepted just 1 3rd or a 5th even.
Hopefully for his sake he can get back to his form when he first started playing here. Thought he had potential to be a starter back then.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
A steal for the Rangers in this deal; other than that, there's nothing else I can say that hasn't already been said. To get 3 mid round picks for a player who likely wasn't going to get a Qualifying offer as a RFA is a borderline heist.

Now, we wait to see what Drury and his staff do with those picks. Pick players and (hopefully) develop them properly, or move them for more immediate help.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
More than I expected. A lot better return than we got for that schmuck DeAngelo. It kind of signals that the Avs aren’t bringing Kuemper back. I’m curious because the Avs seem to have plenty of cap space.

There was just no way we could afford to qualify Alex so he was going somewhere else one way or the other. As a backup his play wasn’t always pretty. That said 15 wins 10 losses last year for your backup is not bad at all.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
odd that the Rangers got more for Georgiev than Talbot from 5-6 year ago. Talbot showed he could start for almost an entire season

I really don’t think there’s a lot of quality goalies around and that factored into the return here. I know a lot of posters here think Alex is about as bad as it gets…….but not really. one question about him is is hecapable of playing better by playing more?—-something that just wasn’t going to happen with Igor here and really apart from maybe Vasilevskiy any other starter in the league would be a backup if Igor was on their team. Colorado must think he’s got a real shot to play more for them and it saves them a few million per moving on from Kuemper.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I mean, its not like he didn't want to be here cause he hated New York , the franchise, or the other players. He was a good teammate (except for ADA) according to all reports and not a cancer. He just wanted a starting job or at least a shot at a starting job, which he will not get in NYC.

He barely even congratulated any of his teammates after a win. Is it their fault he lost the starting job? How was this guy a good teammate?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Why qualify him when they wanted to trade him and he also requested a trade before?
They wouldn't qualify him, that's the point. Georgiev was a guy that all the other teams knew was going to be a free agent in less than a week--what more would you have reasonably expected as a return for him?

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
It would be insane if next year the stanley cup finals ends up being the Avs VS the Rangers and it's literally Georgiev VS Shesterkin. That's like a WWE storyline in the making.

What would be funny if with Georgiev he plays well but they miss the playoffs 😂

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
They wouldn't qualify him, that's the point. Georgiev was a guy that all the other teams knew was going to be a free agent in less than a week--what more would you have reasonably expected as a return for him?
He wouldn't be a free agent because he was getting traded, it was very obvious. Plenty of teams were interested in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00