Proposal: Rangers /TB

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
callahan is much much better than beleskey

Callahan was arguably better than most of our Bottom 6 this season. I mean sure we did finish towards the bottom of the league, lol. He just did not get the mins in Tampa, and think with the mins he would have gotten with the Rangers, he would have been even more productive, and the mins wouldn't be overkill for him if it was more like 3rd line mins.

Last edited:
Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Callahan was arguably better than most of our Bottom 6 this season. I mean sure we did finish towards the bottom of the league, lol. He just did not get the mins in Tampa, and think with the mins he would have gotten with the Rangers, he would have been even more productive, and the mins wouldn't be overkill for him if it was more like 3rd line mins.
i totally agree callahan is still a very effective player

Reactions: Leonardo87

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I really can’t see us giving up are 1st for one year of Callahan. If this got done last season then I probably would have. I can see him going for a pick and a prospect though.

It's not really that. We get the second back, so it's essentially "trading down," which I think is a pretty good shot at Callahan's value. We're losing one of the picks either way, I would give up the 1st and keep the 2nd if it meant getting Cally off the books, which will go a long way to, first, signing Point, and, second, adding a new player type to the roster--like a top-six power forward.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's not really that. We get the second back, so it's essentially "trading down," which I think is a pretty good shot at Callahan's value. We're losing one of the picks either way, I would give up the 1st and keep the 2nd if it meant getting Cally off the books, which will go a long way to, first, signing Point, and, second, adding a new player type to the roster--like a top-six power forward.

I think it's a perfect situation given the pick situation and these past teams dealings. Rangers have that 2nd pick, and it would have become a 1st anyway if Tampa won the cup, which obviously won't happen now. So Rangers I believe move from 58th OA to 27th OA?

You guys are shedding all of that cap, and Rangers get an effective bottom 6 guy who brings that vet leadership we are looking for, and get to move up in the draft as an insurance sweetener for taking on the entire cap hit. It's a win for both teams. If people think it's going to cost you guys a 1st and then some just to move him, they are out to lunch on that.

Reactions: slg1963

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think it's a perfect situation given the pick situation and these past teams dealings. Rangers have that 2nd pick, and it would have become a 1st anyway if Tampa won the cup, which obviously won't happen now. So Rangers I believe move from 58th OA to 27th OA?

You guys are shedding all of that cap, and Rangers get an effective bottom 6 guy who brings that vet leadership we are looking for, and get to move up in the draft as an insurance sweetener for taking on the entire cap hit. It's a win for both teams. If people think it's going to cost you guys a 1st and then some just to move him, they are out to lunch on that.

Yeah, and it's not like we're talking about a top-10 pick. A lower first round pick, while very valuable, doesn't have the same kind of massive edge over a 2nd round pick as a high pick would. I mean, we saw Yzerman move down in the draft multiple times with low first rounders.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad