Post-Game Talk: RANGERS @ stars | 8:30pm | MSG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Best part of the game was Igor looking like Igor. If he takes the bull by the horn for most of the next four weeks, there's a chance.

Not gonna lie, last game worried me in that maybe the Rangers did possibly rush him back a bit from that rib injury, but tonight's game completely took away that worry. Igor did indeed look like Igor.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Points aren't the only thing that one needs to judge these dmen on.

From what I've seen of all three of them and like I said I've watched all three of them a ton due to my fantasy shit I do, Fox is by far the better dman when it comes to the defensive side of the game and it's not even close. Fox looks like a grizzled 10 year vet out there and this is not "homer speak"...this is facts.

Quinn and Makar are uber talented especially offensively but both need alot of work on the defensive side as I said earlier from my observations of them and so seeing that Fox tho maybe not as offensively skilled, his defensive prowess over the other two makes it very very close as to who is the better rookie.

That said and due to voters usually going by how many points a guy scores will likely keep Fox out of the running tho 40+ points what Fox will end up with aint to shabby, for the Calder but by no means does that make either Makar or Quinn way better than him as it's simply not true.

Fox is our best defenseman (as a rookie) and it's not even close. You're right, he won't get credit because some people only look at points. He is so impressive in both ends. That play he made on Gurianov tonight in the third when it looked like he was beat was amazing. Just incredible instincts.

I think Fox is the one player that we should be most excited about. He's a complete player in his rookie season and he's only going to get better.

Zarley Zalapski

Feb 14, 2020
Hughes & Makar are way better

fox_v_hughes.png
fox_v_makar.png

Reactions: Ail

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I'm still pissed we lost to the Debbies. We beat Ovie and the Caps, Ben Bishop who we never beat in Dallas and lose to the Devils? That game will come back to haunt us. Maybe if we come out of this road trip with 6 pts, I can put that game behind me.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I'm still pissed we lost to the Debbies. We beat Ovie and the Caps, Ben Bishop who we never beat in Dallas and lose to the Devils? That game will come back to haunt us. Maybe if we come out of this road trip with 6 pts, I can put that game behind me.
That and Buffalo. +4 pts now and it's a diff ball game.

Reactions: ohbaby

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Call up a defenseman and go 7 d? JK but would be hilarious if they did that
I want this to happen... so Staal can sit, as his replacement is here.

Call it 7 D and waiting for Kreider. Double shift some of your top players or throw Smith into a shift here and there.

I'd love this down the stretch....

Kreider Zibs Buch
Panarin Strome Kakko
Lemieux Chytil Gauthier
PDG Howden Fast

Lindgren Fox
Smith ADA
Hajek Trouba

This is the lineup... everything falls into place

We're a much better team. I know everyone doesn't like Hajek but he is MUCH better than Staal. He's got great mobility and can move the puck.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Looking at the stats is just BS. I look at Makar and Fox, and Makar is on a different level. Fox is not as dominant as Q.Hughes and Makar have been. Fox, hower, has played for a much shittier defense, so that must count for something.

Definitely. Fox might be a more complete all around player with a slightly stronger defensive game, but Hughes has that rare game breaking talent that gives him the edge. He facilitates offense everytime he is on the ice and his ability to move the puck when it is on his stick is already amongst the best in the league. If not the best period.

This is no slight against Fox who in any other year would be a runaway favorite for best rookie defenseman and Calder finalist shoe in. He is having a much better season than Ekblad when he won his Calder. As a matter of fact Fox rookie season stands up against the majority of past Calder winners since Malkin and OV, other than maybe Matthews.

Makar and Hughes are two rare talents.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Need to win all three on this trip to make up for the devils loss. Just have to

you gotta start igor tonight.

Reactions: Siddi

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
25 points on the pp getting 3:50/game on the pp...vs fox with 13 points on the pp getting 2:00/game....how many more points would fox have if he wasn't behind deangelo and splitting time with trouba?
12 more points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad