Post-Game Talk: RANGERS @ stars | 8:30pm | MSG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
That was the best Lemieux has played in a long time if not all year. KK, Howden, and Gaulthier also looked good.

I said same thing on the game day thread that this was the best Lemieux has played in over a month for sure.

Agreed about Kakko and Gautier as well as the two of them were engaged and showed the skill that made both of them first round picks. Gorton looks like he might have pulled off another fleecing getting Gautier from the Canes as give him another year or so and some coaching up, he could really become a very valuable asset.

I said this as well, it's games like this that makes you think that besides how good this team eventually will be down the road but that if we somehow someway snuck into the playoffs, that we would be one dangerous team to have to face in the first round especially because Igor looks good enough already to steal a series.

Fun times here in Rangerland as this team of ours is so much fun to watch. We'll see if some of our Metro brothers can choke and gag and help our asses out. Either way, playing these playoff type games in March is awesome experience for our kiddies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Don't be a homer lol do you watch much of them? As someone who was at Hughes first NHL game last season, his first NHL goal & see him all the time he is WAY more talented than Fox and it's not even remotely close

As an all around player, Fox is superior to both.

Makar is a monster player and I like Quinn too, but those guys are both getting prime PP time.

Toss Fox on PP1 all season and hes right up there with them.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Don't be a homer lol do you watch much of them? As someone who was at Hughes first NHL game last season, his first NHL goal & see him all the time he is WAY more talented than Fox and it's not even remotely close

Fox better than Hughes and Makar, now I've seen it all. This is no slight against Fox, he is f***ing awesome and has the most upside of any defenseman we've had since Leetch.

Hughes and Makar are both on a different level, especially Hughes offensively. His instincts are off the chart, his skating ability when he has the puck on his stick is already among the best in the league. He just is consistently facilitating offense.

Makar has the ability to take over a game unlike any rookie defenseman I have ever seen.

Fox is right there and in any other year he'd be a shoe in for a top 3 Calder finish. This is a loaded rookie class. Hart will get the 3rd nom.

Edit: Hart played too many games last season to be eligible. Fox very well might be #3 since Samsonov has fallen off recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Lemieux, Kakko and Howden had phenomenal games. Gauthier continues strong play. Hopefully its not a one-off.

I could see Kakko ending the season strong.. 35pts strong.

Our support is here.... then Chytil gets hurt.

Staal needs to go. It's turned into comedy at this point

Reactions: Leetch3

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Fil day to day lower body looks like someone is getting called up for tomorrow.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Hughes & Makar are way better

Gotta disagree with you here. I've watched all three a ton this year and there really isn't alot seperating all three of them as all of them have had great seasons.

The only thing that I will say is that Makar's skating ability is head and shoulders superior which on that extremely skilled Avs team is perfect for him. But other than skating, all three of them are pretty damn close in skill and ability.

Fox tho as young as the other two seems to play a more mature type of game and seemingly never makes mistakes compared to Quinn and Makar who definitely need to work on the defensive side of their games.

But in no way shape or form is Makar and Quinn "WAY" better than Fox at least from what I've seen of all three of them.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Hajek has been bad but at least he’s got potential

Get the half blind, slow as molasses guy outta my face
haha, poor staal. It sucks so much, he was so good. He was playing out of this world. It’s such a bummer. I know I’m like a broken record with this. Him, Sauer and obviously Cherry were such heart breaking situations.

Reactions: egelband

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I remember everyone complaining how awful our PP looked when ADA was injured and Fox was in his place. Looked like a tirefire

For one game? Because the 1st game DeAngelo missed it looked and performed fine.

The unit operates better with DeAngelo on it, I agree but lets not make Fox out to be a dead weight on the PP. He isn't. If he got PP1 time all season I'm pretty sure he would have found a way to get a few more additional points.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
For one game? Because the 1st game DeAngelo missed it looked and performed fine.

The unit operates better with DeAngelo on it, I agree but lets not make Fox out to be a dead weight on the PP. He isn't. If he got PP1 time all season I'm pretty sure he would have found a way to get a few more additional points.

Pionk has 25 PP points this season... please don't tell me Fox would not capable of something similar given he's a far smarter player.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Hughes is only 20 and has 53pts in 67gp

Points aren't the only thing that one needs to judge these dmen on.

From what I've seen of all three of them and like I said I've watched all three of them a ton due to my fantasy shit I do, Fox is by far the better dman when it comes to the defensive side of the game and it's not even close. Fox looks like a grizzled 10 year vet out there and this is not "homer speak"...this is facts.

Quinn and Makar are uber talented especially offensively but both need alot of work on the defensive side as I said earlier from my observations of them and so seeing that Fox tho maybe not as offensively skilled, his defensive prowess over the other two makes it very very close as to who is the better rookie.

That said and due to voters usually going by how many points a guy scores will likely keep Fox out of the running tho 40+ points what Fox will end up with aint to shabby, for the Calder but by no means does that make either Makar or Quinn way better than him as it's simply not true.

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
Fox is easily one of the smartest d-men I’ve seen in the league this year and he’s a rookie. While I think Makar and Hughes are better, it’s by a pretty small margin. Fox’s IQ is extremely impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad