Post-Game Talk: Rangers Spank Flyers in Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
10268636_626394410779937_6244490231699573351_n.png

On a family vacation in Cancun now. I think I just saw him going into ocean after a few tequila shots. :handclap:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
McDonagh will get better with more games under his belt. I think he's still recovering in the sense of getting back to game speed.

I think it's more than just getting back to his previous level. He's clearly playing hurt and true fans should recognize it. For comparison I was and will always appreciate what Gaborik did while playing hurt in '11 - '12 playoffs.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
McDonagh was on the radio today and says he feels healthy.

He just needs time. Hes a gamer hell get there. I dont think itll be much longer

The thing with Mac is he has one great shift and he takes off from there.

Saw some signs of it in Game 3. Moved up in the play, carried the puck. Had had issues for sure, especially around the net and moving the puck, but hell manage to get out of it. Some of it was shocking actually. Which is so uncharacteristic of him.

WVULax22

Apr 8, 2014
He just needs time. Hes a gamer hell get there. I dont think itll be much longer

The thing with Mac is he has one great shift and he takes off from there.

Saw some signs of it in Game 3. Moved up in the play, carried the puck. Had had issues for sure, especially around the net and moving the puck, but hell manage to get out of it. Some of it was shocking actually. Which is so uncharacteristic of him.

What I like about this theory is the idea that the more games we play in the playoffs, the better he'll get. If we get Kreider back soon, that's two players who will elevate the play of this team as we go.

If St Louis keeps up his level of play, and Stepan stays consistent, hopefully Nash can put a few in the basket. Brass/Zucc/Poo just need to do what they do and this team will be firing on all cylinders.

I know there's a lot of ifs, but I'm one of those rare optimistic Rangers fans.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
McDonagh will get better with more games under his belt. I think he's still recovering in the sense of getting back to game speed.

yes this... It doesn't look like physical issues... you don't hear announcers talking about his shoulder or doing awkward things on the bench... it's most likely just mental.... I suspected some sort of sprain from that hit, and it's more than likely that it is healed at this point.

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
Guys, Steve Mason is confirmed to be in for next game. Season over. Rangers havent been able to score on him since he came back from that injury. Im not watching, better off spending time staring at a blank screen.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Guys, Steve Mason is confirmed to be in for next game. Season over. Rangers havent been able to score on him since he came back from that injury. Im not watching, better off spending time staring at a blank screen.

Flyers fans would be suggesting their team try to shoot the puck at his head if it were Hank coming back from a concussion.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
yes this... It doesn't look like physical issues... you don't hear announcers talking about his shoulder or doing awkward things on the bench... it's most likely just mental.... I suspected some sort of sprain from that hit, and it's more than likely that it is healed at this point.

IMHO, after playing the whole regular season and only missing a handful games at the end, MCD should have been back to his level after 3 play-off games. Whatever he says the press is what he is required to say. Not one player will admit that he's playing hurt. However the way he was uncharacteristically overpowered for loose pucks is the sign that he's not 100% physically. However at this time of the year it is what it is and not 100% MCD is a better option than no MCD at all

BarbaraAlphanse

I am a defender of Lundqvist and McDonagh, primarily, and a cynic when it comes to a lot of other players.

What an extreme position!!

One player who is clearly showing signs of rust and/or continued effects from an injury. The other player who is playing up to par, if not better than his average, but not outside the lackluster norm present in a game 2 loss.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
One player who is clearly showing signs of rust and/or continued effects from an injury. The other player who is playing up to par, if not better than his average, but not outside the lackluster norm present in a game 2 loss.

Oh I get it - you didnt realize the fictional McDonagh quote was sarcasm.

I do like to see you almost defending Lundqvist though, besides needlessly being hung up on game 2.

BarbaraAlphanse

Oh I get it - you didnt realize the fictional McDonagh quote was sarcasm.

I do like to see you almost defending Lundqvist though, besides needlessly being hung up on game 2.

There's a thing called moderation. You labeled yourself pragmatic earlier in the year, ignorance isn't usually a part of that.

Criticism should be given when criticism is due. In the playoffs, Henrik has a propensity to let in soft goals in games that aren't elimination games. You call it playing hockey, I call it playing hockey without the proper focus.

Great player, conceivably our best player. You said many on this board are spoiled because they haven't grown up with the Dunham's of the world. I grew up with Richter's final few years, marred with injury - hardly the best display of consistent and dominant goaltending. Dunham, Blackburn, and Weekes following with their piss poor play.

Henrik was a revelation. Completely turned the fortune of this franchise around. And while I both idolize and support the guy I'm unwilling to ignore the frequency in which he lets in some weak goals.

As for McDonagh, he's been (mostly) great this year. A few bad games where his focus was also off. This series against the Flyers hasn't been his best, and while i'm not jumping on the angry mob ready to send him to the guillotine, I'm also not going to turn a blind eye to the fact that he's not only looked rusty, but also not 100%. Call that 100% healthy or 100% mentally prepared to start playing the way he used to after the injury. It's apparent, and no i'm not going to label his below par performance to "that's just hockey" either.

Funny how you have no problem criticizing other big named players who have a similar parabolic playing trend. Nash and Kreider, your favorite two to bash. Funny how one can lead the team in scoring and the other was headed towards being a Calder nominee, yet their flaws are allowed to be harped on and emphasized for months on end... but Henrik's and McDonagh's aren't. Funny.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
There's a thing called moderation. You labeled yourself pragmatic earlier in the year, ignorance isn't usually a part of that.

Criticism should be given when criticism is due. In the playoffs, Henrik has a propensity to let in soft goals in games that aren't elimination games. You call it playing hockey, I call it playing hockey without the proper focus.

Great player, conceivably our best player. You said many on this board are spoiled because they haven't grown up with the Dunham's of the world. I grew up with Richter's final few years, marred with injury - hardly the best display of consistent and dominant goaltending. Dunham, Blackburn, and Weekes following with their piss poor play.

Henrik was a revelation. Completely turned the fortune of this franchise around. And while I both idolize and support the guy I'm unwilling to ignore the frequency in which he lets in some weak goals.

As for McDonagh, he's been (mostly) great this year. A few bad games where his focus was also off. This series against the Flyers hasn't been his best, and while i'm not jumping on the angry mob ready to send him to the guillotine, I'm also not going to turn a blind eye to the fact that he's not only looked rusty, but also not 100%. Call that 100% healthy or 100% mentally prepared to start playing the way he used to after the injury. It's apparent, and no i'm not going to label his below par performance to "that's just hockey" either.

Funny how you have no problem criticizing other big named players who have a similar parabolic playing trend. Nash and Kreider, your favorite two to bash. Funny how one can lead the team in scoring and the other was headed towards being a Calder nominee, yet their flaws are allowed to be harped on and emphasized for months on end... but Henrik's and McDonagh's aren't. Funny.

Its really not funny at all considering Lundqvist and McDonagh are better and - this is important - more consistent players.

So while you want to lecture about moderation, you are in a crew that tends to explode over every game, period, shift. So, you'll have to forgive me if I don't heed your advice -- at the very least, my opinions are somewhat consistent.

BarbaraAlphanse

Its really not funny at all considering Lundqvist and McDonagh are better and - this is important - more consistent players.

So while you want to lecture about moderation, you are in a crew that tends to explode over every game, period, shift. So, you'll have to forgive me if I don't heed your advice -- at the very least, my opinions are somewhat consistent.

Oh please. You and I both know i'm not part of the bi-polar radicals on this board.

Throw mud on the wall and see what sticks. But please, by all means, continue to ignore my key points and manufacture your own side arguments.

Last edited by a moderator:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Name the goalies who do not give up"soft" goals in the playoffs and I dispute your claim, anyway. I have seen much softer goals in other playoff games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad