Post-Game Talk: Rangers Spank Flyers in Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Hundreds of trains down below cant help matters either, I would imagine.

It's all about the ventilation down there and what's in the floor. A lot of places actually have to underfloor WARMING or let the ice melt for portions of the year so they don't crack the sediment underneath the ice, MSG doesn't have those issues. However, you can cool the floor so as to make sure the ice is good. Lower the ambient temp a few degrees with some air-handlers could make a major difference. There's lots of options.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Jesus, why do we have yet another two day break? The NHL's handler of scheduling should be tied up by his balls.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I had a package to mail at the post office across from the Garden. I saw McDonagh, Staal and Pouliot walking right next to me before they entered the entrance on 8th Avenue. The Rangers are skating there today before taking the train back to Philly.

AHB*

Was going to post the same thing...

Favors the Flyers. Again.

Really? I don't think that's true at all. Sitting on a win is MUCH harder then sitting on a loss. When teams lose, they usually want to get right back out there.

I think this really favors the Rangers. But I don't put much weight in momentum and things of the like outside of in-game scenarios.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
This cannot be overstated. St. Louis has been a monster these past three games, both offensively and defensively. He's no doubt been a game breaker, whereas Callahan had nowhere near a comparable effect for the Lightning who were eliminated quietly without putting up much of a fight at all.

Good hockey player vs. world class hockey player.

Callahan, to me, is reminiscent of an era of Rangers hockey that got very stale. I appreciate what he did here but I embraced his departure. St. Louis is the most dynamic player we've been able to root for since Jagr and it's incredibly exciting.

Now just sign Callahan this off season and it's a win win.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
Really? I don't think that's true at all. Sitting on a win is MUCH harder then sitting on a loss. When teams lose, they usually want to get right back out there.

I think this really favors the Rangers. But I don't put much weight in momentum and things of the like outside of in-game scenarios.

I agree, but I think it's more frustrating to us as fans to have those 3 days instead of the customary 2. We are all creatures of habits and now where stuck watching other teams play :help:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I am not going to lie, I understand it sucks to have a couple of days off, but the coverage this year has been PHENOMENAL. I have watched multiple games every night and they are all on national TV. Who cares if there are 2 days off? The sport itself has a lot more coverage which is good for the league

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I kind of like the 2 day breaks because we've won both times I can relish the wins. The back to back won't matter if this team TCBs (takes care of business).

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I am not going to lie, I understand it sucks to have a couple of days off, but the coverage this year has been PHENOMENAL. I have watched multiple games every night and they are all on national TV. Who cares if there are 2 days off? The sport itself has a lot more coverage which is good for the league

I agree. I've been binging on hockey. One game ends, another immediately starts on the same channel. It's like an open bar haha.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I agree. I've been binging on hockey. One game ends, another immediately starts on the same channel. It's like an open bar haha.

No to mention they stagger start times so no two games go into intermission at the same time.

The NHL and NBC are doing some good things... it's a process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad